Memphis #1

AuEagle

1 hour ago, Moped said:

I say we turn it over to Arkansas or Mississippi and walk away...

I used to get pissed at comments like this.   I'm over that now.  The rest of the state hates us, I get it.  We are overlooked over here when it comes to a lot of stuff.  So now I'm on board.   MS here we come.   Hell, we will probably double the GDP of MS when we get turned over.  

• Like 1

I once read or was told that you can take the lowest bottom of the pond scum denominator of man and give him something or someone to look down upon and he’ll still feel good about himself. 

It may be an old saying or it may be the truth. Who knows?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

I used to get pissed at comments like this.   I'm over that now.  The rest of the state hates us, I get it.  We are overlooked over here when it comes to a lot of stuff.  So now I'm on board.   MS here we come.   Hell, we will probably double the GDP of MS when we get turned over.  

…and the average IQ

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

The whole country doesn't like MS right now, so you'd be going from bad to worse. 🙂

1 hour ago, Links2k said:

I once read or was told that you can take the lowest bottom of the pond scum denominator of man and give him something or someone to look down upon and he’ll still feel good about himself. 

It may be an old saying or it may be the truth. Who knows?

Most people do self-qualify. "My life my suck but look how much that guy's life sucks! I'm way better off!"

3 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

I used to get pissed at comments like this.   I'm over that now.  The rest of the state hates us, I get it.  We are overlooked over here when it comes to a lot of stuff.  

You get overlooked because your city is a complete mess. Memphis makes Arab countries look like German efficiency, IMO. Oh, let's throw in the Ford family in TN state politics while we're at it. 

Only in Memphis could the FBI have a weapons-laden vehicle get stolen from a hotel/motel parking lot.  😆

Did they get that broken I-40 bridge fixed yet, BTW? 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

You get overlooked because your city is a complete mess. Memphis makes Arab countries look like German efficiency, IMO. Oh, let's throw in the Ford family in TN state politics while we're at it. 

Only in Memphis could the FBI have a weapons-laden vehicle get stolen from a hotel/motel parking lot.  😆

Did they get that broken I-40 bridge fixed yet, BTW? 

🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't been into Memphis in many years. Not because of crime, just haven't been. There are good people there just as everywhere. I am sure they are overwhelmed by the bad right now as we all have been lately. Our fellow TN citizens should all have our full support, well, the above mentioned good ones. We should all push our elected representatives and assist law enforcement to take out the trash. If we don't?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, GhstFace38 said:

At least we're good at SOMETHING.

😆

To be fair, it's the City & not the county that's the cesspool. 

It was 4-5 years ago (I think) that the City school system threw up their hands about a 1/2 second before the State was to take it over. Mismanagement, malfeasance, waste, fraud & outright thievery were among the small % of the issues. I think the grade level performance of the city student body was something like 4-5%? Someone correct me if I'm wrong there. And the City basically just tossed the keys to the county & said "have at it."

I've worked a lot of gun shows in Memphis (Germantown actually) & the decent folks (of all races) loathe what Memphis has become. 

Yep. Memphis City Schools just threw in the towel rather than face the truth and the possible charges that might bring.  Unfortunately many of the old MCS school board members got elected to the new expanded Shelby County School board. Now Shelby County schools suck. 💩

Quite a few of the smaller towns in Shelby County have since formed their own School systems. My city, Bartlett, did just that. So far its working out very well. 👍

BTW: I can tell you exactly when Memphis started going to crap. Jan 1, 1992 when Willie Harrington was sworn in as the new Mayor. Willie considered the city his own private kingdom and ruled with an iron fist. He did as he pleased and anybody who dared to buck him was quickly put in their place. This A hole served 5 terms and the city has gone straight to hell ever since. 🤬

17 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I think we've had a thread similar to this once or twice a year for at least a decade now. TGO hates Memphis. 

No, most on TGO hate lawlessness no matter the city or town.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I think we've had a thread similar to this once or twice a year for at least a decade now. TGO hates Memphis. 

The State of Tennessee hates Memphis. State government pretty much ignores Memphis unless they can get a photo op out of it. Can't say as I blame 'em. Most of Memphis hates Memphis. 🙄

But they do have a great zoo! 😉

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Sidinman said:

Just so ya know Bolivar is in Hardeman county, about an hour north of Shelby county.

RP

I googled it when I read it. I was thinking of Grayfox54 moving to Bartlett. Thing is, Nashville has the same issues just not as bad yet. 

6 hours ago, Sidinman said:

Just so ya know Bolivar is in Hardeman county, about an hour north of Shelby county.

RP

Actually its pretty much straight east of Shelby County. 🙄

BTW: been in Bartlett about 30 years now. Never regretted the move once. 😉

Edited by Grayfox54
8 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

The State of Tennessee hates Memphis. State government pretty much ignores Memphis unless they can get a photo op out of it. Can't say as I blame 'em. Most of Memphis hates Memphis. 🙄

Open every day in the projects.............................   🤨