Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (2021 Edition)

• Administrator

tgo_christmas.jpg

December 22, 2021 -- Well, another year is rapidly drawing to a close and another is now visible on the horizon.  It seems hard to believe that we are here once again, and yet I am sure I say that every year.

As I sit here writing this, my house is full of the sound of family enjoying the week of Christmas.  My three youngest children are sitting at the kitchen table, decorating cookies with their mom and aunt.  Christmas movies are playing on the television across the room just beyond the Christmas tree, but no one is really watching them.  They are playing mostly to add their music and sounds to the atmosphere, and in case someone happens to look up so that more scenes of Christmas will fill their view.

It is not lost on me that I am beyond fortunate to have this scene playing out in my house tonight.  My two oldest kids, separated from this bunch by a legitimate 18-years, are grown and long since moved out.  By any account, I should be in the empty nest phase of life, but God saw fit to keep me in the game a bit longer.  I am forever in His debt for it.

Some of you can undoubtedly relate to the notion of a quieter and calmer home this Christmas.  Some of you will be lucky to see brief glimpses of your homes this Christmas in between hours spent away at work.  Some of you will be reading this from some location elsewhere on this planet, quite possibly in a place that our government has put you to do a job that you can't even talk about.

Wherever Christmas and the New Year find you, I hope that you will find some comfort in this statement:  You may be solitary, but you are not alone.  We, here at TGO, are with you.  And you may be busy serving in some other capacity, but you aren't forgotten.  I am thinking of you and I know that others on TGO will be joining me in that.

I hope that each of you enjoy Christmas in the best way possible.  I hope that you find peace, relaxation, restoration and hope in it.  And if you can't... drop me a line and let me know.  I am glad to lend a virtual ear to you and it would be my honor to tell you that you really aren't alone.

Merry Christmas, folks.  Thanks for making TGO the best place on the Internet to talk about everything under the sun.  And sometimes about guns.  🙂

--David

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.