Python pricing - new info 6 Nov

bobsguns

Was in Morristown today for a client. I stopped by a pawn shop across the street from my appointment. It was more of a gun shop than pawn shop but that's not a bad thing.

He had multiple Pythons out, the cheapest was $2200, a blued model. His most expensive? $8k. Yes, that's eight thousand. Higher than a Korth & in Janz pricing territory. Several other Pythons were in between those two, $5k, etc. 

I kept my opinions to myself as it was his shop, his rules, etc. But he's not going to be selling any of those any time soon, IMO. 

Edited by bobsguns
  • Wow 1
18 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Was in Morristown today for a client. I stopped by a pawn shop across the street from my appointment. It was more of a gun shop than pawn shop but that's not a bad thing.

He had multiple Pythons out, the cheapest was $2200, a blued model. His most expensive? $8k. Yes, that's eight thousand. Higher than a Korth & in Janz pricing territory. Several other Pythons were in between those two, $5k, etc. 

I kept my opinions to myself as it was his shop, his rules, etc. But he's not going to be selling any of those any time soon, IMO. 

I assume these were all "original" model Pythons and not the new series, correct??

1 hour ago, Choatecav said:

I assume these were all "original" model Pythons and not the new series, correct??

Oh, goodness yes.

I didn't fingerbang the $8k gun but under the glass it may have been one of the Royal Blue finishes. 6" bbl, original box, all that stuff. I think he said it was also unfired, hence the $8k price.

On 10/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, bobsguns said:

Thats most likely Select Pawn off Morris Blvd. He has an extensive collection he rotates in those display cases. And as hard as it may be to believe $8000 is not even near the top for a snake gun these days. 

1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

Thats most likely Select Pawn off Morris Blvd. He has an extensive collection he rotates in those display cases. And as hard as it may be to believe $8000 is not even near the top for a snake gun these days. 

Yeah, I think that's who it was. Nice guy but a bit too high on his prices, IMO. 

On 10/27/2021 at 6:56 PM, Grayfox54 said:

In my experience I've found that Colt collectors aren't hurting for money and are more than willing to spend it on what they want. 

I'm not willing to pay those prices for a pistol that would never leave the safe.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

When at the last gun show in Knoxville they were on tables from 2 -to  4 thousand with box and papers   they were nice  

Personally, for that kind of scratch, *I* would prefer a custom 1911 of some sort. $4k would score a NIB SA Professional or a serious Ted Yost or some other top tier 1911, IMO. 

• Like 1

This 1911 is available for a mere $4,999. Plus tax & TICS, of course. 😆

I've actually held this exact gun. The pic doesn't do it justice, IMO. It's just a beautiful specimen of a Colt 1911. I'd rather spend the $4,999 on this over a Python, IMO. 

Colt 1911.jpg

• Like 1
13 hours ago, bobsguns said:

This 1911 is available for a mere $4,999. Plus tax & TICS, of course. 😆

I've actually held this exact gun. The pic doesn't do it justice, IMO. It's just a beautiful specimen of a Colt 1911. I'd rather spend the $4,999 on this over a Python, IMO. 

Colt 1911.jpg

I'd rather take that money and stick in my 401K.  Stuff like this does not interest me.  They are not shooters.

34 minutes ago, Moped said:

I'd rather take that money and stick in my 401K.  Stuff like this does not interest me.  They are not shooters.

Eh, one could certainly shoot one of these if they were so inclined. I see it as buying a work of art of some sort, a painting or a piece of sculpture. Nice to look at but it doesn't serve a practical purpose in real life. 

The guys who buy these types of guns are the guys driving $100k cars, owns yachts, etc. They buy a $5k gun like we buy socks: w/o thinking about it. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

I'll see your Raven and raise you a Rohm.

I actually owned & sold a Rohm once. I got $40 for a POS .22 revolver. Sold it to the guy working the door at a Goodman show at the Nashville Fairgrounds. He knew what it was because I asked him. LOL!

Good news for those seeking a better price on a new Python.

The Gun Crew has several Pythons as well as an Anaconda for sale on GB that are blems. The Python has a "buy now" price of $1599, way less than the usual $2,000+ we usually see.

I have NOT seen the blem guns, so I can't comment on how bad or how little the blem is. Regardless, it would seem to me to be worth saving $400-500 on a gun though, IMO. 

Here's an example of one.  Python blem

I buy a lot of my guns used in order to save a chunk of $$, so a blem wouldn't phase me in the least as long as it was fairly small. Thought this might help someone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1