Muzzleloader Season 2021

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Show us what you've bagged!

So far, this is all I got. Weather lady said it wouldn't be windy today...she's a liar.😁

IMG_0014.jpg

Awesome. I’m empty handed so far but checking out new public places and learning them as I go. I can’t wait to see a coyote be-bop towards me. I’m definitely one the guys who turns any season into coyote season when they show up! Good luck deer hunting this year also. 

• Like 2

I'm the same way when I coyote comes through. I shot one 2 years ago during turkey season. He ran off 2 toms that were about 60 yards out and coming in. To bad I used a $2.00 shell  though. 😢 I keep saying I'm gonna try calling coyotes again sometime.

Edited by Quavodus
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

I'm the same way when I coyote comes through. I shot one 2 years ago during turkey season. He ran off 2 toms that were about 60 yards out and coming in. To bad I used a $2.00 shell  though. 😢 I keep saying I'm gonna try calling coyotes again sometime.

I’ve never been able to call one. They sure can’t resist seeing me sitting in a deer stand, however.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Quavodus said:

Supposed to be colder Tomorrow morning. 50 high and 30 low. and partly cloudy. I've still not seen any rut signs yet. No chasing, trailing, even got pics on trail cam a couple days ago with 2 bucks still running together.

I’d LOVE to be in the woods tomorrow. I’m off all this coming week to hunt but have to work tomorrow. Shouldn’t complain with the rest of the week to hunt but I think tomorrow’s gonna be the best day temp wise for the week. But I’d say rut action should pick up as the week goes on so I’m still happy to be able to get out. 

• Like 1

Passed on a decent size 8 pointer yesterday. I’m heading out again tomorrow to another spot close to where I was yesterday. Trying to learn more of this public land around here so I’ve got more options for hunting. Going to be warm (compared to yesterday) but I’m gonna head deeper in the woods mid morning and stay out of the sun. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Henry347 said:

Filled my doe tags already for Muzzloader but no buck down on the ground yet. I've let two spikes, four point, and a six point walk. Did shoot this big yote while squirrel hunting the other day. Had to let the ole Savage .22lr eat. FB_IMG_1637171180449.jpg.a2f6af108a6347600c4925acdd941cf0.jpg

I’m a fan of Honda 4 wheelers, Savage rifles, and dead coyotes. Good job, sir!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Missed a yote Saturday morning. He got under the hill and all i had to shoot at was his head, while he was walking. Yeah, I know a careless shot. But, it was a dang yote, so.

I always think “Do I really want to clean this muzzleloader when I get home?”. Yep. I’m that lazy.😊

• Like 3