Snow!

In Mt Juliet we had 4 inches, about the same at my son's place just east of Lebanon. We are out running around and the snow is slowly melting.

Edited by RED333
Because I can
  • Like 2

We got 1-3" depending on which side of the house you look.  Had no satellite signal when I got up at 6am or so, went out thru the man door in the garage,  stepped off the concrete pad and snow up to my ankles.  Had crocs on, bad decision there.  Sat dish on the front of the house facing due South, it had 2" of wet heavy snow over the entire dish.  Removed the snow and signal came back.   

The back porch is on opposite end of house, facing due North and is screened in.  Frozen ice/snow mixture covered the screening material from the top to bottom, which is about 8' tall.  Basically could not see thru the ice/snow mix that was frozen to the screening, the screen door was almost frozen shut.  Had 4" of snow on the step at this door., with some slushy ice under the snow.  

The concrete pad in front of the detached shed facing south, had no snow or ice on it, but the driveway which runs north/south was covered in slush.  LOL  We had some decent winds whipping around here, swirling the heavy wet snow around like a tropical storm apparently.  

• Haha 2

Well Nikki Dee corrected me on how they measure the snowfall. It is at ground level. I measured it off of truck hood. She said decks and vehicles cool off quicker than the ground. So it was about 3 inches, which is 3 inches too much. It is pretty, now it can leave.

53 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Well Nikki Dee corrected me on how they measure the snowfall. It is at ground level. I measured it off of truck hood. She said decks and vehicles cool off quicker than the ground. So it was about 3 inches, which is 3 inches too much. It is pretty, now it can leave.

So wouldn't the vehicle measurement be more accurate?

Kinda hard to measure melted snow. 

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing, but she is supposed to know better than me. At least she gets paid for weather forecasting. That is like the temperature that they report is 5 feet off the ground that is why it can frost higher than 32 degrees as the ground temp is usually a few degrees cooler. 

31 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

I was thinking the same thing, but she is supposed to know better than me. At least she gets paid for weather forecasting. That is like the temperature that they report is 5 feet off the ground that is why it can frost higher than 32 degrees as the ground temp is usually a few degrees cooler. 

Well, she’s purtier than you.😅

SE TN only got 1-2". Trees down all over Hwy 30 around Reliance, trapping some drivers. Crews are trying to clear the hwy, so far one lane is open now.

I drove from Benton to Dayton this morning at 5:30am. No issues but there was some slick going up the mountain on 111 when I went to Dunlap around 8am. It got plowed around 9am or so, making it a whole lot better. 

Surprising me, there was plenty of milk, bread & eggs at Wal-Mart. Lotsa beer & wine too. 😆

7 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Well, she’s purtier than you.😅

I figured some smart aleck would chime in on that. I can't even compete with her on looks!!  But I am like WillyK, I think if it snowed 5" on my truck hood, that is 5" regardless if only 3 on the ground.

• Haha 1