Baldwin shoots two on movie set, accidental misfire???

I pick up a gun at a gun show and point it at someone and pull the trigger and the gun fires and kills the person, 3 guesses who is going to jail, first 2 guesses do not count.

Same same here, it is the person holding the firearm when it goes bang that is responsible.

• Like 7
59 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

What was her job description? Answer: control & preparation of the prop guns. Nothing more, certainly nothing less. She failed miserably.

If a parent has a young child with them at a store & the kid wanders outside & gets ran over by a car, who's at fault? The retail clerk? Security? The car driver? No, the parent is at fault because THAT was their JOB & they failed miserably at it. So did she.

The child is a minor. If the child is of age, it is the child’s fault.

26 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

The child is a minor. If the child is of age, it is the child’s fault.

Duh. Unless the child is mentally handicapped, no parent is responsible for the well being of their child. "Child" implies someone under the age of 9 or 10 years old, IMO. Usually under 6 for that matter. Unless of course said "child" is getting shot for beating, robbing or attempting to rape a white person. Then the "child" can be up to 24 years old & the media pic of the "child" will be when it was 5 years old.....................    😐

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Duh. Unless the child is mentally handicapped, no parent is responsible for the well being of their child. "Child" implies someone under the age of 9 or 10 years old, IMO. Usually under 6 for that matter. Unless of course said "child" is getting shot for beating, robbing or attempting to rape a white person. Then the "child" can be up to 24 years old & the media pic of the "child" will be when it was 5 years old.....................    😐

perhaps I misinterpreted your post, but it took it as you comparing Alec Baldwin to the child. 

58 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

A child is someone under the age of 18, unless a court has deemed otherwise.

A few points:

1.  Involuntary manslaughter in New Mexico is a 4th degree felony, with maximum punishments of $5000 fine and/or 18 months in prison.   So it's treated more like a big misdemeanor.  (4 states treat involuntary manslaughter as a misdemeanor, and 2 other states can go either way. ) 

2. With regard to an earlier post, this movie wasn't being shot in NM for the scenery.  It's for the NM tax break for movies.  Over $650 million has been spent in NM ytd, or last year; the item I saw on that wasn't clear which.

3. The real "justice" will be in the civil law settlements.  Everyone (that counts) knows that!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, bobsguns said:

What was her job description? Answer: control & preparation of the prop guns. Nothing more, certainly nothing less. She failed miserably.

Absolutely no doubt. She did fail miserably.  But my questions are was she even there when the asst. director took the gun? Did she give it to him?  Did she know he had taken it?  There has been absolutely no mention of any of this. Last I heard, stupid isn't illegal. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Her entire purpose for being on the set was to take care of the gun(s). Nothing else. Not to stock toilet paper, not to provide security, not to taste the food. It was to KEEP THE GUN(S) SAFE!

She failed miserably. Not only did she allow them to get out of her immediate control, she failed to check them when they returned. She's either stupid or was sleeping with someone in order to get that job. Either way, she IS criminally responsible of a certain %. That's where the courts will determine what's what. 

I maybe didn't use the best choice of words in my earlier post.  I meant breaking the law wrong.  .  I DO agree she failed to do her job.  I've never been on a movie set and I'm not sure what the standards are for Armorers.  Common sense and the law don't always go hand in hand.  I don't doubt she will be charged, but the real criminal here is Alec Baldwin.  Ultimately, had he exercised any of the gun safety rules, the incident wouldn't have happened.  As was pointed out above, having the film industry there is a boon to their economy, so I imagine they wont do anything to jeopardize that.

• Like 1

FWIW national news this morning is steering most of the blame toward Halls. He apparently has a past with props misfiring and getting fired from sets over the years. Reed is only mentioned as the armorer but it doesn't sound like she was on set at the time the incident occurred. It's interesting that several other armorers turned this job down before they arrived at Reed. The reason ? So whoever holds the purse strings for RUST decided to combine some positions to save money which is why Halls had access to an otherwise closely watched prop. Several well known armorers went on national TV this morning saying once they found out that's the environment they would be working in they said "NO THANKS" and kept moving.  That leads me to believe Reed may have jumped at the opportunity to further her up and coming career despite whatever the work environment called for. Regardless of all that the MSM is making sure to shield Baldwin going as far as to suggest he didn't even pull the trigger and the gun just "went off" by itself 🤣. Got to love the stupidity

• Haha 1

I’ve yet to hear anyone come out and say they were actually filming a scene at the time of the shooting. I imagine he was just waving it around and acting like the tool he is.

The photos showing him having his fit afterward has him wearing a blue t shirt. I seriously doubt this was a costume for a western movie.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I’ve yet to hear anyone come out and say they were actually filming a scene at the time of the shooting. I imagine he was just waving it around and acting like the tool he is.

