Baldwin shoots two on movie set, accidental misfire???

14 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

A lot of people jumped to conclusions on this one. Alec might be a douchebag, but I'm fairly certain actors aren't really expected to clear a gun on set. I bet most actors don't even know the difference in ammo types. 

No might be to it. But, you're probably right. Stupid isn't illegal. In fact, it's the number one money crop in the US right now.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

A lot of people jumped to conclusions on this one. Alec might be a douchebag, but I'm fairly certain actors aren't really expected to clear a gun on set. I bet most actors don't even know the difference in ammo types. 

Maybe they should be expected to.  These same actors want to hang a gunowner out to dry when someone steals their gun and uses it in a crime.  Responsibility goes both ways.  

• Like 5
On 10/22/2021 at 6:38 PM, gregintenn said:

Alec Baldwin is the biggest tool in Hollywood. Change my mind.

Sean Penn, Rosie O'Donnell come to mind. Liam Nelson is another one. All need to spend some time in Cuba, Somalia or Russia for a while, see how they like it.

• Like 1

Cast me in with others whom wonder WHY live ammo was within a mile of a movie set? Ho Lee Chit, what a moronic act of stupidity.

I feel bad for the young lady who was supposedly the armorer for the movie if in fact she is the one whom made the fateful error in loading a live round. I mean, how the F does one do THAT????? 

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Then he shouldn’t have a firearm in his hand. I don’t much care whether it was sabotage, bad judgement, or what, if he pulled the trigger, he owns the bullet until it comes to rest.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Then he shouldn’t have a firearm in his hand. I don’t much care whether it was sabotage, bad judgement, or what, if he pulled the trigger, he owns the bullet until it comes to rest.

But, did you see him in Beetlejuice? He's a national treasure.

• Haha 1

Ever since the Lee incident there is nothing more controlled on a movie set than the Gun Wrangler and the firearm used. From what I have seen on sets the last twenty five years the Wrangler walks the checked gun to the actor and checked again. The actor is told any clowning and it wil be removed from them and then back to a seperate gun prop trailer and locked away. It is never out of sight for a second. All or most Insurance writers for that that movie has a clause If anyone is injured/killed from live ammo,we do not pay. This is hard for me to belive it could ever happen again.  I guess we will hear the story or a whitewashed version.

10 hours ago, Will said:

Ever since the Lee incident there is nothing more controlled on a movie set than the Gun Wrangler and the firearm used. From what I have seen on sets the last twenty five years the Wrangler walks the checked gun to the actor and checked again. The actor is told any clowning and it wil be removed from them and then back to a seperate gun prop trailer and locked away. It is never out of sight for a second. All or most Insurance writers for that that movie has a clause If anyone is injured/killed from live ammo,we do not pay. This is hard for me to belive it could ever happen again.  I guess we will hear the story or a whitewashed version.

Look at the amount of guns used in the John Wick movie series. Yet not a single injury, much less a death. Huge difference in hiring someone whom knows WTF they're doing versus some rookie female in order to both save $$$ & check a diversity box. Nor should it matter who her dad is or how good he was, that's irrelevant when he's not there, IMO. 

Baldwin was/is a producer for this movie. I hope he gets sued for every nickel he has or will ever have in the future.

Edited by bobsguns
2 hours ago, Will said:

The Lee incident was a weird one. Squib in the barrel because they forgot to remove a primer, followed by a blank that turned it into a live round. This one was probably much more stupid and negligent. Gonna be interesting to see how it shakes out.

• Like 1

More damaging news coming out this morning on the net.

Seems Baldwin isn't the innocent victim he's claiming to be (gasp!). Reports are now saying he took the gun out himself for target practice off-set. Chain-of-custody on the gun is where the guilt is going to be but as others mentioned, Hollyweird is perfect at covering their ass. Some of you might remember the death of Vic Morrow & some kids on the Twilight Zone movie set? A helicopter stunt went badly wrong & killed 4-5 people. Not a single person was found criminally negligent afterwards. 

