Anyone into felt hats?

Curious if any of you folks regularly wear felt hats. 

This year I’ve been wearing a wool felt hat my wife bought me and decided to upgrade to a nicer fur felt hat. I’m not a fan of western hats but did want something more substantial feeling that’s the crushable wool. I looked and looked at Stetsons but couldn’t find anything that fit the bill without looking to new age. 

I ended up ordering an Akubra Cattleman from Australia and hope to have it in a week or two.

Show off your hats if you have them!

Just now, DJTC45 said:

I wear a 30X STETSON Beaver Felt Hat. Keeps the rain and snow off my head and provides pretty decent warmth.

Ive wanted to feel a higher grade of Beaver felt but never tried one on because I knew I wouldn’t spend for it. The Akubra I ordered is made from rabbit felt so I’m anxious to see how it feels. 

On 11/6/2021 at 8:48 PM, Luckyforward said:

My Stetson Gun Club gray felt.

CC.jpg

Nice looking hat. When I lived in Kansas City, Missouri I went to the Stetson factory in St. Joseph. I tried on all sorts of hats, and the one that looked the best on me was almost a 10 gallon hat - probably because I'm a big dude. I couldn't bring myself to buying it because it was so big and I wasn't planning on becoming the new "Hoss" around Kansas City. 🙂

On 11/7/2021 at 10:22 AM, xsubsailor said:

One of the best hat makers in the country is up the road in Covington, Tn. The shop is only open to customers on the weekends. The rest of their time is spent making hats. They are definitely not cheap but they make something for everyone.

https://www.buckaroohatters.com/

I had this one made on a whim. Out of one of my favorite movies.

IMG-20170624-143950-Copy-Copy.jpg

I have a fedora from Buckaroo and intend to get a cowboy cut next time I have some money.  I recommend EVERYONE interested in a hat visit the shop.  

On 11/7/2021 at 3:43 PM, peejman said:

I was looking for something like a felt hat but ended up with a cotton version.  I call it my dorky old man hat, but I like it.  The lack of vents make it too hot for summer but it's great this time of year. 

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/redhead-tarp-cloth-hat-for-men

I keep one similar to that in the car for emergencies.  I used to have a higher quality cowboy style hat, pretty sure it was a Stetson, but lost it somewhere...Right now I wear a ball cap that a friend gave to me.  It has my military veteran embroidery on it a few military pins.  I DO love a fedora though and want one.  Always liked them, but more so since I first saw the Indiana Jones Movies, LOL.

Edited by Defender
14 minutes ago, res308 said:

I’m still trying to figure out which version of a fedora would look right on my ugly head. But, I do want a good felt version, hopefully soon. 

I really like the look of the Stetson Stratoliner Ultralight. Good shape but not made of dress felt. Has a more casual look to me.