Glock Store

bobsguns

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

So you're saying you couldn't get more accuracy out of your VP9 over the Glock or S&W? That's incredibly surprising. 

I've found the M&P series to be struggling to reach mediocrity when compared to the other major brands. Even the newcomers like Canik are leapfrogging the M&P line, IMO. 

What I'm saying is that I am as accurate with a Glock 19 or M&P 2.0 9mm as I was with a VP9 and that my accuracy with any of them is more than adequate for a handgun.  I am a pretty competent shooter, at speed.

There are undoubtedly handguns that make it easier to shoot well.  I suppose the VP9 might be that gun for you and it probably comes down to biomechanics and ergonomics.  Those things are, to an appreciable degree, particular to the individual. 

The M&P gets a lot of shade thrown at it by gun snobs.  I've never really understood that.  Even the first-generation guns were considerably better than the Glocks of that era in terms of ergonomics and features, and the 2.0 continues to be so.   That's just my opinion, but I stand by it on the merit of my experiences and catalog of guns that I've owned and run hard in classes.  The accuracy potential of the M&P improved quite a bit with the 2.0 series.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TGO David said:

What I'm saying is that I am as accurate with a Glock 19 or M&P 2.0 9mm as I was with a VP9 and that my accuracy with any of them is more than adequate for a handgun.  I am a pretty competent shooter, at speed.

My speed these days would make a snail blush. But I do strive for the smallest possible group(s) I can get. I cut my teeth on bullseye-type shooting & that's stayed with me all my life, even shooting 3 Gun & USPSA. I hear & read about "combat accuracy" & so forth & just shake my head at that. I know I'm in the minority in this thinking but *I* want a gun I can shoot a USPSA high rd count match with & then use the same gun in a bullseye match. There's multiple guns in my safe that fit that criteria & they've spoiled me in meeting my expectations. Beretta, CZ, Springfield Armory 1911s, FN & H&K are the ones that do that for me. 

I know we all want what we want & some folks want Glocks. Some folks root for Vandy too. I can't understand either reasoning.......................    😄 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, TGO David said:

The M&P gets a lot of shade thrown at it by gun snobs.  I've never really understood that.  

Why are you up so early??????   🤪

I remember well when these first came out. There was a LOT of disappointment as those of us whom loved their revolvers had much higher expectations. Gritty triggers & average accuracy (at best) regulated the M&P line to a lower tiered status among the discriminating gun buyer/owner. It was also about the same time FN got their line cranked up, CZ was making a much bigger splash & there were multiple brands bringing moderately priced 1911s out (Rock Island Armory is one). 

In short, the M&P line had a lot of competition & they didn't stack up too terribly well for those who knew what to look for. Their biggest positive was their price & a lot of buyers told me that. The only other mfgr close to that was Ruger & their line was pretty limited on variety. I don't think they even offered a .45acp at that time? I don't remember, I think they were only 9mm & .40S&W? 

Even the 2.0 line is a slow seller. The Shield is far & away their best selling model, especially the EZ version. I bet I sold those 3-4 times over any other M&P model. Take away those & the entire 2.0 line is a red headed step-child, IMO. 

I admit to not caring for the S&W 3rd Gen semi line either. I had one but sold it off for something much better. I did keep my Model 52 though, a wonderful gun. 

I don't consider my Mdl 19 Gen 5 9MM a pig, but people love to hate on Glocks. I say how can one argue with total success of a brand of gun. More Glocks on the street than just about any other brand, and yes, I know they are ugly. My EDC is a Taurus 7 shot snubby in 38/357 in strong side pocket, but I like pistols too!  My second gun is a SW 9MM MP 2.0 IWB. 

Just going to Kroger, after dark, on Lascassas Hwy, and one feels he may need 2. I don't do that any longer.  Friend was there on Monday and 3 were duking it out in broad daylight and it was 2 on 1. He and a woman tried to break it up and he was hit in the face by a 17 YO punk.  Intervention hurts sometimes.  

Man.  What a fun thread.  I get a kick out of fan-boi-ing on brand x-y-z.  (*skip to the end if you just want to read about the thread subject "Glockstore").

I've gone back and forth so damn much it's ridiculous.  I've liked Glocks.  I've pretty much sold them all except for the Gen4 19 that I sent to Agency Arms for a full workover.  That will never go anywhere and I love shooting it all day long.  While that is a pricey direction to go, their frame cut/stippling is amazing. Their Gen5 guns are probably the best up to the this point.  I didn't like the finger grooves and most come with front slide serrations which has always been important to me.

I've owned multiple HK's and don't currently have any.  The thing I hate about HK is how much they won't/can't support US Civilian gun owners, mostly with their rifles.  That and the ridiculousness of proprietary stuff IE the USP accessory rail (which to me if the USP had a normal rail, the USP would be KING).  I actually want to get another non-manual safety P30L in 9mm at some point if I ever come across one again but that's been hard as anything to get.  I will say that the VP9 is a good gun and the trigger is one of the best I've pulled out of the box.  My other favorite thing about the HK pistols is the paddle magazine release.  I love it.  I will say that when I bought a VP9, they were shipped with 15-round magazines and flush-fit 17-round magazines weren't a thing the couple of years I owned one.  

