Two robbers shot in East Memphis

Guest 0down

Guest 0down

By Bret Weaver

Contact

July 11, 2007

Two robbers were shot by one of their intended victims at a party at an East Memphis apartment complex. The altercation took place at the Greenbrook Apartments near Macon Road at around 1:30 this morning.

One of the robbers was killed at the scene and the other was taken to The Med in critical condition. The two armed men approached party goers and demanded money when they were shot by a resident of the apartments. Memphis police are still investigating this incident.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local/article/0,2845,MCA_25340_5624358,00.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Old Chief

The type of control required to hit two targets is the type of gun control that we need more often. When we talk about violence in Memphis I am absolutely sure that more than one truck load of ammunition must be brought into the city daily.

Guest CrazyLincoln

I want to build a fortress in orange mound with two armed guards out front. See how long it would take for something to get stolen. My bet is by sundown...

Guest 0down

By Chris Conley

The Commercial Appeal

July 12, 2007

The man who shot two robbers who showed up at his party – killing one of them – will not be prosecuted, police said Thursday. The slain robber was identified as Terry Anthony, 22. A second would-be robber, who has not yet been identified, likely will face aggravated robbery charges once he is released from the Regional Medical Center at Memphis. He is in stable condition.

Advertisement

About 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, Anthony and the second man approached several people at a party at 6530 Birchwood Lane in the Greenbrook Apartments off Macon in East Memphis. Anthony pulled out a handgun and the two announced a robbery. The resident of the apartment was armed and shot both robbers, killing Anthony.

The two robbers crashed the party earlier, then left. When they returned, the resident of the apartment noticed at least one of them was wearing gloves, and got his pistol.

Thursday, the District Attorney General’s office said they will not seek charges against the shooter.

".... Thursday, the District Attorney General’s office said they will not seek charges against the shooter.....'

Reckon the DA knew that on 1 July the "Castle Doctrine" self-defense bill became law in the state of Tennessee. It permits an individual to use deadly force to protect him or herself wherever they have a legal right to be.

The law also provides civil immunity for those who defend themselves from criminal attack.

So...., NO ACLU case for YOU --- "Second Would-be Robber!" :)

Guest handsomerob

My brother is a friend of the guy that protected himself and the people at the party. From his story (details aren't certain), the first robber was holding a gun on someone and wouldn't drop it so he got a single .45cal round to the face from a Glock at about 10ft. The second robber then was shot on the move. As it said in the article, it isn't looking like the shooter will face any charges.

I asked my brother to get some more details because there could be a number of valuable lessons in this incident. I could envision a good IDPA scenario gleaned from this.

My brother is a friend of the guy that protected himself and the people at the party. From his story (details aren't certain), the first robber was holding a gun on someone and wouldn't drop it so he got a single .45cal round to the face from a Glock at about 10ft. The second robber then was shot on the move. As it said in the article, it isn't looking like the shooter will face any charges.

I asked my brother to get some more details because there could be a number of valuable lessons in this incident. I could envision a good IDPA scenario gleaned from this.

Tell your brother's friend that he did the right thing, and everyone at that party should be thanking him for standing up when it counted. And give him my condolances for going through that... no doubt there's alot going through his mind right now.

God Bless.