Jump to content

Rittenhouse verdict


bobsguns

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Darrell said:

It seems that many on the left want trial by public opinion rather than a jury trial. Since the results of this trial went against their wishes, the trial was unjust. We're seeing more and more of this, with people being pilloried in the press and by elected officials who are supposed to uphold the constitution. I find it frightening.

Unfortunately, this is not a new phenomenon, and it's certainly not confined to the left.  You can find plenty of historical examples of news media frenzy about black people charged with crimes against whites.  (In fact, this was one of the early tools used to promote gun control laws in the US.)   Right here in Tennessee we have the example of Edward Carmack, the editor of the Nashville Tennessean in the early 1900s, who spoke and wrote approvingly of lynching blacks.  Think the Tennessean would publish anything like that today?  Of course not.  Some in the news media have always tried to influence the outcome of trials and public reaction to verdicts.  Don't be fooled into believing that we're seeing something unusual.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Some in the news media have always tried to influence

Of course that's true. Dickens spoke of it in some of his novels, and there were plenty of pamphlets printed before and during the revolution that told a single side of the story. William Randolph Hearst practically invented "yellow journalism" and made a fortune at it. But what we're seeing now seems different, probably because the internet makes it so easy to spread half-truths and lies. I could not care less what Alyssa Milano or high-school-drop-out Cher think about politics, but they've become loud voices for leftist policies, and have outsized influence. I think the scope of what we're seeing today, national news media telling outright lies about people or policies, IS unique, and worrisome.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Daniel said:

It's funny to me that I read this media you all are talking about yet I knew the facts of the case and saw two weeks ago he was going to go free on teh serious charges.

You may have read what you claim but you "knew" nothing of the sort. 

I also note it's easy to claim you "knew" something after the fact of it happening. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I didn't even think Kyle should have been charged.

Anyone who shoots a rioter for ANYTHING is going to get charged these days. Doesn't matter the circumstances, the shooter IS going to get charged. Hell, the idiot lawyers in St. Louis didn't even fire their guns (the woman's wouldn't even work & the DA had the cops fix it, an illegal act itself) & they got charged & plea bargained to lower charges AND lost their guns. 

These thugs & punks are fully Dimocrat-supported AND shielded. Never forget that as we go about our holiday travels to enemy territory, gents. Video everything if you're involved in something. Videos are the only thing that saved Rittenhouse as ALL the prosecution witnesses lied under oath. ALL of them. Something to keep in mind. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, RED333 said:

No riots, yet, pics of the protesters, there is a line of thinking, PINKO COMMIES!

Jesus, HOW stupid can some people be? 

Rosenbaum was convicted of raping young male children. CONVICTED, not accused. Yet this stupid skank is calling him a "hero"?  🙄

The other skank is wholly ignorant how socialists kill their opponents by the thousands. She, and others of her idiotic ilk, should all live in China for a while.

protester.jpg

Protester 2.jpg

Link to comment

The MSM and the leftist pimps that drive them on are never gonna shut up or stop their jhad against this republic until their voice is so small it can’t be heard.

 ANTIFA and BLM are just their thug troops.  Some of them got their shadows removed from the earth here.  Kyle Rittenhouse made Kenosha, Wisconsin, the USA, and the world a better place by defending himself that sad evenin.  

That said; a victory for civilization and the people of this republic was won when this verdict was rendered.


There are plenty of billionaires and millionaires driving this jhad; not to mention those 60s hippie sons and daughters of Satan in tenured positions in academia.  


Until we go after them, this ain’t goin away… We are dividing more n more, and the chasm is just gettin wider…  Vote n buy more ammo…

leroy…

  • Like 6
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I think the scope of what we're seeing today, national news media telling outright lies about people or policies, IS unique, and worrisome.

