Rittenhouse verdict

bobsguns

30 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

LOL! Brett Baier and Chris Wallace? ROTFFLMAO. Both have shown their liberal proclivities.

A little off topic, but somehow I've started seeing tok-toks from Tulsi Gabbard, the Dem ex rep from Hawaii.  She seems to be very conservative...

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

LOL! Brett Baier and Chris Wallace? ROTFFLMAO. Both have shown their liberal proclivities.

Yeah. Chris has needed to go for a long time. And Brett isn't far behind. But, I have seen Tucker stretch things a little far a time or two. False flag may be a little far. With that said, the Democrats milked it the whole way. I haven't watched Tucker's documentary yet. Just need to set aside some time. This retirement thing is tough. 

20 minutes ago, Defender said:

A little off topic, but somehow I've started seeing tok-toks from Tulsi Gabbard, the Dem ex rep from Hawaii.  She seems to be very conservative...

Don't be fooled. Hannity said that to her face. She's still a Democrat. She's just not so far out there.

Edited by mikegideon
13 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Yeah. Chris has needed to go for a long time. And Brett isn't far behind. But, I have seen Tucker stretch things a little far a time or two. False flag may be a little far. With that said, the Democrats milked it the whole way. I haven't watched Tucker's documentary yet. Just need to set aside some time. This retirement thing is tough. 

I won't watch it. Carlson has never been my cup of tea. I get that he's trying to be some sort of a shock-jock, but I just can't listen to him. I do read his monologue once in awhile, but I have to sort the wheat from the chaff with him. That's a bit too tiring for me...and I'm not retired.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I won't watch it. Carlson has never been my cup of tea. I get that he's trying to be some sort of a shock-jock, but I just can't listen to him. I do read his monologue once in awhile, but I have to sort the wheat from the chaff with him. That's a bit too tiring for me...and I'm not retired.

You need to retire. Traffic sucks

6 hours ago, Links2k said:

I’ve been reading, but not responding to your post since you’ve been a member. Judging by the adjectives you like to use to describe people, I would NEVER attend a party with you.If you were paying attention, my response was to another member. I’ll continue to disregard you, and I hope you’ll do the same regarding me. Good day!

I don't recall EVER asking you to go to a party. Reading is fundamental.

Your "response" was about something I wrote, hence about me by extension, thus my reply to you. A more polite reply than yours, BTW. 

Perhaps you should take your own advice about ignoring posts & not commenting on them if you don't like the response?

Have a lovely day, sunshine.

2 hours ago, Defender said:

She'd be a perfect Republican except for one thing: she hates private gun ownership of ANY sort. 🙄 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Those that brought OJ up for whatever reason might find this interesting.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/23/us/jury-consultant-kyle-rittenhouse-oj-simpson/index.html

From the story:

"In O.J.'s case because we had done so much pretrial research, we knew that there was a certain demographic that was going to be more open to what our defense was," she told CNN.
At the time, it was a female African American with a high school education or less, she recalled.

In short, they wanted THE dumbest demographic on the planet Earth to be all the jurors. During the post-trial interviews, many jurors complained about the black female juror who crawled under the table & slept through deliberations. Said juror was also quoted as saying she "was going to vote Not Guilty no matter what." She also posed for Playboy after the trial. Don't bother looking for pics. Yuck!

Not sure how a consultant would've helped in Rittenhouse's trial. There were 18 & a drawing was held to narrow it down to the 12 used. 

I've read many books by high profile lawyers who've written about jury selections. It's fascinating (to me) to read how they think about this procedure. While occupation sometimes enters the criteria, it usually boils down to the usual three things: race, education & sex. 

That was interesting, Garufa, thanks!

• Dislike 1

Kyle did another interview with Ashleigh Banfield last night. I only saw a few clips but it was interesting. I didn't know why he fired his first lawyers. They sound like trash. He realizes they were trying to use him as a political pawn.

He has zero interest in any of the Congressional internships being offered to him. I hope he's able to find a sense of normalcy.

Clips here.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/banfield/kyle-rittenhouse-blames-former-lawyers-for-proud-boys-photo/

Full transcript here. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/banfield-rittenhouse-the-full-interview-and-transcript/amp/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, I fear his poor decision to appear first on Tucker Carlson's show will work against his effort to get people to view his actions and his trial in a more objective light.  Carlson is unhinged from reality and taints everyone he contacts.   He's a commentator, not a journalist. There are genuine journalists that this kid could have selected to do his first post-trial interview and treat him fairly.  I wish he'd done that.

