NH resident with ties to TN

I have acquaintances in TN and have been considering property northeast or ESE of Knoxville. A non-fudd range would be nice for 3-gun and other practical shooting. Up here I am able to regularly take defensive carbine courses that include DFH for completing CoFs when failures are induced in the carbine. Sig is nearby as well for far more expensive courses.

My most recent pistol acquisition is a CZ P10C. The jury is still out on whether it can unseat my H&K VP9 as best-in-safe.

Having pieced together a few ARs, including most of what will turn out to be an LMT MLKMWSB-MARS but with a 20" barrel to fulfill the DMR role, I have moved on to AK building. I have a build thread on Weapons Guild for an AK-103/4 Khyber Pass/apocalypse variant for what admittedly is an odd choice for a first build. Next up either will be a Yugo M70B1 or AB2 to replace my ZPAP or a Romanian md.63, since among my manufactured AK-pattern firearms I do not really have a representative AKM. An AMD-65 (TGI) is the closest one I have right now. I would like to do either matching. Stamped M70 kits have dried up, though, and I don't have the skills for a re-weld.

I shoot primarily at a range that has 8 utility bays for action shooting, but the rifle range tops out at 150 yards.

• Like 1

Welcome to this forum!

I used to live in Dover and was a member at Major Waldron.  Stupidly, I never got down to the Sig Academy even though I was in Exeter fairly often.  My most recent buy was a CZ P-10s, which I like quite a lot.  I loved NH!

I live closer to Chattanooga, so the places I go to wouldn't help you much...and they don't host 3-gun.  Actually, Montlake Sportman's Club has IDPA, USPSA and Rimfire Challenge near Chat.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Steves2 said:

Welcome to this forum!

I used to live in Dover and was a member at Major Waldron.  Stupidly, I never got down to the Sig Academy even though I was in Exeter fairly often.  My most recent buy was a CZ P-10s, which I like quite a lot.  I loved NH!

I live closer to Chattanooga, so the places I go to wouldn't help you much...and they don't host 3-gun.  Actually, Montlake Sportman's Club has IDPA, USPSA and Rimfire Challenge near Chat.

I like their 300yd range, but Barrington is a hike for me. Pelham has a 600yd range.