Belgian Mailinois Owners

E4 No More

5 hours ago, A516 said:

It seems all you care about is what you can breed for puppies and sell them.  You talk about breeding two different dogs for puppies.  Puppy mills come in all sizes.

I had to re-read the post but he doesn't say anything about breeding. He asked about a breed of dog. 🤷‍♂️

On 10/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, peejman said:

A friend trains them for various things.... http://fdk9tn.com/

I have one of Adams Mals. Awesome dog. Can't say enough how impressive a specimen he is. I can say some bad things after almost 3 years, too. They are not for everyone. They are incredibly high energy, slightly neurotic, but not bad, just 'driven'. Ours gets about 2 hours a day ball/stick time.

He is also a family pet. I have 3 kids, and feel completely safe knowing Danté is at the house with them. He is not safe to leave un-attended around strangers kids (aka very tight leash control when we're at the rec-league ball games), but he does listen well and is safe in public... just little kids that are grabby and noisy piss him off (he's asserting his dominance). 

He roams the property unattended for the most part, I whistle, comes running. Doesn't bother the chickens at all, but will tear off after a rabbit or squirrel... unless I call him back. Will often alert, and wait for me to say 'go'... I didn't teach him that. Ditto the deer. Its funny, I'll see his ears go up, hear a snort from the treeline, and off he goes, crashing through the woods after them. 🤣

I would absolutely get another one, but they aren't the right dog for everyone. We do not crate ours.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:50 PM, E4 No More said:

The Zuchon and our female Rat Terrier LOVE to play ball, so I think they'd want to play with the Malinois. 

Hahahaahahaahahhahahaahahhahaaaaaa.... ahhhhh...

Mine is an intact male, I hear females are slightly less so, but... Mal's are alpha dogs. They won't play ball with other dogs. They will get the ball. The ball belongs to the Malinois. They will terrorize and bully the other dogs if they even think about trying to get the Mal's ball. They can have their own ball, if the Mal approves, but if it likes their ball better, it is now the Mal's new ball, and they may have the old ball; unless it likes that one better...

And to be honest, they're so fast... good luck beating the Mal to the ball!

Edited by ReeferMac
  • Like 3

Pain103,

"We have a Shih tsu that's about as dumb as can be running around the house. He's our stud that mates with our Zuchon to have Teddy Bear puppies".

"The advantage with the Cavalier King Charles is that we can breed a female with our male Shih Tsu to have Cava Tsu puppies. I haven't seen any of those for sale around here".

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
On 10/27/2021 at 4:11 PM, E4 No More said:

The advantage with the Cavalier King Charles is that we can breed a female with our male Shih Tsu to have Cava Tsu puppies. I haven't seen any of those for sale around here.

Please don't.  There are too many dogs in this world as it is that can't be taken care of.  Breeding mutts to make a few bucks is a poor choice.  You may not like to think of yourself as a puppy mill, but responsible breeders don't buy random dogs and say "I can breed this with whatever I have".  

Be more responsible than that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1
16 hours ago, Hozzie said:

Please don't.  There are too many dogs in this world as it is that can't be taken care of.  Breeding mutts to make a few bucks is a poor choice.  You may not like to think of yourself as a puppy mill, but responsible breeders don't buy random dogs and say "I can breed this with whatever I have".  

Indeed, from what I have heard, it is usually the "wildcat" backyard breeders (not professional breeders) who contribute most to the unwanted dog population.

My avatar is an owner-surrender Golden/Doberman mix who spent 6 months in jail before I found her.  My other girl was found wandering the streets of Tuscaloosa; it appeared she had been a breeder dog and probably never out of her cage, either.

17 hours ago, Hozzie said:

They aren't mutts. They are called "designer" dog breeds. My only breeding female and male create "Teddy Bear" puppies that sell up to thousands of dollars each although we charge only $1,000 each. The practice is well-established and needs no apologies from me in doing so.

• Dislike 1
25 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

They aren't mutts. They are called "designer" dog breeds. My only breeding female and male create "Teddy Bear" puppies that sell up to thousands of dollars each although we charge only $1,000 each. The practice is well-established and needs no apologies from me in doing so.

We will agree to disagree.   Call it what you want.  They are mutts.  

• Like 1