Is there no such thing as an affordable lever action anymore?

bobsguns

Winchester 94. Found a barreled action on gunbroker then parts a few at a time. I鈥檝e got a bud here that sells nothing but barrels and stocks. Took several months to get everything together. It can be done. It ain鈥檛 pretty but it shoots great.聽

• Like 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Moped said:

Well, probably not what you all were really talking about, but I just put a Henry Classic .22S/L/LR in lay-a-way at my LGS.

Layaway kinda goes with the theme of affordable.

Henry does make a mighty fine .22 though!

• Like 1

I had a bid in on a Marlin lever in .35 Rem caliber. I stopped at $600 but with like 5 hrs left it was up to $699 or so. Then this morning I looked to see the selling price. It ended up at $792. That seems to be the average price for the average used lever action these days.聽

I need to find a guy going through a divorce. LOL!

12 hours ago, Garufa said:

Layaway kinda goes with the theme of affordable.

Henry does make a mighty fine .22 though!

Oh, it was affordable at $350. Firearms are mad money purchases for me and my mad money is low right now.聽 So I put them in Lay-A-Way until my mad money builds back up. Sorta like locking in the price, right now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

Guns are DEFINANTLY mad money purchases for me.聽 They also often tend to be impulse buys, even when I am planning to do something else.聽聽

They are an impulse buy for me, though I do tend to think things through.聽 It takes me a while to make the decision, but when one made, then I'm on the hunt and find what I am looking for.

Next up will be a single action .22 again revolver.

On 12/31/2021 at 1:19 PM, gregintenn said:

When I could buy a $150 30-30, I could also buy a nice pickup truck for $5-10k. It鈥檚 all relative.

But demand drives the market. Demand for trucks are at an all-time high. Not so much for lever actions, IMO. I don't know too many under-40 types who give a fat furry rat's behind about lever action rifles. They're all about the tacticool types, IMO.聽

38 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

But demand drives the market. Demand for trucks are at an all-time high. Not so much for lever actions, IMO. I don't know too many under-40 types who give a fat furry rat's behind about lever action rifles. They're all about the tacticool types, IMO.聽

It appears to me there is a very strong market for lever actions.

1 hour ago, jwhjwh54 said:

I鈥檝e had mine awhile too . I鈥檇 love to find a color case hardened 30-30 Henry . Those look great聽

E0461-C83-FBF2-4-BC2-94-DE-5-B382-D7664-

The case hardened rifles came out awhile after I had mine but I sure would have bought one at the time I purchased mine-

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, krunchnik said:

The case hardened rifles came out awhile after I had mine but I sure would have bought one at the time I purchased mine-

I meant to ask what the 2 above are chambered in. That's a nice looking front sight setup 馃檪

14 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I meant to ask what the 2 above are chambered in. That's a nice looking front sight setup 馃檪

The Carbine is in .41 Mag and the Rifle is in .357 Mag-

Front hooded sights are the Lyman .50 height with interchangeable cross hairs-

I have 2 Skinner Peeps and 2 Lyman fronts that I am not using now with the scopes-

Old eyes aren't working so well with peeps-needed scopes-

• Love 1

Affordable means different prices to different people. I bought a Henry H010 in 45/70 nearly 2 yrs ago. Paid about $800+, including the fees/ tax. Well built rifle, nice walnut, and the best customer service in the business, if you ever need it. Made in the USA or not at all.

Also makes for a great heirloom to pass to the next generation.聽 Of course,聽 like everything else these days, prices have gone up some.

The newer models now have both the original tube loading, plus a side gate.

didn't take Ruger long to get the big profit Marlin back out. could have bought this Marlin new at the gun show in Murfreesboro back in 2017 for under $900. figured I'd wait until the new rush dropped and get a better price. should have bought two, could sell one now to cover both and have ammo money left over.聽

image.thumb.png.780df7424122d117f28fb2ad613e5b50.png

• 2 weeks later...