How do/did you make a living?

Grayfox54

We have a wide range of people on this site. Sometimes I'm surprised at the specialized knowledge that comes out in a post. So I was wondering, what do you do/did for a living? What is/was your job? 

I'm retired now, but I was a mechanic for 42 years. My specialty was trucks and equipment. I've worked on everything from weed eaters to heavy earth movers. Pick ups, tractor trailers,  fire trucks and even garbage trucks. I can cut, weld and work metal and have fabricated a number of special projects in my time. I can fix anything from the break of day to a broken heart. 😁 I spent the last 25 years of my career working for the small city I live in and finally retired from there in 2014. 

So what do you do? 

• Like 4

Dogs. 

I board & groom them. When I'm not swearing at employees.....😁

In my off time, I also process & butcher deer for folks. I'll take hogs too, both domestic & wild but I'm not a butcher or pro processor. It's just a winter side hustle.

Edited by Handsome Rob
  • Like 5

Worked in the banking industry for close to 30 yrs, did most everything except make a loan.  Got fed up with the BS in that field, and started working the hourly shift work.  Retired around 2014 or so, like retirement much better.  

• Like 4

I am retired USN. I was an Aviation Machinist Mate where I was relegated to turning wrenches on helicopters. I wanted to go fixed wing and in typical Navy fashion never got the opportunity. I retired in 05 and became a Dad in 06 and have been the house husband/stay at home Dad ever since.

Edited by buck1032
  • Like 8

Just passed 10 years in various supply chain/logistics/transportation jobs. 3 weeks ago I started a new job working for one of the nations largest truckload carriers as an account manager. It's a very interesting time to work in transportation. The back up at ports, shippers and customers is quite a mess. Trucking isn't sexy but it's fairly recession proof. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Just passed 10 years in various supply chain/logistics/transportation jobs. 3 weeks ago I started a new job working for one of the nations largest truckload carriers as an account manager. It's a very interesting time to work in transportation. The back up at ports, shippers and customers is quite a mess. Trucking isn't sexy but it's fairly recession proof. 

giphy.gif

I beg to differ 🙂

Edited to add, this is how I picture @Chucktshoes 🤣

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 years in the Army, retired then 17 as a Logistician, first running three military aviation units as their property manager (Supply guy), 1 year working for John Deere,  then back to the same contract issuing flight gear, and now managing their fuel accounts.  Come Dec 8, I guess I'll be retired again, but may just pickup a hobby job somewhere else for a company with less than 100 workers.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I bet it’s real interesting right now.