FINALLY 280 ammo

55 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Reloading is the only way to fly with these less than popular chamberings.

The 280 is a fine cartridge in my opinion.

kind of like the ole 41 Mag., which by the way was what got me into reloading.

Now I load for every CF I own. 👍

RP

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Hello, stranger! Where’ve you been hiding?

Hello, oh I've been hanging out on a couple Lever action forums. That's my true love as far as firearms go.😉

Still over here in the same ole place. Came over to check on another member.

And decided to add my two cents worth here and there.😅

How have you been?

RP

Edited by Sidinman
Just now, Sidinman said:

Hello, oh I've been hanging out on a couple Lever action forums.

Still over here in the same ole place. Came over to check on another member.

And decided to add my two cents worth here and there.😅

How have you been?

RP

I’m great. Glad to see you’re still around.

• Like 1
On 11/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, Nikiski Dave said:

I run a 280 AI. If you reload I have plenty of 140-150gr bullets. I stick with the 160 and up.

I was looking for a 7-08 or 270 as a spare, friend offered a excellent deal on a  280AI. It's really growing on me but I am very glad that I reload, as I wouldn't want to be buying factory loads for this one. 

I am using 139/140g & H4350 for whitetail, but I might start looking at 160g if elk was on the menu. 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, stealthgoat said:

I was looking for a 7-08 or 270 as a spare, friend offered a excellent deal on a  280AI. It's really growing on me but I am very glad that I reload, as I wouldn't want to be buying factory loads for this one. 

I am using 139/140g & H4350 for whitetail, but I might start looking at 160g if elk was on the menu. 

Working on a 160gr Accubond load right now for elk. If it doesnt work will fall back on the 160 Partitions.

I think reloading is a alternative to being jerked around by local dealers and online profiteers. Not needing much ammo reloading is not practical?  The non-reloaders does not comprehend buying reloading dies for a new round coming out of the gate. For me,  I'd get dies for a new caliber if I shot twenty rounds a year. Depending on Midway for anything puts me at serious risk.  I can get rifle reloading dies for less than the price of one box of factory ammo most places. How about a 130gr, Hornady bullet?

Edited by Mowgli Terry
On 11/8/2021 at 7:26 AM, Nikiski Dave said:

Working on a 160gr Accubond load right now for elk. If it doesnt work will fall back on the 160 Partitions.

Elk is a "bucket list" item for me. 

Let us know details if you go, always like to hear about elk

Edited by stealthgoat
typo
  • Like 1