S&W new model 9mm

bobsguns

17 hours ago, Snaveba said:

What do you mean “I don’t need one of these”. 

it’s not a matter of need man, it’s a matter of want. 

Repeating the, “I don’t need one of these” mantra  is my method of resisting the urge to run out and buy one!  Rarely works, but I do try, lol. 

9 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I can’t tell from the video ( and maybe it’s an unknown) will the Shield Plus in 30 SC be an entirely new pistol? Or will they build it on the 9mm pistol so all a current owner has to do is buy a barrel and magazines?

Beats me.  S&W's lips are pretty tight on this.  I really don't care if it throws a bullet at Mach 2 and guarantees a bullseye.  I'm settled on 9s.

Edited by gun sane
10 hours ago, Garufa said:

Confusion abounds.  How did we get from the new S&W CSX 9mm to the 30 Super Carry?

Mea culpa for the infraction.  Just an ominous warning to CSX 9mm buyers that five minutes later the 30SC version could be available.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw one of these at Bud's in Seveirville last week.  Did not shoot it but it was available for rental at their range.  Picked it up and seems nice, but the trigger pull is quite heavy.  A y'all-tuber said his lightened up after shooting it awhile.  Not sure what that translates into in the real world.

Think the most relevant observation was that it is the modern  day replacement for the venerable "Chief's Special."  I can see how it would have an appeal to people enamored with that oldie but goodie.

47 minutes ago, JustEd said:

Saw one of these at Bud's in Seveirville last week.  Did not shoot it but it was available for rental at their range.  Picked it up and seems nice, but the trigger pull is quite heavy. 

Can you say if it's heavier than the Sig 938? Mine is pretty darn stiff, I'd say close to 9-10 lbs. For a carry gun, I can live with that extra bit of safety. A self-defense ND is not my idea of a good time.

52 minutes ago, JustEd said:

Saw one of these at Bud's in Seveirville last week.  Did not shoot it but it was available for rental at their range.  Picked it up and seems nice, but the trigger pull is quite heavy.  A y'all-tuber said his lightened up after shooting it awhile.  Not sure what that translates into in the real world.

Think the most relevant observation was that it is the modern  day replacement for the venerable "Chief's Special."  I can see how it would have an appeal to people enamored with that oldie but goodie.

I admit I do sorta like the looks of the CSX, and if you search GB, it can be found from 549 up. So pricing isn't too far off a good spot for and introductory Shield competitor. At least that is how I see the CSX.

Having bought almost all the variations of the Shield pistols, I guess you could say I'm pretty fond of them. I currently have the PC 2.0 and the 4" Plus 2.0. I really do like the way they fit my hands, and they shoot well for me. I must dmit to a slight favoritism for the PC 2.0 ove the Plus model, but I have carried it a lot longer, and shot more with it. So that might change.

Withe the multitude of sub-compact and micro 9's available, and more like to come, I won't say that I couldn't be swayed in my thinking. lol

Even considered a 365XL recently, pricing seems to be dropping on them. However, I wisely decided to wait on that one. For once.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Can you say if it's heavier than the Sig 938? Mine is pretty darn stiff, I'd say close to 9-10 lbs. For a carry gun, I can live with that extra bit of safety. A self-defense ND is not my idea of a good time.

Can not compare but its certainly not 9-10 lbs. 

11 minutes ago, hipower said:

I admit I do sorta like the looks of the CSX, and if you search GB, it can be found from 549 up. So pricing isn't too far off a good spot for and introductory Shield competitor. At least that is how I see the CSX.

Having bought almost all the variations of the Shield pistols, I guess you could say I'm pretty fond of them. I currently have the PC 2.0 and the 4" Plus 2.0. I really do like the way they fit my hands, and they shoot well for me. I must dmit to a slight favoritism for the PC 2.0 ove the Plus model, but I have carried it a lot longer, and shot more with it. So that might change.

Withe the multitude of sub-compact and micro 9's available, and more like to come, I won't say that I couldn't be swayed in my thinking. lol

Even considered a 365XL recently, pricing seems to be dropping on them. However, I wisely decided to wait on that one.

SMGA in Sevierville has the Sig P365 XL with the Romeo red dot for 599.99.  I loved my p365 but went to a Hellcat OSP before these came out.  Guess its 50/50 either way.

1 hour ago, JustEd said:

SMGA in Sevierville has the Sig P365 XL with the Romeo red dot for 599.99.  I loved my p365 but went to a Hellcat OSP before these came out.  Guess its 50/50 either way.

I see sort of the same thing with the Hellcat. I was offered a pretty good deal on both guns recently, but declined.

1 hour ago, JustEd said:

Not really familiar with pricing on these, but that's what I was offered here. Seems good. But what do I know.

10 hours ago, hipower said:

Even considered a 365XL recently, pricing seems to be dropping on them. However, I wisely decided to wait on that one. For once.

I see that the Shield Plus is officially out in 30 Super Carry (I got the email from S&W today). Gonna get one?

(yes I know there is a 30SC thread, but hipower happened to mention here that he loves the Shield pistols)

Edited by Snaveba
  • 2 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 5:16 PM, gun sane said:

Being a happy new owner of the Shield Plus, this sneak peek of the CSX did give me pause.  Did I buy too early? 

But now that more details, including videos are out, I'm patting my Plus with pride and saying "meh" to the fanfare.  I hope it sells, but you won't see me at the head of the line.

I still want to get my hands on one... Held a Shield Plus - feels JUST like my .40 Shield 1.0, but it was the one without the slide cut for optic, so didn't buy it...

On 1/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, Snaveba said:

I have the Shield. And then got the P365XL for its capacity (and it just feels great in my hand). However if the Plus had come out earlier, I might be rocking that instead. 

I might still get one at some point. I do like S&W pistolas 

Still carrying a .40 Shield - wife has the 365XL, and I LOVE the flat trigger! 🙂

I like Smith as well. 🙂 And Ruger too...

On 1/2/2022 at 10:42 PM, hipower said:

BTW...did I see somewhere that the Plus model and the CSX use the same mags?

This is news to me!?!?

On 1/7/2022 at 9:17 AM, gregintenn said:

I’m gonna hold out for one chambered in the new 30 Unobtanium cartridge.

Will find the other thread (I'm new here) but I'm glad I didn't get the 9 Plus so fast... Want to check out the 30SC before I buy...

• 2 weeks later...