My Kahr=crap

nolo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i totally understand where you are comming from but these are weird times in the gun industry. Everyone is producing as many guns as they can for if/when Obama tries to go after them. Im sure Kahr is working as hard as they can to keep up with production and their repair work. In my opinion they have pretty good customer service and i think you will be happy when you get your gun back. My brother carries a CW40, my dad carries a PM45, and I carry a PM40 and we have never had any problems with them. I hope yours was just a little bur and somthing small and they get you squared away.

-Jason G

My wife used to carry a PM9 and I couldn't get it to stop jamming. I polished the feed ramp as per Kahr's recommendation and it still wouldn't do right. I ended up trading it for a compact XD. We might have just got a lemon, but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Guest Sixguns

I thought I would give my 2cents here on Kahr. I have a PM9 and I love it. I have fired well over 350 rounds through it so far and I have never had a single problem with mine. I may have gotten a good one if you will, and I know there is a lot of people who have had major problems with them, but my experience has been positive. I love the size and weight of the gun, and it allows me to carry in situations where my 24/7 Pro would stand out like a sore thumb.

I hope that everything works out with yours, as I would be pretty pissed too if mine started to not function properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the gun back. I shot it over the weekend, and it was nearly flawless. I still have a problem with the slide not fully coming forward to chamber the next round after the previous round has been ejected (any ideas?). I don't know what caused the initial problem with the slide stop. I have a new guide rod and slide stop. They also replaced the slide stop spring which was bent. The last problem was my fault. The slide stop has to catch the slide stop spring perfectly or it gets bent in the process. I didn't figure that out until I cleaned it over the weekend. I had to take it off and straighten it out.

After shooting it again, I think I'll keep it. It is a really smooth and accurate gun, especially for the price.

Guest B J Elliott

I agree with Astra, I firmly believe the store should help you and let them deal with Kahr, after all they would have a little more clout than just an individual. .02 BJ

Guest 70below

I'd highly recommend a stainless guide rod on a CW series pistol. I had a CW9 and really liked it (I couldn't get used to the long trigger though after so much time spend with Glocks short reset). The guide rod on my CW9 got pretty chewed up pretty quickly. I would guess the .40 might have a similar problem.

I was at the range the other day and an older gentleman had a new Kahr 40. He was firing his second mag through it and the ejector blew right out of the gun. After 45 minutes of finding all of the parts, some of us range rats put the thing back together and put another 100 rounds through it with no problem, but I would not trust my life on it.

About the Taurus bashes. I have PT1911 which had the safety blown out by some bad reloads. I called Taurus and sent them the gun, they repaired and sent it right back. So within 3 weeks, I had the gun back and functioning perfectly. I was super impressed with their customer service.

Guest 70below
I believe it was stainless to begin with, if not it is now.

They must have got tired of all the warranty claims on the old carbon steel guide rods.