Baldwin shoots two on movie set, accidental misfire???

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

This whole thing comes from being to cheap to hire   professional people. They had people working on the movie set that didn't have a clue about just how dangerous being stupid can be. 

They're fixing to find out how "cheap" hiring cheap help can be, IMO. I bet liability lawyers are salivating at the thought of the award amount.

I would also think the insurance company will bow out of coverage due to criminal negligence or some legal type of maneuvering. Once they do that, then the entire amount of liability will fall on the production company, which is likely Baldwin's company. 

Couldn't have happened to a better guy.   🤨

Does anybody know, why are movie guns that fire blanks, not made in a way to only accept blank cartridges? Why isn't there a special caliber just for blanks that all prop guns use? Or make the blanks in such a way that only they can fit in the chamber. Seems like a better solution to this kind of problem. Only reason I can think of is its just easier to go down to the local gun store and get whatever you need, but in a movie with a several million dollar budget, that excuse shouldn't fly.

There ought to be a law.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

Does anybody know, why are movie guns that fire blanks, not made in a way to only accept blank cartridges? Why isn't there a special caliber just for blanks that all prop guns use? Or make the blanks in such a way that only they can fit in the chamber. Seems like a better solution to this kind of problem. Only reason I can think of is its just easier to go down to the local gun store and get whatever you need, but in a movie with a several million dollar budget, that excuse shouldn't fly.

There ought to be a law.

I'm okay with hollywood making it a rule, but I'm against it being a law.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

There ought to be a law.

Well, in many instances, specific gun models are in movies for product placement by the manufacturers (although this probably isn't the case for the SA revolver in this matter). 

https://www.kcrw.com/culture/shows/design-and-architecture/america-is-the-gun-2013-do-movies-provide-the-branding

Thus, manufacturers who benefit from this type of advertising could simply provide non-firing replicas.

7 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

There ought to be a law.

Or they could come up with safety processes and follow them. A gun is one of many lethal things that can be on a movie set. Banning something to protect idiots is so... California 🙂 

• Like 3

Well during the investigation it seems the crew had gone out that morning and use the firearm to shoot with. Then it was laid on the cart with all the other  firearms, nobody knows how live round got put in it, why the hell would Baldwin point a firearm at somebody and pull the trigger.

I am telling y’all, you just can’t fix stupid.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Or they could come up with safety processes and follow them. A gun is one of many lethal things that can be on a movie set. Banning something to protect idiots is so... California 🙂 

Anti-gun Hollywood types are in a bubble and have demonized gun owners, the NRA and anyone who has knowledge that would have prevented this. They in fact have, (dare I say), CANCELLED them. Insulating yourself from people who you disagree with can be fatal. If you have avoided guns and people who use them all your life maybe you should take a moment and educate yourself before you play act with them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Anti-gun Hollywood types are in a bubble and have demonized gun owners, the NRA and anyone who has knowledge that would have prevented this. They in fact have, (dare I say), CANCELLED them. Insulating yourself from people who you disagree with can be fatal. If you have avoided guns and people who use them all your life maybe you should take a moment and educate yourself before you play act with them.

If they educated themselves with guns there would be less anti-gun people and many that claim to be anti-gun people own guns now but don't want other people to have them. Pray-tell I would be afraid to guess how many guns are inside that bubble you speak of.......JMHO

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Well during the investigation it seems the crew had gone out that morning and use the firearm to shoot with. Then it was laid on the cart with all the other  firearms, nobody knows how live round got put in it, why the hell would Baldwin point a firearm at somebody and pull the trigger.

I am telling y’all, you just can’t fix stupid.

My understanding is that they were filming a shot where he pointed the gun at camera and fired a shot. I thinking close up of the pistol firing.  She and the Assistant Director or whatever the other person was, were behind the camera.  I bet round ricochetted off the camera and hit her and the parts of the camera hit him. 

A live round was probably left in the chamber after they spent the morning "plinking".  Firearms were placed in the gun cart and then everyone went to lunch.  When they came back, the assistant director, picked up the pistol and handed to Baldwin and they proceeded to shoot the scene.  Sounds like absolutely no one bothered to check the chamber.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Moped said:

My understanding is that they were filming a shot where he pointed the gun at camera and fired a shot. I thinking close up of the pistol firing.  She and the Assistant Director or whatever the other person was, were behind the camera.  I bet round ricochetted off the camera and hit her and the parts of the camera hit him. 

A live round was probably left in the chamber after they spent the morning "plinking".  Firearms were placed in the gun cart and then everyone went to lunch.  When they came back, the assistant director, picked up the pistol and handed to Baldwin and they proceeded to shoot the scene.  Sounds like absolutely no one bothered to check the chamber.

