90 Days of Dog

A.J. Holst

This is Katy. She showed up uninvited about six weeks ago, skinny and afraid to be touched. She's proven to be a sweet, gentle, but worthless hound, and I guess she's adopted us and has moved in permanently. She doesn't like to pose for photos, though.

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

• Like 6

This is Rosie and I have the same problem as a couple others when it comes to sleeping in late. In the morning she lets me know she is up and I should be up too. She starts howling like a hound on a treed Coon and won't stop till I'm up. She is a full blooded Basset Hound and I got her from a Breeder that had her fixed and wanted to rehome her. I enjoy listening to a hound bay and yodel, just not at 6AM.....lol 

DSCF2464.JPG

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Photoguy67 said:

I have 5 dogs, 3 of which are rescues. My avitar is one of them that just adores me and LOVES to be in my lap in the recliner! LOL

I was heading out to church earlier so didn't take the time to upload a picture, but here is my "pack". 

thumbnail_23BCC590-40CC-4FCB-9386-1B5CC89B6EEF.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Nikiski Dave said:

They do not live long enough. I quit when I realized i could not bury another friend.

Yup.

My last two just about killed me when I buried them. I just don't know if I can go through that again. 

Irks me that elephants live 60-70 years but dogs are all well under 20. Mother Nature sure screwed that deal up badly, IMO. 

• Like 3

I agree, it's very hard to bury a best friend so I found out about getting them cremated and the last 2 I lost I have cremated and they are still with me on top of my TV console in urns. I can thank many people here for being able to have Kasey cremated because at the time I could not afford to get it done and many folks here stepped up and helped me. I had Kasey almost 18 years. Then I was not sure I wanted another one and this one found me and her name was Darbby and I became very attached to her quick and had her about 5 years and she had health issues when I got her and finally she developed Kidney Failure and I had her put down and this time I was financially able to have her cremated so she is on the TV Console next to Kasey. If there comes a time for Rosie She will be up there on the TV Console also.  

DSCF2527.JPG

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Nikiski Dave said:

They do not live long enough. I quit when I realized i could not bury another friend.

I felt the same way after I lost my big yellow lab 3 and half years ago, I felt so much grief and pain. I told my wife I couldn’t do it again. But my wife couldn’t live without a dog in the house. So we adopted a puppy from animal rescue, she has brought us great joy especially these last couple years. 

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I agree, it's very hard to bury a best friend so I found out about getting them cremated and the last 2 I lost I have cremated and they are still with me on top of my TV console in urns. I can thank many people here for being able to have Kasey cremated because at the time I could not afford to get it done and many folks here stepped up and helped me. I had Kasey almost 18 years. Then I was not sure I wanted another one and this one found me and her name was Darbby and I became very attached to her quick and had her about 5 years and she had health issues when I got her and finally she developed Kidney Failure and I had her put down and this time I was financially able to have her cremated so she is on the TV Console next to Kasey. If there comes a time for Rosie She will be up there on the TV Console also.  

DSCF2527.JPG

I totally get this, my lab is on the fire place mantle. It brings me some comfort to know he is nearby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, TennesseeCamper said:

I felt the same way after I lost my big yellow lab 3 and half years ago, I felt so much grief and pain. I told my wife I couldn’t do it again. But my wife couldn’t live without a dog in the house. So we adopted a puppy from animal rescue, she has brought us great joy especially these last couple years. 

Believe me when I say I totally understand the need to have a dog in your life. I have had a dog or dogs in my life since I was 6 years old and a house to me is not complete without at least 1 or more in the house. Back when I was a kid I had as many as 4 or more at the same time and I would work doing odd jobs for folks to buy their food. That was my fathers only rule even though many times he would have to kick in a little, as long as I tried it was ok for me to have them....lol. 

• Like 1