FED EX RANT!

Grayfox54

Ok, so I thought I was being smart and went ahead and ordered 3 15 round SA-35 magazines from Springfield Armory. I figured that once the guns get into circulation extra mags might get a bit tight for a while. I know that Mec-Gar is showing them out of stock as well as several other on-line dealers. Beside, I can use them in my other Hi-Powers until I can find a SA-35.聽馃槈

I ordered on Friday Oct. 29. SA got them shipped that same evening. They arrived at the Fed Ex distribution center in Olive Branch, MS at around midnight on Saturday Oct 30. Scheduled delivery for Monday Nov.1. BTW: Olive Branch is right across the state line from Memphis and this distribution center is the main hub for Fed EX ground deliveries everywhere in the Memphis area.聽

Monday comes and no package. I check tracking again and now it says "Scheduled Delivery: Pending".聽 Ok, I'm generally a pretty patient guy, so I give it a couple more days. No package and no change in the status. Wednesday, I decided I might aughta check on this and decided to get in touch with Fed EX. I call the customer service number and get a computer. I input all the info asked for and simply get that it is in the system with delivery pending. Hell! I knew that already.聽馃檮聽Ok, time to speak to a real person. Guess what? The is no phone number for Fed Ex that lets you directly contact a human being. There is no national number, no number for the Olive Branch center or for that matter, not even a number for the local stores.聽馃

Ok, so there's a Fed Ex store less than a mile from my house. I knew they probably couldn't do anything, but I hoped they could at least give me a number to call and speak to a human being. So I went there. Nope, all they have is the regular customer service number. But I did find out that if you want to speak to a person what you have to do is call the number, when the computer answers just keep repeating "representative" over and over until it finally connects you to an actual person.聽

So I go back home and make the call. I say聽representative,聽representative,聽representative over and over and finally! A real human being answers!聽 I get the expected BS. Over whelmed, short handed, yadda, yadda, yadda. I ask when can I expect my package? Well it turns out that SA shipped by Fed Ex Ground Economy class. I don't fault SA, they're just trying to watch their budget and I did get free shipping on my order. But it turns out that that class of shipping has no guaranteed聽 delivery date. Simply put, it gets delivered when Fed Ex gets around to it.聽馃檨

Welp, they've had it 6 days now and ain't got around to it yet. And it looks like all I can do is wait until they do.聽馃が

Judging by the problems affecting the transportation industry now,I don't see how they could make guarantees.聽 I suppose someone working in the industry, like Chucktshoes,聽 could put it in better perspective than me.

I do know from personal experience,聽 anything that goes into Memphis has a struggle to make it out on time, if at all. Including FEDEX, UPS ,USPS.

24 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Judging by the problems affecting the transportation industry now,I don't see how they could make guarantees.聽 I suppose someone working in the industry, like Chucktshoes,聽 could put it in better perspective than me.

I do know from personal experience,聽 anything that goes into Memphis has a struggle to make it out on time, if at all. Including FEDEX, UPS ,USPS.

Common denominator -memphis.聽 I've had problem with fedex, ups and usps聽 which have increased during the last few years.

20 minutes ago, -boatman- said:

Since you are nearby how about going down there and picking it up,

I would, but I can't get a hold of anybody at the hub to ask. No phone number.聽 For all I know it could still be buried in a trailer that hasn't been unloaded yet.聽聽

I guess for now all I can do is wait.聽

1 hour ago, Grunt67 said:

I was born and raised in Memphis. 聽I love Memphis. 聽I would never live there again but go back as much as I can.

That being said, Memphis is a special kind of ####ed up. 聽People do things their own way, if they do it at all, and it can be beyond aggravating.

Hard to to believe anyone in that region expects timely service or that FedEx or the USPS gets anything through there with any quickness. 聽

The current situation has only exacerbated that about 18 times.

Edited by Garufa
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I would, but I can't get a hold of anybody at the hub to ask. No phone number.聽 For all I know it could still be buried in a trailer that hasn't been unloaded yet.聽聽

I guess for now all I can do is wait.聽

Right. 聽Odds are that if it hasn't been put on a truck for delivery yet, nobody there can run in the back and put their hands on it. 聽

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Grunt67 said:

Key word....Memphis.

This.

This hub is the #1 rated hub for ANY carrier for theft issues. USPS, UPS, DHL, doesn't matter. FedEx Memphis is #1 in thefts. Not saying your package is stolen by any means. Just the level of quality of their hired help.聽

聽Gave them 32 years of my life. My job was posted before my office was empty. Federal Express was a wonderful place to work. When we split up all the divisions and became FedEx it went to hell. I send everything USPS. I鈥檓 never disappointed, they always loose it or it鈥檚 delayed. Just as I expected.聽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't even get me started on the USPS and that chit hole Memphis.

Had a package earlier this year stuck down there for 2 1/2 mons before it finally got here.

Then this Summer I ordered a gong, and it was hung up down there over a week.

I've had way better luck with UPS than any of them in the past year or so.

Garufa, my wife was born and raised there also, but neither of us care about going back.

