Didnt see this coming!!

Dustbuster

So I sashay on down to my local FFL, to pick something up. of course we don’t do paper anymore we do it on a laptop. All is going well until I found this question, that used to have two answers. Well, they added a third, and it doesn’t say anything about Franklin arsenal, or armory!! I didn’t want to offend anyone so thinking it wasn’t political, it’s firearms related, I’ll just leave it right here for y’all to enjoy, and, to give everyone time to pause and reflect and think about how they would answer this three choice question!! <efg>BE8453AD-1AF3-4E13-8BBE-AA824EE3FEB6.thumb.jpeg.ea054af1e448fb7362daa8265f534abc.jpeg

Edited by Dustbuster
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

What's the problem? 

Pick the correct answer for yourself and let others do likewise.

But do tell us about the sachet you carried down there 😉 

Well, one if the three should technically be prohibitive as it is functionally equivalent to answering yes to question 11f regarding being adjudicated as mentally defective. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 4
Just now, Chucktshoes said:

Well, one if the three should technically be prohibitive as it is functionally equivalent to answering yes to question 11f regarding being adjudicated as mentally defective. 

The "pursuit of happiness" is a right in the the US unless it infringes upon others. Perhaps if we were in China or Afghanistan you'd have a point.

• Like 1

I have zero problem with folks identifying their gender however they see fit, feel or self identify. I don't care where you put whatever part of you, in whomsoever you choose to put it, as long as they're on board. 

However..... folks have totally forgotten that gender & sex are completely different things. Your sex is decided by your chromosome makeup. Your gender is decided by what's going on in your noggin. Even if you're post-op transgender (you'll notice the term is now Transgender as opposed to Transsexual....) & are 100% physically a woman, you've completely changed your gender, yet retained your genetic sex. 

The form question is disingenuous. If you answer 'C' you may not be actually lying, just confusing sex with gender, as 99% of folk do these days; but it would be incorrect for literally everyone. 

Edited by Handsome Rob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

Also, not to be a dick..... but it's 'sashay' unless you actually showed up, dressed like a sugar packet. I mean, it's Halloween so no judgement here. 

😁

Leave us alone, English is our second language! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
32 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

The "pursuit of happiness" is a right in the the US unless it infringes upon others. Perhaps if we were in China or Afghanistan you'd have a point.

When this “pursuit of happiness” involves mentally ill men wanting to play sports against and share locker rooms with girls, it infringes upon others.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

What the hell is next? My grandfathers are spinning in their graves. I heard that calling ET an alien is now inappropriate. We keep this up and the Boy Scouts will be able to overthrow this place. If they bring the female Boy Scouts that is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Admin Team
17 minutes ago, derf said:

We keep this up and the Boy Scouts will be able to overthrow this place. If they bring the female Boy Scouts that is. 

I took a group of Scouts camping last weekend - male and female alike.  Scouting went coed a few years ago.  It’s great.

We were one of two countries that didn’t combine the sexes in scouting - Saudi Arabia being the other.

Do I have some concerns about the increasingly rare spaces where “boys can just be boys?” Sure, I guess.  That said, the organization formally known as Boy Scouts of America is going through bankruptcy right now because of some of the abuse that came along with that space.  We all take child protection seriously these days - and by adding female scouts we have to be even more specific.  So I’m all for it.

Will they go through some growing pains? Almost certainly.

For what it’s worth - no one made them do it.  It was pure consumer demand.  Too many girls were of the impression that Girl Scouts had basically turned into an MLM for selling cookies and they just wanted to go camping. 

The scouts themselves don’t care in the slightest - and I’ve talked to them a lot about it.

It’s actually quite interesting to me that even at the youngest ages - the girls that show up as natural leaders.  

• Like 8
38 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

It’s actually quite interesting to me that even at the youngest ages - the girls that show up as natural leaders.  

Not surprising really.  When a girl of any age makes her mind up that is what’s going to be done.  Follow or get out of the way. 😀

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, derf said:

They are all natural leader. If they weren’t, we would still be living in caves trying to discover fire. Just curious, for boys the world is our urinal. How’s that work out? 

They go in the woods just like the boys.  They might ask for a bit more privacy but they ain’t pampered. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

I have zero problem with folks identifying their gender however they see fit, feel or self identify. I don't care where you put whatever part of you, in whomsoever you choose to put it, as long as they're on board. 

However..... folks have totally forgotten that gender & sex are completely different things. Your sex is decided by your chromosome makeup. Your gender is decided by what's going on in your noggin. Even if you're post-op transgender (you'll notice the term is now Transgender as opposed to Transsexual....) & are 100% physically a woman, you've completely changed your gender, yet retained your genetic sex. 

The form question is disingenuous. If you answer 'C' you may not be actually lying, just confusing sex with gender, as 99% of folk do these days; but it would be incorrect for literally everyone. 

Please show us how gender and sex differ.