Let's see your 1911s!

gregintenn

3 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Where was that beauty hiding for the last 80+ years?

No idea. I found it at a gun show some years ago. Paid $700 for it. I posted it on the 1911 Forum a couple of years ago and even the experts over there were stumped. The trigger, grip safety, thumb safety and slide stop are from an original "Black Army 1911". The slide shows the classic two tone coloring of a WW II re-arsenal job. Best guess is that it was cobbled together by some unit armorer out of spare parts. But there's no way to prove it. 🙄

What I do know is that its a genuine Army issue pistol and it shoots better than most.  I'm fine with that. 😉

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, after all the super fine 1911's, I'm going to upset the apple cart with my personal rat rod 1911. Back when I built this 3 5/8ths barreled pop gun in 82 from full size 1911A1 parts, the only thing this small size was the Star PD 45. The Officers ACP didn't come out yet for another 3 years. I made up a cut down magazine for it but just so happened the Officer's ACP mags fit my shortened frame perfectly. At the time, I was running the Auto Ordnance 1911 line so I built this from junk seconds parts that I scrounged from the line & Numrich parts bin for the most part aside from the too loose for a production build essex frame. It was a fun project that shoots pretty good.

70eWizHh.jpg

• Like 5

A few weeks ago I picked up this Springfield Armory EMP 4" at the recommendation of one of our members.  Took it to the range last week and this is a very accurate handgun.  I was able to hit head shots at 20 yds without any problem.  I am going to break it in a little more and start carrying this gun.

Edited by The Legion
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, The Legion said:

A few weeks ago I picked up this Springfield Armory EMP 4" at the recommendation of one of our members.  Took it to the range last week and this is a very accurate handgun.  I was able to hit head shots at 20 yds without any problem.  I am going to break it in a little more and start carrying this gun.

IMG_0050.jpg

These things are shooters.  I recently ditched the G48 and started carrying my EMP4 again.  I actually shot it tonight in an indoor IDPA match and had a blast.  I recently picked up the bobtail version after learning they were discontinued.  I haven't shot it yet, but if it breaks in and runs ok, I'll get a plain black Dawson rear sight and call it good.  

On 2/16/2022 at 10:08 PM, deerslayer said:

These things are shooters.  I recently ditched the G48 and started carrying my EMP4 again.  I actually shot it tonight in an indoor IDPA match and had a blast.  I recently picked up the bobtail version after learning they were discontinued.  I haven't shot it yet, but if it breaks in and runs ok, I'll get a plain black Dawson rear sight and call it good.  

I bought one used and soon found out why. Once I bent the extractor to the proper position where it would work, it turned out to be a pretty nice pistol.

Edited by gregintenn

Picked this one ip last weekend as a base for a custom re-work with Wilson Combat internals, some nice laminate grips, stainless bits, hi-viz style sights and much fitting/smoothing.

Nothing fancy, just a RIA Tac Standard but have always wanted a monolithic 1911 and Springfield TRP Operators are just too darned much money.

20220212_164834.thumb.jpg.35f97f1cb77502f2a1b3c7549a2eab64.jpg20220212_164849.thumb.jpg.7938e01c3ea44f78664712e24eb7f8eb.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, gregintenn said:

When you mold a holster, you wet it first. After it's molded to a gun, you allow it to dry. It will shrink a bit during the drying process, making it a very tight fit when new. I've never had one tight enough you couldn't put a gun in it at all.

Looking at your picture again, it appears to me the boning (molding) around the top of the grip is substantially higher than the top of the grip of your pistol. I suspect that holster was made for a different gun. I guess that could have been done to clear an oversized ambi safety?

Your Sig wouldn't happen to have an accessory rail under the dust cover would it? That might be the problem.🤔

Sig also used a squared off slide making them wider than regular 1911s

• Like 1

My new Springfield Garrison .45 ACP.  Ken Mays installed some usable sights and an ambi safety, took the trigger from 5.5-6 pounds down to 3.75, blended the Smith & Alexander magwell with the frame, checkered the front strap, put a mild undercut on the trigger guard, and gave the gun an overall massage.  I added the LOK Bogies camo grips.  It’s gonna be my new CDP gun for IDPA.  Thanks Ken!

D01BF718-A18E-4449-B5A7-16FDF8DC6850.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...