"Teens" busted with stolen guns in Nashville

bobsguns

What in the world is a 13 year old doing with a stolen 9mm? Jesus!聽聽馃が

Story

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Metro Police have social media to thank after officers found videos of two teens flashing handguns online. The teens are 13 and 16 years old.聽

Police say the guns had been reported stolen from vehicles. According to police, officers approached the teens after seeing the social media post and took the guns without incident.聽

Police did not say what, if any charges the teens will face.聽

7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

The gang life starts early. Older members recruit juveniles to do their dirty work because that know if they get caught they'll probably get off with little or no time.聽

These two were stupid enough to show off on social media. They got themselves caught.聽馃檮

If you believe it, supposedly it is easy for gangs to recruit young men and women.

The leaders fulfill a role most kids are looking for, strong male figures which is missing from many of their lives.

The gang becomes their family, only a bit more violent and dysfunctional than mine.

Of course, I'm a older, middle class, non gang affiliated white guy with no degree in sociology or experience in social work, so my comments are probably racist and anecdotal with no legitimate proof of fact.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, A.J. Holst said:

Of course, I'm a older, middle class, non gang affiliated white guy with no degree in sociology or experience in social work, so my comments are probably racist and anecdotal with no legitimate proof of fact.

I worked the projects in Nashville for years as a maintenance man. I'd say you're 100% spot-on with your assessment.聽

75% of black babies born in the 25 or so years are born to single mothers. That dooms them to a life of poverty. Not making it up, look at the numbers on-line. The utterly sad part is, it's become acceptable to certain culture(s) as being ok. That's why prisons are overwhelmingly filled with minorities & something around 60% of black men carry a felony on their record. Both sad & infuriating, IMO. Many of those men could've turned out to be good citizens had they been exposed to a normal upbringing, IMO.

The news this morning shows the reward is now up to $8k for info leading to the arrest/conviction of the thief. I'm betting he has local or semi-local ties.聽

Edited by bobsguns
  • Like 2