• Like 3

When 30% of people (due to the mainstream media's adversarial reporting of the case ) think that  the people Kyle shot were black ,I don't know that it matters who his first interview is with. There is truth and there is lie and the people who still care about the former are vastly outnumbered in the media by those who use the latter to push their leftist agenda. This is one of the most well documented (on video none the less) shootings in history and anyone who takes the time to objectively and honestly look at the evidence will conclude this was self defense. Yet here we are discussing whether who he did an interview with looks bad for him.

The facts are the facts . Dude was not doing anything illegal when he went to the car lot with the rest of the group that the car dealership owners hired to keep it from getting burned to the ground and keep the cars from getting smashed. He was not "illegally carrying a rifle" , the fact that he "crossed state lines" is not only irrelevant, it is not ILLEGAL and not even illegal to do it with a semi auto rifle , it just "sounds bad" to the uneducated , so again, nothing he has done so far is illegal. When Kyle and almost everyone else on the street  is threatened by a convicted child RAPIST who spent 15 years in prison (who ANALLY RAPED 5 different 9-11 year old boys while he lived with them) Kyle did not "provoke" a confrontation he avoided it until the child rapist tried to chase him down and take his rifle for which the child rapist got shot. Self defense by definition. Kyle then heads back to where the cops are stationed down the street so he can turn himself in.....

So when word gets out that the kid shot one of the other protesters ( more truthfully rioters and looters, ) the chase is on, and people are running after him. It does not matter what their motivation is ( to save the day, stop the "bad guy" , murder, whatever) when they start physically attacking him , kicking him in head with shod foot, hitting him with a skateboard (aggravated assault at the least ) he has the right to defend himself from their unlawful (even if they thought it was lawful) attack. So Huber (the convicted domestic batterer) hits him with the skateboard (lethal force) and then grabs the muzzle of the rifle (lethal force) and gets shot. Self defense by definition. Then Grosskruetz (the guy who actually IS ILLEGALLY carrying a gun because he was a carrying concealed without a valid permit) runs up on Rittenhouse with gun drawn and when he points it at Kyle he gets shot . Self defense by definition. 

However that's not at all how the mainstream media have portrayed this case. According to them he "is a white supremacist who crossed state lines with a short barreled rifle and came there to shoot protesters" and all that crap. The media is either completely incompetent (unlikely ) or pushing a leftist agenda (ding ding ding!) and outright LYING about what happened to gin up sentiment against a kid who was trying to do something positive for the community where he works and where his dad lives. He was there guarding a business that had been looted and had inventory (cars) destroyed and he also was there attempting to render medical aid to people who needed it. Yeah he sounds terrible. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Unfortunately, I fear his poor decision to appear first on Tucker Carlson's show will work against his effort to get people to view his actions and his trial in a more objective light.  Carlson is unhinged from reality and taints everyone he contacts.   He's a commentator, not a journalist. There are genuine journalists that this kid could have selected to do his first post-trial interview and treat him fairly.  I wish he'd done that.

It's the number one "News" show on TV right now. And, maybe he wanted to give first shot to somebody that stood behind him the whole time. I'm thinking he didn't hurt himself all that much.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Whisper said:

I think you're overestimating Tucker's influence, IMO. 

I'm a political junkie & I have never, ever watched a single second of Tucker's pod cast, newscasts or anything of his. Couldn't care less what his opinion is about something, I form my own. I did the same thing with Rush, who was nothing more than an entertainer & commentator.

Rittenhouse probably did it for some money as I'm sure he's got lots of bills to pay. 

Edited by bobsguns
2 hours ago, Cruel Hand Luke said:

When 30% of people (due to the mainstream media's adversarial reporting of the case ) think that  the people Kyle shot were black ,I don't know that it matters who his first interview is with. There is truth and there is lie and the people who still care about the former are vastly outnumbered in the media by those who use the latter to push their leftist agenda. This is one of the most well documented (on video none the less) shootings in history and anyone who takes the time to objectively and honestly look at the evidence will conclude this was self defense. Yet here we are discussing whether who he did an interview with looks bad for him.

It matters to people who watch interview shows to help form their opinions.  No one watches Tucker Carlson or Rachel Maddow to find out what happened; they watch to confirm their biases and to validate their views that people on the other side of the political spectrum are stupid, incompetent, and/or immoral.  Carlson and Maddow are both happy to deliver that kind of bigotry. An interview by a respected news outlet would garner more viewership from people whose minds weren't already made up and wanted to hear Rittenhouse interviewed by a journalist and not an advocate.  Does appearing first on Carlson's show harm Rittenhouse much in the long run?  Probably not.  But it was a missed opportunity by Rittenhouse to make a positive impression on members of the public who were still undecided.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1