Rittenhouse verdict

bobsguns

Place your bets on what you think the jury will come back with, not what they should come back with.

If it's not a hung jury, I think they'll hang some sort of "reckless endangerment" conviction on him. The news showed agitators using electronic bull horns just outside the jury deliberation room (street level) with their pathetic racist chants. Also possible conviction of some type of manslaughter. 

With all the media spotlight on businesses closed down and boarded up awaiting a verdict, 500+ NG on standby, protestors running their yap 24/7, I see him getting charged with whatever they think will keep the mob from igniting Kenosha once more.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
22 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

A coworker said that 2 people were holding everything up because they are afraid of what the public will do. I'm trying to find out if this is true. I have a hard time believing that would get out, but don't doubt it's on their mind. 

This is the report supposedly sourced to a US Marshal there. I don’t know if it is accurate, or how the marshal learned it, but that is the reporting. 

2 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Whatever is going on with a jury should NOT be getting outside, other than a question to the judge.

No, it shouldn't. But that's not today's reality. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see video from the jury room. I wonder how many of those jurors are all ready lining up talk show gigs? Movie rights? Book deals? 

Every circus needs its clowns. 🙄

Edited by Grayfox54
48 minutes ago, A.J. Holst said:

Tucker Carlson inferred this is another move by the left to dissuade folks from defending themselves against the  BLM / antifa mob.

If found guilty, the definition of self defense is not what I think it is.

Tucker Carlson is a lying asshat and just as bad as the talking heads at CNN.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

In my view, the best of all possible worlds is a hung jury..

I could also go for the trial judge calling a mistrial. 

There is no way this kid is guilty of anything other than bad judgement and misdemeanor discharge of a firearm...

His life is already ruined. That said; I think he did make the world a better place.  He did, in fact, do Kenosha and humanity a favor by takin out the trash; but he has paid a heavy price for it.  

leroy.  

leroy.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

I've never tuned in to a single second of TC but to be clear you're saying thats NOT whats happening in this case, right ?

No I should have clarified. My comment is just in general, not specific to that claim. We're definitely witnessing an ever evolving culture war from both sides. Some of the issues are real and others are just cool talking points to fire up their viewers. I'm just tired of people using TC as a credible source on anything. I've mentioned it a few times now but I'll drop the link again. Rachel Maddow did the same thing. That should tell people how similar these two actually are.

"Vyskocil’s decision has become what is now called “the Tucker Carlson defense”. The lies that Tucker Carlson asserts on his Fox News show are not slanderous because any “reasonable” person would know that he lies. He is protected under his First Amendment free speech rights."

https://www.courierherald.com/opinion/the-tucker-carlson-defense/

Bonus points here. 

One recent example to show its spread is exemplified by Sidney Powell, the right-wing attorney, who once represented Donald Trump in claiming that the 2020 election was stolen by the Democrats through fraud. She is using the Tucker Carlson defense in her own $1.3 billion lawsuit brought against her by the Dominion Voting System because, “reasonable people would not accept such statements as true.”

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

Tucker Carlson inferred this is another move by the left to dissuade folks from defending themselves against the  BLM / antifa mob.

If found guilty, the definition of self defense is not what I think it is.

DING...DING.. DING ...

What Mista A J. said...!

Check this out:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/on-the-larger-goals-of-the-left-in-bringing-rittenhouse-to-trial/

leroy.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

A coworker said that 2 people were holding everything up because they are afraid of what the public will do.

If this is true, the very fact that jurors may be considering how they will vote based on possible public reaction to the verdict rather than solely on the evidence presented tells you a lot about the current state of our judicial system.  

• Like 2

The original question was “What you think the jury will come back with. “ what’s you opinion on what you have personally seen during testimony given during the trial. Not what any talking heads have told you to believe. I personally believe you should place the opinions of the media both left and right and balance it it both hands. At the end of the day you will be standing with two hands full of BS. 

I believe, from watching the testimony, that there will be a full acquittal. Either way, the first beer is on me. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, derf said:

The original question was “What you think the jury will come back with. “ what’s you opinion on what you have personally seen during testimony given during the trial. Not what any talking heads have told you to believe. I personally believe you should place the opinions of the media both left and right and balance it it both hands. At the end of the day you will be standing with two hands full of BS. 

I believe, from watching the testimony, that there will be a full acquittal. Either way, the first beer is on me. 

I already put in my prediction, but have to add, while the talking heads on any of the MSM sites are questionable, other sites have current lawyers with very interesting positions, mostly leaning towards an acquittal not only on the facts, but on prosecutorial misconduct.  The low quality drone footage, which IMO was handed off late anyway, and now the fact that the identity of "Jump Kick Man" was known to the prosecutors, and of course the few things the judge himself admonished them for such as the right to remain silent, and excluded evidence. 

I haven’t seen the trial. but I’m fairly certain how I’d vote were I on the jury. I wouldn’t hazard a guess as to what these folks will elect to do. I fear they will convict him simply to try and avoid further riots. I sure hope that is wrong and that justice will prevail, whatever that may be.