Looking for .22 revolver

On 11/17/2021 at 8:05 PM, N9148q said:

Looking for a .22 revolver let me know what you have.  

I own both Colt & S&W .22 revolvers. What is it you wish to know?  😉

There's a slew of them on Gun Broker. Prices top out around $4300 (yes, that's correct) for a Korth revolver & go down from there. There's a couple of decent ones in there around the $599 range but I didn't look at their ads. 

If budget is an issue, look at the Heritage series. The Ruger Wrangler models aren't worth spit. 

Armscor used to make some pretty decent .22 DA revolvers for around $400 but I haven't one of those in 2-3 years now. Nor are any listed on GB. 

GB does have an older Ruger Single Six with a "buy now" price of $499 or so. That might be the best bang for the $$$, IMO. 

You'd get more help if you list what you're using it for: target, cheap practice, elderly shooter, etc? 

Any S&W .22 is going to run you at least $700 these days. Colts will be a bit more, IMO. 

Edited by bobsguns

Bob I’m interested in all types as I enjoy collecting and seeing what’s out there….and I do not care to bother with gun broker. Was not interested in a price list and how much things should run or best bang for the buck just looking for what catches my attention and what the other fellas have on here they may be interested in parting with.  

1 hour ago, N9148q said:

Bob I’m interested in all types as I enjoy collecting and seeing what’s out there….and I do not care to bother with gun broker. Was not interested in a price list and how much things should run or best bang for the buck just looking for what catches my attention and what the other fellas have on here they may be interested in parting with.  

Well, good luck with all that.

With the prices of guns going up like they have, coupled with the dearth of .22LR revolvers of quality, I'd bet a lot of folks are going to keep theirs in the safe, IMO. I toyed with selling one or two of my Smiths over the last year but have since decided to wait another year, see where prices are. 

If you do latch onto something, please post what it is. I'd be curious what caught your eye?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 2:02 PM, bobsguns said:

Well, good luck with all that.

With the prices of guns going up like they have, coupled with the dearth of .22LR revolvers of quality, I'd bet a lot of folks are going to keep theirs in the safe, IMO. I toyed with selling one or two of my Smiths over the last year but have since decided to wait another year, see where prices are. 

If you do latch onto something, please post what it is. I'd be curious what caught your eye?

Feel the same way. Should have bought a 617 years ago. Now just out of my range. And the couple Smith 22s I have won't be leaving me anytime soon.