Let's see your 1911s!

gregintenn

I'm small potatoes compared to some of you.

The Colt 1911 was my father's. I'm 65, and I remember him bringing it home when I was 8 or so, and how heavy it was then. I keep waiting for the Mustang to grow up.

IMG_0215.JPG.8b3e9a1cc8ec8f263ff7a8577a70a5c3.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 5
On 1/9/2022 at 2:54 PM, deerslayer said:

Not the only 1911 I own, but my favorite. 聽STI Trojan 9mm. 聽My only regret about this gun is not getting its twin in .45 back before STI went exclusively tacti-cool. 聽

6D7E05C3-8212-4CAA-BDBB-454AB30F5350.jpeg

That is one fine pistola-I also have an STI Trojan but sadly nothing like yours-

6 hours ago, krunchnik said:

That is one fine pistola-I also have an STI Trojan but sadly nothing like yours-

Thanks! 聽It started life as a blue carbon steel gun. 聽STI's bluing is sometimes iffy and I apparently have alien acid sweat. 聽After six months of hard use, it looked like a WW2 Remington Rand and I sent it to STI to get hard chromed before it completely rusted away. 聽When it came back and I opened the box, I just about lost my composure. 聽Some have thought it's just a safe queen, but it has 20-25K rounds through it and has won eight or ten IDPA ESP division titles. 聽In some other thread I think I said a Glock 34 is my all time favorite handgun. 聽I may have lied...

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.聽 Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.