Want to know who bought new guns last year?

bobsguns

Saw this on-line, thought it was interesting.

Two demographic groups have been partially responsible for the increase. These are women and Black Americans. According to WTHR: "In the first six months of 2021, nearly 87% of gun stores nationwide had an increase in African American women buying firearms," according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Here are gun sales by state in 2021:

Alabama (946,271)
Alaska (91,207)
Arizona (563,763)
Arkansas (288,706)
California (1,476,073)
Colorado (628,811)
Connecticut (277,250)
Delaware (69,068)
District of Columbia (12,910)
Florida (1,711,685)
Georgia (806,912)
Guam (4,518)
Hawaii (17,707)
Idaho (273,762)
Illinois (8,474,505)
Indiana (1,815,531)
Iowa (266,678)
Kansas (230,168)
Kentucky (3,848,061)
Louisiana (401,345)
Maine (129,193)
Mariana Islands (364)
Maryland (267,753)
Massachusetts (259,248)
Michigan (970,990)
Minnesota (945,299)
Mississippi (323,319)
Missouri (634,191)
Montana (160,640)
Nebraska (90,676)
Nevada (186,578)
New Hampshire (151,853)
New Jersey (223,437)
New Mexico (194,989)
New York (464,575)
North Carolina (781,733)
North Dakota (80,546)
Ohio (851,887)
Oklahoma (416,514)
Oregon (454,133)
Pennsylvania (1,408,165)
Puerto Rico (74,381)
Rhode Island (37,936)
South Carolina (485,487)
South Dakota (106,881)
Tennessee (964,512)
Texas (1,980,753)
Utah (1,181,564)
Vermont (51,549)
Virgin Islands (2,145)
Virginia (655,339)
Washington (736,846)
West Virginia (224,240)
Wisconsin (785,856)
Wyoming (84,624)

• Like 1

I really don't believe those stats, you mean Kentuckians bought 3.8 million firearms and Tennessee didn't even break a million. I looked at most and noticed some states they already had their guns purchased like Alaska, Louisiana and Mississippi to name a few!!!

31 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

I really don't believe those stats, you mean Kentuckians bought 3.8 million firearms and Tennessee didn't even break a million. I looked at most and noticed some states they already had their guns purchased like Alaska, Louisiana and Mississippi to name a few!!!

So you're saying that we need to get off our butts, start buying more guns, and pass Kentucky? 😎

• Like 1

Man, Illinoisans bought almost 8.5million new guns? That is about 2 out of every 3 citizens of the State of Illinois. (Population of  approximately 12.7million)

If you take out the under 18 population that leave about 10million legally able to own a gun. 

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

In other words, Americans. I detest when we are divided into groups by media or politicians.

Not disagreeing with you, but this sort of info is good for those idiots whom proclaim "Ban them! Go door to door & confiscate them!"

This just shows those retards how many guns are out there & how impossible their wet dream is. 

Edited by bobsguns
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, gregintenn said:

In other words, Americans. I detest when we are divided into groups by media or politicians.

Guess we can do away with the electoral college then.   Hell, might as well get rid of all of the state lines as well.  

12 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Do we have states of women, blacks, gays, white men, etc.?

The list just shows states.  The caption above does highlight two demographic groups but that's important as well, for a number of reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

The list just shows states.  The caption above does highlight two demographic groups but that's important as well, for a number of reasons. 

Serious question. Why are demographics important. I know why they are important for company advertising, but not for the government.

19 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Do we have states of women, blacks, gays, white men, etc.?

Well I have heard if you drop your wallet in San Francisco you better kick it to Sacramento before you bend down to pick it up 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Okay Bob how do you spell it?? Be niceI lived there for 45 years!!

"Misspoke"................   😆

One of the states I've never been to. I have it on my bucket list as I love reading Faulkner & want to experience Ole Miss on a football Sat. 

Speaking of Faulkner, I have a neighbor who is related to the Faulkner's. Mississippi gets a bad rap, but that is good, it keeps people from flocking there like they do to Tennessee. I have heard that people actually will drive around Mississippi because of the things they have heard. Like blacks are treated poorly, well if that is a fact why does Mississippi have the highest percentage of blacks in the nation at 35%. You missed the good ole days of Ole Miss when they were the Rebels, I wouldn't go see one of their games if they paid me!!! They have become a liberal institution.

6 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Speaking of Faulkner, I have a neighbor who is related to the Faulkner's. Mississippi gets a bad rap, but that is good, it keeps people from flocking there like they do to Tennessee. I have heard that people actually will drive around Mississippi because of the things they have heard. Like blacks are treated poorly, well if that is a fact why does Mississippi have the highest percentage of blacks in the nation at 35%. You missed the good ole days of Ole Miss when they were the Rebels, I wouldn't go see one of their games if they paid me!!! They have become a liberal institution.

You can blame Hollyweird for Mississippi's rep, IMO. People from outside the South don't really get the normal relationship between races here, IMO. 99% of us don't give a rat's ass what you are other than a good person or not, IMO. 

One can place the losing of the Rebels name squarely on the woke crowd, IMO. I still want to go to a game though.

• Like 1