Let's see your 1911s!

gregintenn

13 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Thanks!  It started life as a blue carbon steel gun.  STI's bluing is sometimes iffy and I apparently have alien acid sweat.  After six months of hard use, it looked like a WW2 Remington Rand and I sent it to STI to get hard chromed before it completely rusted away.  When it came back and I opened the box, I just about lost my composure.  Some have thought it's just a safe queen, but it has 20-25K rounds through it and has won eight or ten IDPA ESP division titles.  In some other thread I think I said a Glock 34 is my all time favorite handgun.  I may have lied...

Nice-this is what mine is like-

I added the adjustable sights-new trigger-EGW leaf spring-

IMG_20211005_123133195.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_0993.thumb.jpeg.e3a1e1f8f5e765aab3ea487769b3fb73.jpeg

They said this fits a Sig 1911.  Not imo it doesn't.  Yes, is pushed in as hard as can be.

edit:  Found a good fitting holster locally.  Isn't she pretty all snuggled away in black leather 😘

IMG_1017.thumb.jpeg.aa67e94119c6039709698c4e739bb1a8.jpeg

Edited by JustEd
  • Like 2

I Cerakoted one of those LDAs not too long ago.  It was interesting yet frustrating.  "Frusteresting", I guess you'd say.

I seem to recall the spring on the cam inside the hammer was a pain to get back in the right spot. 

I always thought they had pretty good DA triggers for what they were.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:49 AM, gregintenn said:

That’s how you want it. The leather will stretch a bit with use and fit perfectly.

Not if the trigger guard won't even go into the holster.  Exposed trigger on a 1911 is not a desirable "feature" for carry, at any time.

1 hour ago, JustEd said:

Not if the trigger guard won't even go into the holster.  Exposed trigger on a 1911 is not a desirable "feature" for carry, at any time.

No, that isn't good. Unless you can use some force and cram it in there to where it should go, you probably want to take it back where you bought it.

3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

No, that isn't good. Unless you can use some force and cram it in there to where it should go, you probably want to take it back where you bought it.

I did.  Tried pushing it in so hard it got stuck, that's when the photo was taken.  Had a friend hold onto the holster while I wiggled the 1911 to get it out.

My mystery 1911. All G.I. parts. A mixture of 1911 and 1911A1 parts. 1914 Springfield U.S Arsenal frame with a Colt slide. Looks like brand new. All parts are properly military marked. But no arsenal rebuild marks. Best anybody can figure, this gun was put together from parts. By who or why is completely unknown. Just another Army issue 1911 mixmaster. 🤔

C5jdoLw.jpg

dh955MT.jpg

ESMNUg3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JustEd said:

I did.  Tried pushing it in so hard it got stuck, that's when the photo was taken.  Had a friend hold onto the holster while I wiggled the 1911 to get it out.

When you mold a holster, you wet it first. After it's molded to a gun, you allow it to dry. It will shrink a bit during the drying process, making it a very tight fit when new. I've never had one tight enough you couldn't put a gun in it at all.

Looking at your picture again, it appears to me the boning (molding) around the top of the grip is substantially higher than the top of the grip of your pistol. I suspect that holster was made for a different gun. I guess that could have been done to clear an oversized ambi safety?

Your Sig wouldn't happen to have an accessory rail under the dust cover would it? That might be the problem.🤔

Edited by gregintenn
53 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

My mystery 1911. All G.I. parts. A mixture of 1911 and 1911A1 parts. 1914 Springfield U.S Arsenal frame with a Colt slide. Looks like brand new. All parts are properly military marked. But no arsenal rebuild marks. Best anybody can figure, this gun was put together from parts. By who or why is completely unknown. Just another Army issue 1911 mixmaster. 🤔

C5jdoLw.jpg

dh955MT.jpg

ESMNUg3.jpg

Have mercy! That thing looks like they just made it. The crispness of the stampings tells me it hasn't been refinished.😵Wow!