You already cited the example of William Randolph Hearst, who specialized in telling outright lies about people and policies and bears much personal responsibility for the Spanish-American War, so it's clear that there is nothing new about lying national news media.  The scope of the lying is larger because the scope of news media is larger, but claiming that the lying itself is new or unique is simply incorrect.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Whisper said:

You already cited the example of William Randolph Hearst, who specialized in telling outright lies about people and policies and bears much personal responsibility for the Spanish-American War, so it's clear that there is nothing new about lying national news media.  The scope of the lying is larger because the scope of news media is larger, but claiming that the lying itself is new or unique is simply incorrect.

 

All true. The newspapers in the late 1700s were notorious for printing rumors, gossip & lies as fact. Nothing new there. Virtually all were of one political leaning or another. Today, they're ALL on the libtard side. Nor do they even attempt to hide nor act remotely embarrassed to do so. They now blend "news" and opinion in the same article and think nothing of it. 

In my world, the media has replaced the bottom rung of scum suckers that were previously held by used car dealers, drug dealers, pimps, crooked cops & lawyers. Tv, radio, internet, print or where ever, they're nothing but lying liberal shills for the cause. May they all suffer from rectal cancer, IMO. 

Link to comment

In typical liberal fashion, the left and MSM are now playing the race card. Now its all about the inequality of justice between blacks and whites in this country.  They're now saying that Rittenhouse got off because he's white. If he had been black, he would have been convicted. ect and so on. One way or another the liberal left is bound and determined to cause as much trouble and unrest as possible. I think they actually want riots. 

JMHO: but I believe that if Rittenhouse had been black, he never would have been charged. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Ski said:

Would you post a link to the page where that originally appeared?

 

I found it on Fox News site, it was in with other pics of the protest from last night. In the caption the pic is credited to Getty images.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, bobsguns said:

You may have read what you claim but you "knew" nothing of the sort. 

I also note it's easy to claim you "knew" something after the fact of it happening. 

I posted Wednesday my thoughts. So yes “knew” was probably the incorrect word. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, bobsguns said:

All true. The newspapers in the late 1700s were notorious for printing rumors, gossip & lies as fact. Nothing new there. Virtually all were of one political leaning or another. Today, they're ALL on the libtard side. Nor do they even attempt to hide nor act remotely embarrassed to do so. They now blend "news" and opinion in the same article and think nothing of it. 

The majority of the news media are certainly on the side of the political left, but it's a misunderstanding to believe they all are.  News media on the side of the right do exist, they're just outnumbered:  Newspapers -- there's the Washington Times and the New York Post; television -- there's Fox News and OAN.  When you get to online sites it's more balanced -- there's a ton of right-leaning online media sites, and they range from thoughtful and well-reasoned to screaming hysterical tin-foil-hat conspiracists. 

As with all information provided by the news media, the consumer's best approach is to sample widely with extreme skepticism, use your critical thinking skills, and make your own decisions.

Cheers,

Whisper

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

In typical liberal fashion, the left and MSM are now playing the race card. Now its all about the inequality of justice between blacks and whites in this country.  They're now saying that Rittenhouse got off because he's white. If he had been black, he would have been convicted. ect and so on. One way or another the liberal left is bound and determined to cause as much trouble and unrest as possible. I think they actually want riots. 

JMHO: but I believe that if Rittenhouse had been black, he never would have been charged. 

Show 'em this....................

 

truth.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Maria Shriver:

Quote

I’m trying to take a beat to digest the Rittenhouse verdict. My son just asked me how it’s possible that he didn’t get charged for anything. How is that possible? I don’t have an answer for him.

Many responses were variations like this:

Quote

Your son asked you about Ted Kennedy?

😝

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I dont think so. I know Lindell and Schroeder posted his $2 mil bail so incarceration wasn't that long. Another meme said 2 months so like most memes its all for show 

He didn’t.  That’s why I don’t get facts from or spread memes.  A good majority of them are BS.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

I’m trying to take a beat to digest the Rittenhouse verdict. My son just asked me how it’s possible that he didn’t get charged for anything. How is that possible? I don’t have an answer for him.

Actually, he WAS charged, tried, and found not-guilty.  (I understand the quote came from Maria Shriver.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.