Savage Stance new 9mm

bobsguns

16 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Actually the T100 was renamed the Tundra…both are insane reliable.  

Ehhh, both models have distinct design differences, enough to be different. The Tundra is a full sized truck whereas the T100 was the 'tweener between the (now) Tacoma & the Tundra.

(Former Toyota salesman here.)

The Tundra was a bit smaller than a full-sized pickup until 2007.  I actually was looking for an older Tundra with the 4.7 Liter V8, that was affordable, several years ago.  I eventually gave up and went  with a very clean 2007 with the 5.7 liter engine.  That truck is significantly bigger than the 2006 and older Tundras, and has been a very good truck. 

But to be honest, I'm not sure that the 2007 and newer models are made as well as the 2006 and older models with the 4.7 Liter V8. I think those were beasts!  I have a 2003 Sequioa with almost 300K miles that cannot be killed.  I have almost 190k on my 2007, though, so we shall see how that one goes. 

20 minutes ago, Moped said:

But to be honest, I'm not sure that the 2007 and newer models are made as well as the 2006 and older models with the 4.7 Liter V8. I think those were beasts!  I have a 2003 Sequioa with almost 300K miles that cannot be killed.  I have almost 190k on my 2007, though, so we shall see how that one goes. 

Agreed. The 4.7L is one of the most reliable engines they have ever made. 

And yes, the 1st gen Tundra was substantially smaller than the current generation. It's amazing how big trucks have gotten over the years. 

Here is my 02. I took this picture today. 

IMG_20220103_192352_304.jpg

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Yall keep saying the first Tundras weren't full size compared to today's trucks.  You can't compare across generations.  Just because trucks have gotten bloated doesn't mean that it wasn't a full size truck at the time.  

Go to these pages and compare the dimensions.  The 2002 Tundra is larger than a 2002 F150 in most areas.  Are yall gonna tell me that the 2002 F150 wasn't fullsize? 

2002 Toyota Tundra Specs, Trims & Colors | Cars.com

2002 Ford F-150 Specs, Trims & Colors | Cars.com

• Like 2
  • Moderators
22 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Yall keep saying the first Tundras weren't full size compared to today's trucks.  You can't compare across generations.  Just because trucks have gotten bloated doesn't mean that it wasn't a full size truck at the time.  

Go to these pages and compare the dimensions.  The 2002 Tundra is larger than a 2002 F150 in most areas.  Are yall gonna tell me that the 2002 F150 wasn't fullsize? 

My 93 F150 feels like a mini truck compared to current model year trucks.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Looking at the specs I think you are right Capbyrd, though in all honesty, the Tundra from 2002 did not seem much, if any bigger than the Dodge Dakota. I will say the bed length between those two trucks is quite different.  8.8 ft, (Toyota) vs 6.5 ft (Ford). My 2007 Tundra does not have a bed that long.  It's more the size of the Ford.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Your absolutely right...all vehicles have gotten so much bigger...compare a late 90's/early 2000's Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Nissan Sentra, etc to whats made today....some look like they have doubled in size.  The 70's are back...but with fuel efficiency lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Moped said:

Looking at the specs I think you are right Capbyrd, though in all honesty, the Tundra from 2002 did not seem much, if any bigger than the Dodge Dakota. I will say the bed length between those two trucks is quite different.  8.8 ft, (Toyota) vs 6.5 ft (Ford). My 2007 Tundra does not have a bed that long.  It's more the size of the Ford.

Bed length is dependent on model.  F150s had several bed lengths.  8 foot long bed on the standard and extended cab models.  6 foot short bed on those same models and a 5 foot bed on the crew cab models.  

Starting in 2004, they changed bed lengths on the F150.  Still an 8 foot option on the standard and extended cabs but the crew cabs had either a 5.5 foot or 6.5 foot bed.  

15 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

These two sites are comparing a short bed F150 with a long bed Tundra.  

My 2000 Tundra Access Cab was 7” shorter than the 2000 F150 supercab (or whatever they called their Access Cab equivalent) I was also considering (218” to 225).  Both short beds.  I remember measuring my garage and deciding the Tundra would fit, but the F150 would be iffy.  IIRC, the F150 was also a couple inches wider.  The Tundra cab was distinctly less roomy, but I’m 5’10 and didn’t care.  

Edited by deerslayer

Since we have moved on to this being a truck post. I need the used market to calm it's tits so I can buy a Tundra over the next 6 months. I'm looking for something 2015 or newer. I've got a 2004 F150 now but would like to go back to Toyota if the price would allow it. I've found some with the price right but those were not 4X4. Erick, that's a sweet truck.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 7:33 PM, bobsguns said:

Savage has come out with a polymer, striker fired 9mm handgun. Looks to be somewhere in the Glock 26 size, maybe just a hair bigger? Comes in three colors, with or without night sights. 

I don't think it's hit dealers yet.  I'm doubtful of successful sales given the competition already out there. Time will tell.

I'm on the record as liking their .22 rifles & own one myself. I also admire their old 99 model.

savage stance.jpg

Looks like a Taurus to me.

I'm late to the "truck" part of this topic but here is truck perfection. It never got stuck and pulled many F250's and others out of ditches and ruts. Once we had a crazy ice and snow storm. My wife and me went driving in it for 2 days in a row at 350 miles looking at the snow and sights with a foot of snow and ice on the road , no problems at all. The last true Japanese compact trucks that will run forever and leave the American trucks in their own cloud of burning oil and despair. The newer Tacomas  are more of a mid-size truck now. 

Screenshot_20220106-133624_Gallery.jpg

Edited by tercel89
spelling
  • Like 1