Jump to content

Firearm manufacturer operating in TN openly lobbying for ban on home-built firearms?


Recommended Posts

My info is on very good authority, but without corroboration I'm not going to impugn the manufacturer. That said, it does not at all surprise me that any firearm manufacturer would support banning home-built firearms and to that end would lobby as clandestinely as possible.

A more specific related question is whether anyone is aware of particular pistol frames--excluding Glock or Sig Sauer--that are commonly knocked off either by 3D printing or a 3rd party company? This would have to do with claims of patent infringement by manufacturers as bases for supporting a ban on home-built firearms.

Link to comment

What's the goal here? You want us to lobby against an entity you are unwilling to name? If you get corroboration from someone here what are you going to do with that information? I'm curious as this is your first two posts on the forum and appear to be from out of state. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Lumber_Jack said:

What's the goal here? You want us to lobby against an entity you are unwilling to name? If you get corroboration from someone here what are you going to do with that information? I'm curious as this is your first two posts on the forum and appear to be from out of state. 

I have not even suggested lobbying against anyone. The "goal" merely is to gain information. If i get corroboration, I'm going to look into it further another way. Seems that there should be a money trail between the company and politicians who support bans and/or firearm prohibition organizations, though that might not be apparent or discernible at this point.

Link to comment

Well, how many firearm manufacturers are in Tennessee. Beretta is here, and I think another was moving an operation here. Other than that I don’t know off the top of my head.  Guess I could have Googled it. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

So you are in New Hampshire, joined here 5 months ago, and this is your maiden post?🤨

This is the first time this issue, which is specific to TN, has come up. I have acquaintances in TN and joined to keep up with what's going on. I belong to a regional forum that covers my area, and we have a few people plugged into the political machine and firearm manufacturing apparatus in NH who know what is going on behind the scenes with regard to firearm bills here. So I figured someone on this site might have an inside line on what is on the horizon for firearm laws in TN and what role the manufacturers in the state are playing in getting those bills passed or voted down.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Well, how many firearm manufacturers are in Tennessee. Beretta is here, and I think another was moving an operation here. Other than that I don’t know off the top of my head.  Guess I could have Googled it. 

Smith & Wesson is the company you're thinking of who's in the process of relocating here but isn't operational yet.

Barrett is also here down in Christiana, but I doubt there are many home-brewed .50 BMGs out there eating into their business. Plus their typical customer isn't one who needs to roll-their-own to save a buck.

 

Link to comment
26 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

Barrett is also here down in Christiana, but I doubt there are many home-brewed .50 BMGs out there eating into their business. Plus their typical customer isn't one who needs to roll-their-own to save a buck.

 

Barrett produces a good bit more than 50 BMG. They have offerings in .223/5.56 up through 7.62 NATO in AR platforms and 6.5 mm up through the .338 Norma or Lapua mag options in bolt actions. They used to have even more small bore options in the now discontinued Fieldcraft line. 
You point is still valid though. Their target market is not generally "rolling their own" from 80% lowers. Plus their ownership is historically very pro 2A at the state and national level.
 

Link to comment
On 1/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, Grayfox54 said:

The gun world is full of rumors. Most are unfounded or outright lies.  I've heard nothing at all about this until right now. 

Don't feed the troll. 

My question was one of skepticism as this would not be the first member(reporter) looking to get media bites from gun toting rednecks in Tennessee. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

My question was one of skepticism as this would not be the first member(reporter) looking to get media bites from gun toting rednecks in Tennessee. 

In reality, I was just asking if anyone had heard anything about this. There is no conspiracy.

Link to comment

I detect a strong troll scent from somewhere.

If, as the OP asked, a firearms manufacturer was "openly lobbying" for something, wouldn't it be well known? 

Maybe I just don't understand how things work in New Hampshire, but in the places I've lived, when someone openly lobbies for something, they do it publicly and conspicuously.  🙂

Cheers,

Whisper 

Link to comment

I'm in the TFA & closely tuned into Nashville's best gun shop. Never heard a whiff of what the OP is asking about. 

The only thing that could even possibly be along these lines is the Glock Store in Nashville. There's a lot of 80% Glock frames being sold, so this may or may not affect them at all. I certainly don't want to start a rumor that it was them doing it because I certainly don't know. But it sure as heck isn't Beretta nor Barrett. 

I agree it's a BS rumor. While not perfect, the TN legislature is pretty pro-gun outside of the usual suspects.

Party on, Garth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 1/7/2022 at 5:49 PM, bobsguns said:

I'm in the TFA & closely tuned into Nashville's best gun shop. Never heard a whiff of what the OP is asking about. 

The only thing that could even possibly be along these lines is the Glock Store in Nashville. There's a lot of 80% Glock frames being sold, so this may or may not affect them at all. I certainly don't want to start a rumor that it was them doing it because I certainly don't know. But it sure as heck isn't Beretta nor Barrett. 

I agree it's a BS rumor. While not perfect, the TN legislature is pretty pro-gun outside of the usual suspects.

Party on, Garth.

Agreed that is does not appear there is a manufacturer in TN that would have direct cause to oppose the building of handguns by individuals, even if manufacturers in general likely would prefer a protection scheme in favor of their products. Also, I missed the part about the rumor. Is there one?

Link to comment
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, DispositionMatrix said:

Agreed that is does not appear there is a manufacturer in TN that would have direct cause to oppose the building of handguns by individuals, even if manufacturers in general likely would prefer a protection scheme in favor of their products. Also, I missed the part about the rumor. Is there one?

The only rumor of that nature is the one you brought. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

Just because you didn't name a manufacturer doesn't mean you didn't post a rumor that one may in fact be lobbying for a ban.

Except that I did not make such a declaration. I asked a question; others incorrectly inferred my interrogative was a declarative.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.