Baldwin shoots two on movie set, accidental misfire???

7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

It seems to keep coming back to being cheap with everything. The all mighty dollar. 

Which is why I hope they bury Baldwin UNDER the jail over this. I hope they also sue his arrogant-libtard-loving-butt off too. I hope he ends up broke & destitute like a former child actor. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to the link and watched the pre-view. Baldwin is definitely  playing innocent victim here.  I doubt he's looking for truth. He's playing for sympathy. I won't waste my time. Y'all tell me how it comes out. 🙄

I saw another article that said the live ammo came from the guy who supplied the guns. They're still working on that. 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Tomorrow night at 8 ET Baldwin will explain that he “didn’t pull the trigger” in an interview with George Stephanopoulos.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237

I think he might be trying sway potential jurists, influence public opinion. A first class manure spreader.  I don’t believe a word of it. 

• Like 1

Alec Baldwin claims he didn't pull the trigger? It's a single action revolver which means someone opened the loading gate, put live ammunition in the cylinder, closed the loading gate, cocked the hammer & applied pressure to the trigger to cause the gun to discharge a bullet.

Baldwin can claim whatever he wants, but the truth is already known. In a scene being rehearsed that did not call for the gun to be cocked, nor fired, he did both. On top of that, he pointed the gun directly at a human being while pulling the trigger. These are the known facts. He's already on record telling the police he was the one that shot poor Ms. Halyna Hutchins.

How did live ammo get on set? Who put live ammo in the gun? Not known just yet. But we know the assistant director (Dave Halls) picked up the gun, handed it to Baldwin & said "cold gun" without checking it properly. He is liable. Baldwin shot a person with that gun (by cocking the hammer AND pulling the trigger.) He is liable. The rest is just noise.

But we all know how this will play out. Baldwin will get a slap on the wrist, criminally speaking. The insurance company will settle the civil suits out of court. And Hollyweird will welcome him back with open arms while condemning guns as being dangerous and evil, yet they will still be using them to make movies & money. Situation normal.

• Like 3

Well I just saw a 1 minute preview of the upcoming "tell all" set for tonight and its gonna be everything you'd expect. He never pulled the trigger, Halls is now backing that claim up with his attorney doubling down on that 🙄, and surprise surprise he attempts to cry but just can't summon....it....out. I assume the remaining time will be spent painting him as a victim, someone else as the "real" criminal, and how more gun control will help to prevent this in the future.

• Like 1

Anybody with even a basic understanding of single action revolvers knows that there are only a couple of ways Baldwin didn't pull the trigger on purpose. First is the gun is defective and the hammer either didn't lock or slipped the sear. Second would be if Baldwin already had the trigger pulled back with his finger on it but didn't realize it when he cocked the gun. Thereby slip firing the gun when he released the hammer. If his thumb had slipped while cocking, the half cock/loading notch  should have caught the hammer. But no matter how it happened, the gun had to be manually cocked intentionally. And none of this excuses Baldwin of not checking the gun to begin with. 

Baldwin is trying hard to play the victim here. That ain't gonna fly. 

• Like 4
On 11/10/2021 at 3:30 PM, Capbyrd said:

I'm an expert in not being an expert. 

I was an aircraft mechanic in the Navy for 20 years and I was a SERE instructor. The only field that I consider myself an expert is spending my wifes money. Just ask her, she will tell you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The level of stupidity required to accept the premise that an inert inanimate object spontaneously acted on its own behalf defies comprehension.

Judge should throw the book at him during opening arguments.

Guns don't just 'go off'.

Honestly, if he were to get off on these charges, it would do more damage to gun rights than anything. You will have legally enshrined via case law responsibility to a chunk of metal, not the individual manipulating it. Baffles the mind that there are people stupid enough to accept this premise (and they get to vote!)

• Like 5

It's entertaining to see the scorn that is being heaped on Baldwin about this.  I had some sympathy for the guy earlier -- it's awful for anyone to bear the moral weight of having accidentally killed an innocent person -- but he's such a lying weasel that now I'm simply disgusted.  That said, there are others on the set that day who also need to face charges.

• Like 5

He said in interview that he pulled the hammer back a little and was asking, "Is this enough?, Is this enough?" No finger on trigger.

I assume he's claiming it was practice for a close up shot. He also said it was supposed to be empty. No dummies nothing. 

To me trigger squeeze or hammer release would not make any difference in the trial unless prosecution is suggesting some sort of premeditated murder but...

If he let go before it cocked couldn't it fire? No internal safety on old single actions correct? That's why you carry with an empty cylinder I thought.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

If he let go before it cocked couldn't it fire? No internal safety on old single actions correct? That's why you carry with an empty cylinder I thought.

On an old revolver you are correct no internal safety, however modern single actions have a bar that has to be pulled up or pushed up with the pull of the trigger to allow the hammer to strike the fireing pin.

• Like 1

On a SA revolver, especially a Colt copy, there is no safety. The gun can fire if dropped or other hard strike to the back of the hammer. This is why there has always been the practice of carrying them with only 5 rounds and the hammer resting on an empty chamber. However, there has never been any claim of the gun falling or being hit.  AFAIK only Ruger uses a transfer bar action. Baldwin was using a Pietta SA which is an exact copy of the Colt Single Action Army. 

The hammer has to be partially cocked to load or unload. This is the purpose of the half cock notch in the hammer. By setting the hammer in the half cock position, the cylinder is free to spin. The half cock engages with very little backward motion of the hammer. Maybe a 1/4  inch or so.  if the hammer should slip before half cock, it shouldn't have enough power to fire a cartridge. If the hammer should slip at some point beyond half cock, the half cock notch should catch it if the trigger is at rest. But not if the trigger is pulled.  There is a method called slip firing where the gun is fired by holding the trigger back, cocking the hammer and just letting the thumb slip off. 

Its been a while since I've owned a SA revolver. I don't think a hammer fall before half cock could set off a primer, but I can't absolutely swear to it. Any current Colt style SA owners care to offer their opinion? 

I didn't watch the interview. Did Baldwin say if his thumb slipped off the hammer at any time? I don't recall him saying so in the past. But again, it doesn't excuse him from not checking the gun himself. 

• Like 1