I won't touch FN pistols.  While FN makes AMAZING stuff, I had a FNX 45 Tac and during a 2-gun match I did a mag swap and the way their mag release works when I inserted the next mag it got jammed in the gun as the tab on the magazine jammed into the mag release mechanism.  I had to tear the whole frame apart to get the mag out.  After that, unless they change the magazine release design, I just won't.  But that's just personal experience.  That's just an example of one.

Sig.  Sig has a lot of problems.  Their 22X series guns were always great.  I hate how much I love the P320/M17 series of guns.  It seems like the kinks have been worked out, but I hate that Sig pretty much releases stuff and uses the public for testing.  And if you want one of their cool new designs like the MPX or the MCX, good luck finding one and then you'll be tempted to sell it for 2x what you bought it for on Gunbroker.

I could go on forever.  I've also owned Beretta, multiple 1911 and 2011 variants, M&Ps, etc.  I've never owned any Taurus, Hi-Point, Springfield XD series, or Ruger center-fire pistols and I doubt I ever will.  Years of competition and the most problems I've seen have been with Springfield XDs and Ruger Centerfires.  

If you're still reading, congratulations on making it this far.  The Glockstore retail space is like any other gunshop in Nashville.  Sometimes cheaper, sometimes on par, sometimes more expensive.  But they do carry more than just Glocks.  Their range space looks amazing but I have not used it yet.  They have a 280-degree range or something like that?  I hope to get out there at some point because it looks like it could be great.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Burnman5000 said:

Man.  What a fun thread.  I get a kick out of fan-boi-ing on brand x-y-z.  (*skip to the end if you just want to read about the thread subject "Glockstore").

I've gone back and forth so damn much it's ridiculous.  I've liked Glocks.  I've pretty much sold them all except for the Gen4 19 that I sent to Agency Arms for a full workover.  That will never go anywhere and I love shooting it all day long.  While that is a pricey direction to go, their frame cut/stippling is amazing. Their Gen5 guns are probably the best up to the this point.  I didn't like the finger grooves and most come with front slide serrations which has always been important to me.

I've owned multiple HK's and don't currently have any.  The thing I hate about HK is how much they won't/can't support US Civilian gun owners, mostly with their rifles.  That and the ridiculousness of proprietary stuff IE the USP accessory rail (which to me if the USP had a normal rail, the USP would be KING).  I actually want to get another non-manual safety P30L in 9mm at some point if I ever come across one again but that's been hard as anything to get.  I will say that the VP9 is a good gun and the trigger is one of the best I've pulled out of the box.  My other favorite thing about the HK pistols is the paddle magazine release.  I love it.  I will say that when I bought a VP9, they were shipped with 15-round magazines and flush-fit 17-round magazines weren't a thing the couple of years I owned one.  

I won't touch FN pistols.  While FN makes AMAZING stuff, I had a FNX 45 Tac and during a 2-gun match I did a mag swap and the way their mag release works when I inserted the next mag it got jammed in the gun as the tab on the magazine jammed into the mag release mechanism.  I had to tear the whole frame apart to get the mag out.  After that, unless they change the magazine release design, I just won't.  But that's just personal experience.  That's just an example of one.

Sig.  Sig has a lot of problems.  Their 22X series guns were always great.  I hate how much I love the P320/M17 series of guns.  It seems like the kinks have been worked out, but I hate that Sig pretty much releases stuff and uses the public for testing.  And if you want one of their cool new designs like the MPX or the MCX, good luck finding one and then you'll be tempted to sell it for 2x what you bought it for on Gunbroker.

I could go on forever.  I've also owned Beretta, multiple 1911 and 2011 variants, M&Ps, etc.  I've never owned any Taurus, Hi-Point, Springfield XD series, or Ruger center-fire pistols and I doubt I ever will.  Years of competition and the most problems I've seen have been with Springfield XDs and Ruger Centerfires.  

If you're still reading, congratulations on making it this far.  The Glockstore retail space is like any other gunshop in Nashville.  Sometimes cheaper, sometimes on par, sometimes more expensive.  But they do carry more than just Glocks.  Their range space looks amazing but I have not used it yet.  They have a 280-degree range or something like that?  I hope to get out there at some point because it looks like it could be great.

For the record....I made it to the end.

- P320 owner/lover

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Specializedjon said:

Are we still talking about the Glock Store? 🤣 or should I just shut up and learn about VP9's??

- New guy...trying to keep up.

Nah man, no worries...just skip to the end and remember that Glock's are superior to VP9's in every way possible. Look at how much extra time you have!

• Haha 2