Storms last night

Snaveba

Middle Stewart County here. One went north of us, one went south. Just walked the perimeter, no visible damage. County FB pages are reporting a few injuries and a few houses gone. Sent volunteer offer to the sherrif, waiting for the phone to ring to go help if needed.

Here in the southwest corner we got heavy rains and high winds. It was raining sideways here for a while.聽聽I've got a few聽 fair sized limbs down, but nothing serious. Interesting to note that聽 the leaves that were pretty much covering my front yard聽 are are all gone.聽

1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

聽Downtown Mayfield got hit hard. The courthouse was damaged fairly significantly with the entire cupola聽being destroyed.聽

KY governor just said their water tower was destroyed. That screws the entire town for quite some time. Wow.

4 hours ago, DO-TN said:

Middle Stewart County here. One went north of us, one went south. Just walked the perimeter, no visible damage. County FB pages are reporting a few injuries and a few houses gone. Sent volunteer offer to the sherrif, waiting for the phone to ring to go help if needed.

I stayed out til 3 last night. The radio traffic sounded bad over there. I just talked to dispatch a few minutes ago. They鈥檝e made a lot more progress than I would have thought. They鈥檝e already shut the emergency operations center down, road crews only have three roads left to clear, only one minor injury. One man is unaccounted for but neighbors have told them they have seen him.聽

A long night, tornado raced by just north of us. No major damage in my immediate area near the Kentucky/Tennessee stateline. 聽Sirens went off several times. I followed the tornado tracks on news 2 on line. 聽I am thankful it missed us.聽

My heart goes out to those that were in the path of the tornado.

Bellevue/west Nashville checking in. 聽Mrs. IHJ woke me up at 0300 when her phone alarm went off, so we headed for the basement. Kingston Springs supposedly had one nearby heading east along 70, but all we got was a lot of wind; no lost power or damage that I鈥檝e seen. I went back to bed around 0345 with the bedroom window open & all I heard were a few rumblings of thunder.聽

2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

It's been almost 100 years

Tri-State-Tornado-Path-states-winds-path

Are they saying it was one tornado last night that went through multiple states? Typically it's a series of different tornados.聽

Friend of mine sent this of what was his sisters house. Thankfully they evacuated before it hit and were not hurt.聽

20211211_084304.jpg

Edited by Erik88
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Are they saying it was one tornado last night that went through multiple states? Typically it's a series of different tornados.聽

Yes, they said on the news the same Tornado/cell was on the ground for 200 miles.聽 Started in Northeast Arkansas and went through KY.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Wow 1