The photos showing him having his fit afterward has him wearing a blue t shirt. I seriously doubt this was a costume for a western movie.

I did see that and was thinking " I bet he changed clothes before he got the I'M UPSET photos" or.........

😆 If they were filming, they got the shot on camera. 

Edited by Alleycat72

Being on the set with a bunch of untrained Hollywood elites and real guns has to be terrifying.  I can only imagine their gun handling habits.  I hate to say it, but many law-abiding gunowners' gun handling/safety skills are atrocious.  I often observe strangers routinely violating Cooper's rules.  I compete in a sport that disqualifies you if you allow your muzzle to point past an imaginary 180 line that is parallel to the forward berm, so maybe I am biased.  I would hate to imagine Baldwin's gun handling skills.  

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Being on the set with a bunch of untrained Hollywood elites and real guns has to be terrifying.  I can only imagine their gun handling habits.  I hate to say it, but many law-abiding gunowners' gun handling/safety skills are atrocious.  I often observe strangers routinely violating Cooper's rules.  I compete in a sport that disqualifies you if you allow your muzzle to point past an imaginary 180 line that is parallel to the forward berm, so maybe I am biased.  I would hate to imagine Baldwin's gun handling skills.  

He thinks it perfectly fine for him to have a gun, but you shouldn’t have one. He is also idolized and his opinion carries great weight with a large percentage of Americans. To me, this is much more scary than his gun safety record.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

He thinks it perfectly fine for him to have a gun, but you shouldn’t have one. He is also idolized and his opinion carries great weight with a large percentage of Americans. To me, this is much more scary than his gun safety record.

I think his gun safety record is in the minus column after last Thursday and he is one of the do say as I say not as I do crowd which I think he will get booted out of that group also. The DA is considering filing criminal charges but did not say at who? Might be a couple people before it's over.........JMHO

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Live bullet was in gun fired by Alec Baldwin in fatal ...

According to ABC news this was a still taken moments before the fatal incident. They said the deceased can be seen in the foreground which I assume is the one on the left operating the camera rig.

The woman shot is the one with the beige beanie and headphones standing behind the woman directly in front of Baldwin. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I think his gun safety record is in the minus column after last Thursday and he is one of the do say as I say not as I do crowd which I think he will get booted out of that group also. The DA is considering filing criminal charges but did not say at who? Might be a couple people before it's over.........JMHO

I doubt it, Doug. We’re it you or me, there’d be charges. Folks like Baldwin always seem to be able to slither out of trouble unscathed.

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

What gets me is the average American that likes Westerns, does not like Baldwin. 🤔

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Quavodus said:

What gets me is the average American that likes Westerns, does not like Baldwin. 🤔

True. I like Westerns, but Baldwin belongs in a Western,  like I belong in the cockpit of  747.

Edited by Grunt67
  • Like 2

From what I have read on the web, so it has to be true, even when using blanks guns are not to be pointed at people or equipment.  They normally have a dummy to point at so that everyone knows where the actor will be pointing. This seems to make sense so the cameras can be set up and they get the shot they are looking for,( pun intended).  If I am pulling the trigger I will make dang sure what is going to be coming out the barrel regardless who hands me the firearm. If my finger is on the trigger its on me. 

• Like 3

He may be idolized by the non-Trumper's but if you ask plain people in New York city about him personally they don't like him. He treats many folks like crap in that city and has made a lot of enemies there. He has been in the news often about his treatment of people just walking down the street. if they don't move over when he is walking in their direction and he explodes with his super attitude!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
12 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

He may be idolized by the non-Trumper's but if you ask plain people in New York city about him personally they don't like him. He treats many folks like crap in that city and has made a lot of enemies there. He has been in the news often about his treatment of people just walking down the street. if they don't move over when he is walking in their direction and he explodes with his super attitude!

I'd love to teach him a lesson in manners.

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, 45guy said:

From what I have read on the web, so it has to be true, even when using blanks guns are not to be pointed at people or equipment.  They normally have a dummy to point at so that everyone knows where the actor will be pointing. This seems to make sense so the cameras can be set up and they get the shot they are looking for,( pun intended).  If I am pulling the trigger I will make dang sure what is going to be coming out the barrel regardless who hands me the firearm. If my finger is on the trigger its on me. 

All it takes is foreign debris in the barrel and you're going to jail. Oh I forgot......unless you're an actor. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

All it takes is foreign debris in the barrel and you're going to jail. Oh I forgot......unless you're an actor. 

Yeah, I've got a feeling this just might be the gun's fault.  They are very well known to aim and fire themselves! lol

• Like 4