Coved Booster

pop pop

I put on a mask whenever possible; I have found it improves my appearance 馃檪

I'm not in the high risk group but plan on a booster in the next month or so.

I carry a gun to protect myself and others.聽 Similarly, I get vaccinated to protect myself and wear a mask to protect others.

• Like 4

Got my 2nd shot in Mar and my booster in August.聽 The wife's getting hers next week.聽 Same about masks.聽 I've tried to wear them and just have a hard time making myself.聽 Guess it don't help me when I know that the masks wont stop much if any of Covid from getting thru.聽 I wear it when Im in a place that says to.

• Like 2

Like I said in another thread, a biophysicist who specializes in viruses told me that trying to stop viruses with a mask is like trying to stop mosquitoes with a chain link fence.聽 聽

He also said that a mask that would be effective against something as tiny as a virus would suffocate you.

Makes sense to me, but we do what we gotta do.....mostly.

• Like 2

Fully vaccinated (58), but on the fence with the booster.聽 I'm beginning to see this as a big money grab, by Phizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson.聽 I understand that the CDC is looking at authorizing a second booster for those that are immune compromised. I've seen no other country looking at a second booster, but us.

The thing that will probably push me to get the booster is my mom (79) has pancreatic cancer.聽 She has surgery on the 8th.聽 Then will undergo 6 more months of chemo.聽 Her immune system will be shot. So in order to be around her, I will probably get the booster.

• Like 3

Wife and I are 73 and got our boosters 10 days ago. She wears her mask when ever she goes in anywhere. I put it on if required or the majority of those in the building have a mask. I don't think masks do much to protect me or anyone else, she things it does. I don't want to rock the boat or start a fight over a mask.

• Like 3

I read an article this morning that says that Ireland is among the nations with the highest vaccination rate AND the highest hospitalization rate. I got both shots, and am considering the booster, but I'm also convinced that there's something more to this that we're not being told, and it ticks me off.

• Like 1

I am 73, immune compromised,聽 have agent orange poisoning from year in Nam(Danang), heart disease (bypass), and diabetes,聽 and may I say聽 am truly lucky to be alive. I took the booster and will take a flue shot next month. Don't have a problem with it nor the ones who don't want to take shots. After all this is America. Kinda like religion, I got that too, but that is one's choice also. For me, Jesus the Christ takes good care of my dying part for me. I have a blessed life. Hope you guys feel the same way too. IMHO, religion is the most important part of my life. YMMV!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Both of us had the 2 shots in April, so by year end we will probably get the booster.聽 Main reason I will is mom is 96, and wife has COPD.聽 I'm not in the best, but certainly not the worst health as compared to others.聽 I keep my distance from people I don't聽 know where possible but usually don't wear a mask unless I have to.

聽 To each their own,聽 do what you feel is right for you.

Spending 36 years with the Army, I'm a vaccination kind of guy. I took a flu shot every year since age 19, I'm 66 now. The last time I had the flu was when I was 18, so for me, I think they work.

So it was no big deal for me to take the Covid vax, but to each their own. Some people just don't like the idea of a vax, period, That's the great thing of being an American, we have choices. Personally I'd rather take the vaccination risk than rolling the dice on how full blown Covid may or may not play out. Any doubts I had on getting the vax were erased when we lost Steel Harp. Him and I were about the same age. I wish the best to all of you for avoiding this damn virus.

• Like 1

No shot, no mask, and not folding to the mandate.聽 These decisions should be made by each individual based on their health or any other reason they see fit.聽 I do wish there was more truthful information that could be trusted so an informed decision could be made, but unfortunately every single governmental alphabet agency has lost my trust in doing even that.

• Like 3

I got the shots due to my having pneumonia 20 years ago & lost some lung capacity. I refuse to mask up as they're a complete & total waste of time & energy. They do NOTHING to prevent china flu.

I do avoid large crowds & no long shake hands with just anyone. I also wash my hands more often than I used to. So far, so good.聽

But this whole Govt mandate thing & kids now having to get shots is complete bull####, IMO.聽

Johnson & Johnson is having some serious issues with their shots as well.聽

On 10/29/2021 at 8:04 AM, Darrell said:

I read an article this morning that says that Ireland is among the nations with the highest vaccination rate AND the highest hospitalization rate. I got both shots, and am considering the booster, but I'm also convinced that there's something more to this that we're not being told, and it ticks me off.

Couldn't agree more, I read a similar article this morning myself.

RP