Springfield SA-35 reviews?

Spots

Looking to add a Springfield SA-35 to the carry rotation when they become more available, and less unobtainaum. Has anyone had their hands on one yet that can give a good review? I have read and watched the reviews online but would prefer a closer to home opinion that I know isn't biased because of a kickback or status. 

1 hour ago, expendable said:

In Garand  thumbs review he had problems with both of the test guns he received  

if I remember correctly the first one had finish issues and the second had failure to extract problems after about a thousand rounds. 

Yes, I read about the finish issue.  Hoping it was just an anomaly.  Didn't know about the extractor issue.

I still want to get one.

Anyone hazard a guess as to how long before we start to see them in stores?

1 hour ago, Choatecav said:

Anyone hazard a guess as to how long before we start to see them in stores?

When the waiting lists are fulfilled I reckon.

I’ve seen several reports of the extractor issue around 800 rounds as previously mentioned, and complaints of “sharp edges”.  Whatever, by the time I get to walk into a store and just buy one, hopefully there’ll be no more complaining.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Didn’t know this thing existed…ain’t gonna lie kinda interested…could join the family 3rd times a charm. 

No. You don't need an SA35. You have a nice BHP already. Leave it alone, there's too many looking for one now!

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, hipower said:

No. You don't need an SA35. You have a nice BHP already. Leave it alone, there's too many looking for one now!

Ha... this is starting to remind me of what my wife tells me about saddles. She says, 'You don't need another saddle. How many can you ride at one time, anyway?"

• Like 1
On 1/3/2022 at 1:56 PM, Choatecav said:

Ha... this is starting to remind me of what my wife tells me about saddles. She says, 'You don't need another saddle. How many can you ride at one time, anyway?"

Are... are we married to the same woman? 

Apparently any more than 1, is too many. 🤦‍♂️🙄

• Haha 1
On 12/31/2021 at 7:58 PM, Spots said:

Looking to add a Springfield SA-35 to the carry rotation when they become more available, and less unobtainaum. Has anyone had their hands on one yet that can give a good review? I have read and watched the reviews online but would prefer a closer to home opinion that I know isn't biased because of a kickback or status. 

I've seen one in person but never fired.  It probably worth the $699 MSRP.  Quality wise it was on par with one of the SA Mil-Spec defenders. 

• 3 weeks later...

Buds gun shop in Sevierville had one for rent at the range when I was there a couple of weeks ago. 

Handled it but did not shoot it.  Don't like indoor ranges, call me spoiled. 

edit:  I handled it and thought the trigger was on the heavy side.

Edited by JustEd
added comment
  • Like 1
On 1/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, JustEd said:

Buds gun shop in Sevierville had one for rent at the range when I was there a couple of weeks ago. 

Handled it but did not shoot it.  Don't like indoor ranges, call me spoiled. 

edit:  I handled it and thought the trigger was on the heavy side.

The heavy trigger and the long reset are the bane of the BHP. I’ve owned 2 over the years going back to the 80s including one with some custom work.They felt great in the hand but even with the larger thumb safety,better sights and mag safety removed on the custom one ( just like the SA35) I just didn’t like the trigger on them .