44 mag lever for 357 lever

loadedp3at

Even back when Armslist was useful, I found the classifieds here to be better.  Members here are more responsive to posts and messages, and you can select deals that are within driving distance.  Armslist used to be full of ads from sellers who'd respond in a week or so and say "Sorry, I forgot this ad was on here" or "I sold this last week and forgot to take down the ad."  Traffic to TGO is more consistent and, well, there just tends to be a higher class of people here.  Plus the moderators here will thump the occasional moron who shows up. 🙂

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very few things that come from the secondary market that I didn't buy here. A few referrals from people or a lead I'd hear of, even an offer from friends and family. Bought several(maybe more than several...lol) while I was a route salesman.

After a couple of Armslist and the other one (name escapes me now) that was available; I have pretty much made it a rule to only buy from TGO...for all the reasons already listed above.

Better people. Safer. Like minded people. Go on and on, but just like dealing within a community that I get a good feeling from.

Only had one actual BAD buy/experience here and that was very early on. Have had several "no-shows" and a few that were obviously just trolling for one reason or another, but we can usually spot them.

Did have one seller that ran me around for a couple of weeks and he was a real pain in the ass. But that is rare.

AND those that I suspect were an "entrapment" sort.  Out of state, underage, "might not pass a background check. Just to see if I would not follow the legalaties of selling face to face sans FFl.

• Like 1

Iv bought and sold on the free local Gun Owners with no issues. Just bought a Ruger LCP II that looked like it maybe had a couple mags threw it last month from a FTF retired cop.  HUGE traffic on it. Most want trades. Your Marlin 44 is worth quite alot these days.  I cant get the page to stay on here as a link so you just put in gun owners club dot com and it will pull up your local listings. Great free service.

Edited by xtriggerman
  • Love 1
  • 5 weeks later...