Baldwin shoots two on movie set, accidental misfire???

21 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

A child is someone under the age of 18, unless a court has deemed otherwise.

Not according to the media. A hood rat is a "child" for many, many years past 18. Especially when one is shot by a cop while committing a serious crime.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Live bullet was in gun fired by Alec Baldwin in fatal ...

According to ABC news this was a still taken moments before the fatal incident. They said the deceased can be seen in the foreground which I assume is the one on the left operating the camera rig.

The person you describe would likely be called the grip. That is likely who lived but was injured. I believe the deceased is the lady in the poof jacket with headphones on.聽

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Live bullet was in gun fired by Alec Baldwin in fatal ...

According to ABC news this was a still taken moments before the fatal incident. They said the deceased can be seen in the foreground which I assume is the one on the left operating the camera rig.

That鈥檚 a dude. 聽Foreground is blond with tan beanie, the one killed and nearest the observer.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Not according to the media. A hood rat is a "child" for many, many years past 18. Especially when one is shot by a cop while committing a serious crime.

In the hood, you call call it whatever you want. Doesn't change it.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

FIFY

A couple of years ago there was a guy, last name Sark, that invented a new method of speaking. It involves saying the opposite of what you mean, and it is a revolutionary way of communicating. A common issue that we are starting to see is that it doesn't always translate via text.

Star Trek GIF

• Haha 4
30 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

A couple of years ago there was a guy, last name Sark, that invented a new method of speaking. It involves saying the opposite of what you mean, and it is a revolutionary way of communicating. A common issue that we are starting to see is that it doesn't always translate via text.

Star Trek GIF

Yep. Got me put in Facebook Jail multiple times.

About 35 years ago I had an investment advisory client in Sedona AZ,聽 who had just retired after decades as the shooting instructor for a major Hollywood studio.聽

Back then, they really wanted things to look very authentic on film, and to be safe.聽 Those movie stars had to spend a lot of time with him before they ever got their hands on a gun on the set.聽 I think he told me the job was usually about 75% making things look right and 25% safety, but he wouldn't approve any actor until they got the safety part down cold.聽 His house was filled with signed photos, guns, hats, you-name-it from all those years.聽 聽RIP David Chamberlain !

• Like 1

Kinda-ish related......ish

This topic just started up today on a western hunting forum I frequent. Lots of left coas7t hunters on there.聽

Seeing the blame-shift-difference between those guy's & you guys is HIGH-LARious! 90% of the Cali dudes are blaming the armourer, director, sound guy etc...... literally everyone BUT the guy holding the gun. There's a solid 50/50 split right now, between left-coasters & real people on who's to blame. 50% Baldwin, 50% everyone who isn't Baldwin. It's actually pretty fascinating. In a train crashing into an orphanage way.聽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

Kinda-ish related......ish

This topic just started up today on a western hunting forum I frequent. Lots of left coas7t hunters on there.聽

Seeing the blame-shift-difference between those guy's & you guys is HIGH-LARious! 90% of the Cali dudes are blaming the armourer, director, sound guy etc...... literally everyone BUT the guy holding the gun. There's a solid 50/50 split right now, between left-coasters & real people on who's to blame. 50% Baldwin, 50% everyone who isn't Baldwin. It's actually pretty fascinating. In a train crashing into an orphanage way.聽

You know the biggest tragedy is that he didn't just cap himself. There I said it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Sheriff and DA certainly aren't ruling out criminal charges. The way I see it, Baldwin should be charged with Involuntary manslaughter/ negligent homicide and the assistant director charged with criminal negligence. Still too many questions unanswered about the armorer to figure her role in all this. But I figure she'll probably get charged with something.聽

But, I'm no lawyer and none of us are privy to the actual facts. But it does seem that the local authorities are drawing this out longer than necessary. The movie industry being big money in New Mexico probably has a lot to do with that. All we can do is wait and see.聽

Well as much as I dislike Alec Baldwin because of how he treats people in general I am sorry that this incident too place at all and a young mother and wife died and director was injured but I still don't think this should just get a pass without someone or more than one person be found guilty of something and have to pay for what happened......JMHO

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

The Sheriff and DA certainly aren't ruling out criminal charges. The way I see it, Baldwin should be charged with Involuntary manslaughter/ negligent homicide and the assistant director charged with criminal negligence. Still too many questions unanswered about the armorer to figure her role in all this. But I figure she'll probably get charged with something.聽

But, I'm no lawyer and none of us are privy to the actual facts. But it does seem that the local authorities are drawing this out longer than necessary. The movie industry being big money in New Mexico probably has a lot to do with that. All we can do is wait and see.聽

This is not the first movie to be made on this site in NM. I have read that 6 other previous movies have been made here and there was never an issue as the people producing and directing the movies were all Hollywood professionals using local 44 personnel in the making of the picture.聽

6 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Also heard it was an Italian Peacemaker replica in 45 Colt. I expected that all along.

The terminology is inconsistent on the news clips but live round now is only a real complete round I guess.

Question: without looking at the gun pointing at you how do you easily know if the gun has blanks, dummy rounds, or live rounds in a replica gun like that. No swing out cylinder and just a loading gate access.

I guess dummy rounds so camera can see bullets showing out the cylinder. Crimped blanks would look odd.

Are the dummy and blanks different enough from the back?

Snap caps are red for example

Edited by OLDNEWBIE
Addition