Muzzleloader Pistol Kill

The last 2 years during hunting season I've passed up a lot of nice young bucks looking for a really big mature one. But after being told I have stage 3 kidney disease I decided to enjoy this years deer season. I told myself I was going to just go hunt and enjoy life and not worry about anything while in the woods. So today I did just that and harvested this beautiful wide 6 pointer with my CVA Muzzleloader pistol. Hunting isn't always about who can kill the biggest deer. Enjoy the hunt because you never know what life can deal you. P.S the bibs are from my fatter days 馃槅.聽

IMG_20211107_130402_374.jpg

IMG_20211107_130220_439.jpg

• Like 9

Looks great. I would be thrilled with that size deer. Hunting on WMA land does not afford me many opportunities at good sized deer, but for the most part, they all eat the same. I like that your pup is photobombing you too.聽

Sorry to hear about the illness. We all need to remember to lighten up and just try to enjoy life.聽

• Like 2

Hate to hear of your illness, hope it works out for you.

Nice deer, should be good eating.聽 I have always said "I don't hunt for horns", which usually has me bringing does in.聽 I will take a decent buck, no doubt, but I don't count points until he is down.

• Like 2

Nice deer, and I hope the kidney disease is under control. Personally, I prefer to take a doe over a buck every time. The meat's better, in my opinion.聽 I'm originally a west-coaster, and I still have to chuckle at calling a three-pointer a six-point!聽馃槤

• Like 2