I hope they hang Alec Baldwin by his tiny little testicles & the victims sue him for all he's worth. He's a skid mark on the underwear of humanity.  🤬

• Like 4
8 hours ago, tercel89 said:

There should never be anything more than an airsoft gun on something like this. And even it should be checked and checked again. 

Thats the part I can't figure out (without resorting to nefarious reasons). Especially considering the strong anti-gun stance from Baldwin himself and everything Kalifornia? Why was live ammo even within 1 mile of the set???

... and to @tercel89's point, replica/airsoft guns are darned good mockups. Great question. You're telling me all of Hollywood's special effects teams can't make a real looking dummy, but I can get one that will fool a cop for 35 bucks at a toy store?

In fact I recall the Mrs. McClosky's trial got tossed out of court b/c the 'gun' she 'brandished' in front of the 'protestors' was actually a disabled movie prop the McCloskys had used in a previous courtroom trial.

Interesting segue.... the gun was disabled by a licensed armorer so that they could use it is a prop during oral arguments in the trial (since normal humans can't bring a real gun to court). After it was confiscated by the police when they arrested her, the police depts armorer repaired the gun making it functional again. Allegedly to 'verify its effectiveness'.

Let that marinate for a minute.

21 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

Thats the part I can't figure out (without resorting to nefarious reasons). Especially considering the strong anti-gun stance from Baldwin himself and everything Kalifornia? Why was live ammo even within 1 mile of the set???

Hypocrisy is why.

Same reason John blanking Kerry supported an AW ban but keeps a AK-47 himself. Full auto, no less. Rosie (where's the food?) O'Donnell wants guns banned but has armed security. Former columnist Carl Rowan, Sr wanted guns banned yet shot an unarmed teen who dared to use his pool. Sean Penn wants to ban guns yet he carried a 12ga pump when he visited New Orleans after Katrina. 

There's a list of elite hypocrites 100 miles long when it comes to firearms. "Rules for thee, not for me" is their standard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I can't wait to hear how this is played out when it is all said and done and the case is closed. Hollywood is one of the most anti-gun lobbyists in the country yet some of their biggest block buster movies, guns are a big attraction. If there was going to be an accidental firearms you would think it would have happened is any of the John Wick movies. According to research John Wick shot and killed 108 people in the first movie yet no one was hurt for real. But then John Wick was portrayed by Keanu Reeves which is a firearms advocate and supports the 2nd Amendment and I would bet he practices gun safety even when he is on the movie set.........JMHO 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I can't wait to hear how this is played out when it is all said and done and the case is closed. Hollywood is one of the most anti-gun lobbyists in the country yet some of their biggest block buster movies, guns are a big attraction. If there was going to be an accidental firearms you would think it would have happened is any of the John Wick movies. According to research John Wick shot and killed 108 people in the first movie yet no one was hurt for real. But then John Wick was portrayed by Keanu Reeves which is a firearms advocate and supports the 2nd Amendment and I would bet he practices gun safety even when he is on the movie set.........JMHO 

Keanu is a really bright guy. Alec is an idiot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As to why use real guns? They are readily available, look and sound right when fired with blanks, blanks are cheap. Movies have used real guns since the very beginning. Think silent westerns. 

Why not just add in CGI or other special effects to make it look like the gun fired? Because  doing so is  expensive, time consuming and requires high dollar experts to make it look right. 

The way I see it, at least three people messed up here.

1. The armorer should have checked the gun better.

2. The assistant director should have checked the gun before handing it over.

3. Baldwin should have checked the gun himself. 

Plus, as producer, Baldwin is ultimately responsible for everything that happens on set.  It would seem that his money saving efforts led to a  death. 

I sincerely hope Baldwin gets crucified for this. But I know it ain't gonna happen. 🤬

Hopefully nobody in Hollywood is going to want anything to do with him for a very long time and he'll be put out of work.