According to the police report the bullet passed through the woman and into the man. I guess that is the fault of the armorer mostly because she is responsible for making sure she keeps her eye on the firearms at all times and she should not have let anyone to take a gun from her possession to go out and play with it and go target shooting. She told them when they said they wanted her to work the movie, she said up front she didn't know if she was ready to do that job and they hired her anyway. They said she was no where to be found when the fatal shot was fired. I would also think that the armorer had cleared the gun when she placed it on the cart before they went plinking but don't know that for sure....JMHO

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

They are all a bunch of hypocrites too. You can bet that a whole bunch of them are gun owners. And let's not forget that their security has, and always will, carry guns to protect their sorry asses.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

Here's Branca's analysis. He's saying involuntary manslaughter based on New Mexico law. I can't find anything wrong with this. Biggest point is that the four rules for firearms safety were Baldwin's responsibility by law. Long but worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVZWVDgErpE

His reasoning seems sound but I think all Baldwin will get is a slap on his pee-pee.

2 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

His reasoning seems sound but I think all Baldwin will get is a slap on his pee-pee.

I said from the beginning I thought he was at fault and should be charged with a crime. Most, if not all of the talking heads and so called experts on TV and internet news keep saying he isn't at fault but that the Armorer should be and likely will be charged.  I think the Armorer might should be fired if she wasn't in control of the guns as some have said she should be.  But then Im not sure what the standards are for that.  Could be she didn't do anything wrong.  It certainly sounds like she wasn't even in the immediate vicinity of the unattended gun cart.  At first I was suspicious that someone from the crew that walked off the set earlier had planted a live round, but now it looks like the guns were fired  for fun beforehand and someone left a round in the gun.  I cant see the Armorer being charged, but ya never know what will happen when things get political, as this surely will.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:31 AM, bersaguy said:

If he walks away without anything being charged against him it will put a black cloud over Hollywood every time they try to make a movie involving firearms people will remember this!!!......JMHO

I doubt Hollyweird gives a fat furry rat's ass about clouds, black or otherwise. Child prostitution, especially gay, runs rampant in Hollyweird & no one gives a flip. Casting couch requirements have never slowed down, no one gives a flip except for Weinstein, who got railroaded, IMO. 

There's been all sorts of actors & stunt people who've been killed while filming or rehearsing. Hollyweird hasn't changed anything, in fact they just continue to push the envelope in order to be THE cutting edge movie. There is NO reality whatsoever attached to Hollyweird. 

13 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

Does anybody know, why are movie guns that fire blanks, not made in a way to only accept blank cartridges? Why isn't there a special caliber just for blanks that all prop guns use? Or make the blanks in such a way that only they can fit in the chamber. There ought to be a law.

Short answer: $$$$$$.

The mil uses a BFA: blank firing adapter. Obviously this is for a semi & not a revolver. But a barrel could be welded-up for the last inch or two & then a small (1/8th or so) hole drilled in it in order to allow gas to escape.

Different calibers would be a nightmare as blanks use standard cases but a star crimp. 

We already have laws against criminal negligence. How well did that work for you?   🤨

17 minutes ago, Defender said:

Could be she didn't do anything wrong.  It certainly sounds like she wasn't even in the immediate vicinity of the unattended gun cart.  

Her entire purpose for being on the set was to take care of the gun(s). Nothing else. Not to stock toilet paper, not to provide security, not to taste the food. It was to KEEP THE GUN(S) SAFE!

She failed miserably. Not only did she allow them to get out of her immediate control, she failed to check them when they returned. She's either stupid or was sleeping with someone in order to get that job. Either way, she IS criminally responsible of a certain %. That's where the courts will determine what's what. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking more and more that the assistant director will be the fall guy. I've seen  numerous references that he took the gun from the cart. Yet, other than who she is and her inexperience, there hasn't been one reference saying the armorer gave him the gun or even knew he took it.  Was she even there? As I see it, Her only fault was not keeping better control over the guns. 

Last I heard, the Sheriff and DA have a press conference scheduled for tomorrow. Maybe they'll clear up this mess then. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Was she even there? As I see it, Her only fault was not keeping better control over the guns. 

What was her job description? Answer: control & preparation of the prop guns. Nothing more, certainly nothing less. She failed miserably.

If a parent has a young child with them at a store & the kid wanders outside & gets ran over by a car, who's at fault? The retail clerk? Security? The car driver? No, the parent is at fault because THAT was their JOB & they failed miserably at it. So did she.

Some have been saying the crew was plinking with real ammo in that gun. 

Perhaps the Baldwin victims were among the plinkers? They didn't deserve being shot but it would be ironic. 

Leaving a loaded gun unlocked is a crime in some States nowadays.

Another possible charge/crime against anti-gun Hollywood with a law they push on the rest of us. 

I'm guessing some cell vids exist of the plinking sessions.