Savage Stance new 9mm

bobsguns

Savage has come out with a polymer, striker fired 9mm handgun. Looks to be somewhere in the Glock 26 size, maybe just a hair bigger? Comes in three colors, with or without night sights. 

I don't think it's hit dealers yet.  I'm doubtful of successful sales given the competition already out there. Time will tell.

I'm on the record as liking their .22 rifles & own one myself. I also admire their old 99 model.

savage stance.jpg

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Mighty bold to bring a single-stack micro 9 to the market when everyone else has upped the ante with increased capacity in the same sized package.

I doubt anyone has ever accused Savage of being cutting edge on anything. 

I take that back. Their Accu Trigger in their .22 rifle line was pretty innovative. 

But they sure made a yawner on this one, IMO. This will maybe out-sell the Taurus Curve?  😝

1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

I doubt anyone has ever accused Savage of being cutting edge on anything. 

I take that back. Their Accu Trigger in their .22 rifle line was pretty innovative. 

But they sure made a yawner on this one, IMO. This will maybe out-sell the Taurus Curve?  😝

They were cutting edge in the 20s and 30s.

• Like 1
On 12/23/2021 at 10:11 AM, gregintenn said:

If they were going for ugly, they certainly hit the mark! I’m a big Savage fan, but their R&D department sure needs an enema.

I actually like the looks but I also like KT stuff.  😉

But it will have to be real low price to sell with all the other very good budget guns out there now.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, orientalexpress said:

Negative. Here's a photo of the slide blanks I saw in person.  

They also have another iconic pistol coming out soon.

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

If they are going to make the Savage Automatic Pistol, they will definitely have my interest. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Indeed...as long as it’s exactly like it used to be, lol.

Nothing is ever re-introduced like "it used to be", sadly. Even the new Hi-Power is slightly different. Sig added an external extractor to their 1911s, as have a couple of others. Colt changed the Python & (I think) the new King Cobra. S&W added a port to the Model 19. So on & so forth.

But I too would look & hard at the Savage Auto Pistol. Beautiful gun.

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Indeed...as long as it’s exactly like it used to be, lol.

17 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Nothing is ever re-introduced like "it used to be", sadly. Even the new Hi-Power is slightly different. Sig added an external extractor to their 1911s, as have a couple of others. Colt changed the Python & (I think) the new King Cobra. S&W added a port to the Model 19. So on & so forth.

I'd love to see it re-introduced in .32ACP!

14 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Oh I know, but a fella can dream.

Not that they would try to reproduce the 1907 but it would be kinda cool...as long as they don’t “Remington” it like that 51 abomination.

• Like 1

I have owned a Savage 1907 and a 1917 in the past. If they do bring them back, I certainly hope they do update them.  While they are classic pistols and feel great in your hand, they are a PITA to take apart, have a horrible trigger and are very difficult to shoot well.  That's why I no longer have them. 🙄

• Like 1