Christmas cooking

gregintenn

10 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I injected a turkey with some Cajun marinade and smoked it. It turned out amazing. I’ve never smoked a turkey before.

Anybody else try anything new for the holidays?

Nor have I.  Guess one would need some pretty big rolling papers, huh?  Seriously, sounds good!

Edited by Defender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
10 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Cooked a 13lb, 6-rib standing rib. Rubbed with a mix of fresh crushed garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil. It turned out quite tasty. 

B566D4E7-7355-4B66-A5BE-60449456B329.thumb.jpeg.37fd061c9bb9c916b90a31f1243b0b95.jpeg

That looks really good.  I want to try making one if those.  Is the meat tender?

10 hours ago, RED333 said:

Nothing new, Deep fried turky and some chicken, wife's dressing(is to die for), mashed tatters, green beans, sweet tatter casserole, gravy and the family. We had a GREAT Christmas!

I have been wanting a deep fried turkey ever since I first heard of them. Maybe next year…

Our family decided this year not to have a Christmas Dinner but instead we had a Christmas Country Breakfast since the kids are all up wanting to do the Santa thingy. Eggs both fried and scrambled, Bacon, sausage and Country Ham,  big bowls of Home fries, homemade biscuits, red eye and Sawmill gravy and coffee. I ate way to much.....LOL. I brought enough home with me to have it for dinner last evening.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, peejman said:

Find someone who has fryer and the oil.  Neither are cheap for a one-off.  

This is the truth.  Fried Turkey is delicious, easy to make, and expensive.

You’ll need at least $30 worth of oil...and that’s for a peanut oil blend.  Pure peanut costs a lot more if you can find it.  That’s what’s used since it has a low flash point.

Then you’ve got the frier.  Nothing but a great big massive pot on a stand.  Maybe $40.  And a propane tank.

Once all that is assembled you have to be more than careful not to burn the house down or send yourself to the hospital.  😀

It is worth it though.

• Like 2