Shooters Nation

Redhansen

Maybe this has been addressed, maybe this isn't allowed.  I'm unsure, don't lynch me.

The shooters nation podcast.  I avidly listened to Shooters Nation as i traveled across the country for work.  I will admit, I didn't start listening until somewhere around early 2019.  So, I was a little behind.  Anyway, after the last episode ("0071 COVID-19 Isn't the Apocalypse that we planned for")  I waited a few weeks thinking COVID had slowed things down.  Now, almost two years later with no new episode.  Which really sucks, because I have since tried atleast a dozen other podcast, none of them shine a light to SHooters Nation.  I have yet to even make it through a full episode of a single one.  Unless I missed something somewhere, there was no mention of canceling.  Is it gone forever?  (The only acceptable answer here is no)  Is it on a new platform?  Was it a victim of "cancel culture"?   Does anyone have any of these answers, or do I just look like the grown version of a one hit wonder, pop band fan boy?

One positive effect is that I found this TGO site while searching for our pair of 2A talk show hosts.  TGO Seems like a winner in a sea full of has beens and lost causes.   Very well laid out, maintained, and none of the irrelevant digging to find content related to anything firearm.

Stay classy,

C. Hansen

• Like 3

@FrankD One can only hope. I was pretty sure this TGO David was the key player I had been searching for.  I felt it would be slightly rude to send him a message on here if I was wrong though.  "Hey man, what are you doing, and why are you not recording content right now?"   Might come off as hostile.  Spotify should be calling him weekly with offers as far as I'm concerned....

• Haha 1
  • Administrator

@Redhansen - The gig is up!  You've found me.  🙂

Shooters Nation is/was a labor of love for me.  I miss doing the show as much as some folks, yourself included, seem to enjoy listening to it.  There honestly isn't a week that goes by that I don't think of picking right up where we left off.  I'd love to, really.

I am going to send this to Mark.  He isn't on TGO but I wonder if he might be getting the itch to do this again too.  If not, I may bring it back with some other help.

Cancel Culture definitely played no small part in our decision to stop where we were.  Back in 2020, when we recorded the last episode, things in the world were absolutely starting to spiral out of control.  The election took a lot of already polarized people and flipped them on their heads.  People I knew personally were losing their jobs or being threatened with such for things that they had said online about the election, about the "social justice" movement, about the racial riots, etc.

Mostly those folks were just saying what sane people would say.  Basically just "This is wrong.  This is nuts.  We've got to let cooler heads prevail."  etc.

Dangerous things, those words of ours!

Anyway.... THANK YOU for this thread and your comments.  They made my day.  And they've got me staring at the microphone and recording equipment here at Shooters Nation HQ and thinking What would happen if I fired this up and just started running my mouth again?

Who knows!  We might find out sometime soon.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

@TGO David Mission accomplished!  Overall, I'm glad to find TGO was just hiding you away and all is well.  If you need any encouragement to revisit Shooters Nation, I'm sure I could drum up a long list of supporters patiently waiting for the "new episode" notification. I personally know at least a dozen "fan club" members.  😄 That being said, I hope yourself and Mark know how respected yall's opinions and gear reviews are. You seem to have a knack for selecting great guests and introducing the perfect subjects.  There has thus far not been a podcast on any platform (I have many)  geared towards the 2A community worth it's weight.  Many have decent content.  I just unfollow around episode two, when they start mis quoting laws and legislature.

Blow the dust off that mic, pour and glass, and YES run your mouths. I believe I speak for many when I say, we enjoyed it!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@FrankD I can't say all other 2A podcast are complete trash.  Some of them actually have a few high points.  Consistent releases, decent audio, knowledgeable guests.  But each one had something that would eventually turn me to the unfollow/unsubscribe button.  Shooters Nation by far had a package deal going on.