She flies out of there once or twice a year, and is the only reason I go there and I hate every damn minute I'm there.

RP

Edited by Sidinman

I don't know how the large-volume shippers get charged, but when the shipping is free or carrier unspecified it seems recently our packages have been delivered via FedEx. I guess it must be less expensive(?). Their delivery times have been all over the place for the past year or so. We don't receive a lot of packages, but all of the significant delays have been with FedEx.

Recent example: my wife recently ordered something that was being shipped via FedEx ground from New Jersey. The package found its way to Knoxville a couple of days after being shipped. Then a couple of days later is was in Southaven, MS. Figured the logistic geniuses must have a reason for probably driving through Nashville to take it to the Memphis area. Then no updates for a few days. A week or so later it pops up in Salt Lake City(?). After about 3 weeks the package is delivered.聽

UPS and the Post Office have been very good for us. Generally a little slower than pre-COVID, but dependable.

18 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Ok, so I thought I was being smart and went ahead and ordered 3 15 round SA-35 magazines from Springfield Armory. I figured that once the guns get into circulation extra mags might get a bit tight for a while. I know that Mec-Gar is showing them out of stock as well as several other on-line dealers. Beside, I can use them in my other Hi-Powers until I can find a SA-35.聽馃槈

I ordered on Friday Oct. 29. SA got them shipped that same evening. They arrived at the Fed Ex distribution center in Olive Branch, MS at around midnight on Saturday Oct 30. Scheduled delivery for Monday Nov.1. BTW: Olive Branch is right across the state line from Memphis and this distribution center is the main hub for Fed EX ground deliveries everywhere in the Memphis area.聽

Monday comes and no package. I check tracking again and now it says "Scheduled Delivery: Pending".聽 Ok, I'm generally a pretty patient guy, so I give it a couple more days. No package and no change in the status. Wednesday, I decided I might aughta check on this and decided to get in touch with Fed EX. I call the customer service number and get a computer. I input all the info asked for and simply get that it is in the system with delivery pending. Hell! I knew that already.聽馃檮聽Ok, time to speak to a real person. Guess what? The is no phone number for Fed Ex that lets you directly contact a human being. There is no national number, no number for the Olive Branch center or for that matter, not even a number for the local stores.聽馃

Ok, so there's a Fed Ex store less than a mile from my house. I knew they probably couldn't do anything, but I hoped they could at least give me a number to call and speak to a human being. So I went there. Nope, all they have is the regular customer service number. But I did find out that if you want to speak to a person what you have to do is call the number, when the computer answers just keep repeating "representative" over and over until it finally connects you to an actual person.聽

So I go back home and make the call. I say聽representative,聽representative,聽representative over and over and finally! A real human being answers!聽 I get the expected BS. Over whelmed, short handed, yadda, yadda, yadda. I ask when can I expect my package? Well it turns out that SA shipped by Fed Ex Ground Economy class. I don't fault SA, they're just trying to watch their budget and I did get free shipping on my order. But it turns out that that class of shipping has no guaranteed聽 delivery date. Simply put, it gets delivered when Fed Ex gets around to it.聽馃檨

Welp, they've had it 6 days now and ain't got around to it yet. And it looks like all I can do is wait until they do.聽馃が

I live about ten minutes from the Olive Branch location. They鈥檝e been trash since the pandemic. They鈥檝e lost several of my packages and others have sat in limbo for a week or more.

UPS is no better. Lost or opened packages. I just had a claim approved by UPS for a Surefire flash hider that disappeared once it reached the UPS Memphis hub. The postal service is just slow.

鈥業鈥檓 waiting on my replacement flash hider from Larue and some switches from Amazon, then I鈥檓 done with packages until January. It鈥檚 not worth the hassle.聽

17 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Fedex and UPS suspended guaranteed service refunds back in 2020 and reinstated them on the premium stuff a couple months ago. 聽Will Fedex make the final delivery or is it the flavor that ends up at the post office?

It鈥檚 probably USPS Surepost. If that鈥檚 the case, it鈥檚 just sitting until they have to move it.聽

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Last time I got a Fed Ex package, it was delivered by a sure enough stoner in a U Haul truck. I鈥檓 not complaining, because I got my package, but I was damned surprised he was able to find our place.

Should have bought a lottery ticket,聽 LOL

Update: Had a conversation with a very nice lady at Springfield Armory yesterday. They are shipping my order again at no charge. Got e-mail today with new tracking number and expected delivery on Friday.聽馃憤

I've said it before, Springfield Armory has the best customer service in the business.聽馃槂

Now if Fed Ex can manage not to lose this one.聽馃檮

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Update: Had a conversation with a very nice lady at Springfield Armory yesterday. They are shipping my order again at no charge. Got e-mail today with new tracking number and expected delivery on Friday.聽馃憤

I've said it before, Springfield Armory has the best customer service in the business.聽馃槂

Now if Fed Ex can manage not to lose this one.聽馃檮

Good for you! I received notification that Larue shipped me a new item today after having the claim approved by UPS. 聽

• Like 1