Rittenhouse verdict

bobsguns

6 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Folks are going on and on about Rittenhouse suing the media and such, or wanting him to talk to this person or go on that person’s podcast and I’m scared for the kid. His case was super important for all of us with regards to the subject of self defense and I am ecstatic that he won. But, my cause is mine. It was HIS LIFE and I just want that kid to disappear and go have a shot at a normal life. I’m afraid that he’s gonna get shoved into #### and turned into another Zimmerman. If that happens, the the ####bags who tried to destroy his life still win, but it’ll be folks on “our” side who give it to them.

FIRST thing that came to my mind too. And he was ruined long before the MSM was at beast mode like they are now. 

• Moderators

@DanielThe major news outlets have definitely been portraying a one sided and inaccurate narrative as to the facts of the case. That said, I do think that the fact that you are familiar with firearms and self defense concepts and laws allowed you to see the obvious in that he was legally justified in his actions.

So while you may be able to see the facts, someone else of a particular worldview and without that same foundational grounding may only see the emotional narrative. Then maybe the folks here will only the misinformation and miss the fact based reports because of that. The exact same bull#### can dazzle different folks in different ways. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Chucktshoes said:

@DanielThe major news outlets have definitely been portraying a one sided and inaccurate narrative as to the facts of the case. That said, I do think that the fact that you are familiar with firearms and self defense concepts and laws allowed you to see the obvious in that he was legally justified in his actions.

So while you may be able to see the facts, someone else of a particular worldview and without that same foundational grounding may only see the emotional narrative. Then maybe the folks here will only the misinformation and miss the fact based reports because of that. The exact same bull#### can dazzle different folks in different ways. 

I'm of the same mind as the others, he needs to sue the hell out of the MSM for not only the blatant lies, but for the slander that is still going on even after the verdict.  As news organizations it is their duty to find out the facts before they broadcast their stories.  But instead of retractions, they are doubling down with the white supremacist bs, and some even throwing Trump into it.  I wonder what happened to the phrase "allegedly" when accusing a person of a crime in a story when no conviction has happened, it seemed to have been missing quite often.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Im not anything of the sort.  

You're plenty smart. Smart enough to see the evidence was pointing to self defense. Too many people just believe what Don Lemon, or Brainless Brandon tell them to believe. You're not one of them. I didn't even think Kyle should have been charged.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Plus, they're calling the 2 killed and 1 wounded, victims, over & over.

Just another thing that’s factually incorrect. 

They were assailants. Kyle Rittenhouse was found not guilty on the grounds of self defense. That means he was defending himself from assailants and he was the victim of their violent assaults. 

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Just another thing that’s factually incorrect. 

They were assailants. Kyle Rittenhouse was found not guilty on the grounds of self defense. That means he was defending himself from assailants and he was the victim of their violent assaults. 

100%

• Like 1

Im glad for the kid and for the rule of law... I figured they thugs n MSM would intimidate the jury enough to cause a hung jury.  Im glad i wuz wrong.  I'm thankful that these folks on the jury had a backbone and did the right thing...

I would like ta see the prosecuting attorney gone after for malicious prosecution, and the MSM for defamation n slander, but i aint holdin my breath... 

Buy more ammo...

leroy....

• Like 2

The single most disturbing thing about the reaction of the liberal elite is that they seem to want to abandon our system of trial by jury. Mayor De Blasio of New York City called the verdict a miscarriage of justice. It seems that many on the left want trial by public opinion rather than a jury trial. Since the results of this trial went against their wishes, the trial was unjust. We're seeing more and more of this, with people being pilloried in the press and by elected officials who are supposed to uphold the constitution. I find it frightening.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Folks are going on and on about Rittenhouse suing the media and such, or wanting him to talk to this person or go on that person’s podcast and I’m scared for the kid. His case was super important for all of us with regards to the subject of self defense and I am ecstatic that he won. But, my cause is mine. It was HIS LIFE and I just want that kid to disappear and go have a shot at a normal life. I’m afraid that he’s gonna get shoved into #### and turned into another Zimmerman. If that happens, the the ####bags who tried to destroy his life still win, but it’ll be folks on “our” side who give it to them.

Anything is possible, but I don't see him becoming another Zimmerman.  Their cases and situations are vastly different.  Zimmerman's was a lot murkier and there wasn't quite the obvious slant and slander by MSM (although he was the first "white Hispanic" I have ever heard of).  Hopefully, Rittenhouse has some good guidance in the near future.  I don't see a problem with him going on a couple radio shows and sitting down with Hannity on TV for a few minutes.  

I do hope he sues the dogsh*t out of MSM for two reasons--I hope he becomes independently wealthy, but more importantly, the leftist MSM's ability and eagerness to push misinformation and blatant lies to sway the national mood or opinion needs a serious bitchslapping.  Rittenhouse is in a position to do just that.   

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 3