Broken Rear Sight Blade

Darrell

I somehow managed to break the rear sight blade on my Ruger GP100. There are plenty of rear sight blades to be had, but this is an adjustable rear sight. I think I can just tap the old blade out and a new one in. Do any of you have experience changing out the blade on an adjustable sight? I think the entire blade holder moves left and right, and I can just tap out the blade, but thought I'd ask before tapping.

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

Edited by Darrell

These blades are replaceable and can be had thru ShopRuger or also I think Midway has them-

I think if you adjust the rear blade all the way to the right and push it to the left it's just held in by a spring-it's been a while since I replaced one-

I also had good luck calling Ruger's warranty department and gotten them free-I told them I broke a side of the blade off and they just sent me one-this was true-it really did break-I had tapped it against one other pistol in the safe and it broke right off-

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, krunchnik said:

These blades are replaceable and can be had thru ShopRuger or also I think Midway has them-

I think if you adjust the rear blade all the way to the right and push it to the left it's just held in by a spring-it's been a while since I replaced one-

I also had good luck calling Ruger's warranty department and gotten them free-I told them I broke a side of the blade off and they just sent me one-this was true-it really did break-I had tapped it against one other pistol in the safe and it broke right off-

This ☝️. Just unscrew the windage screw (counter clockwise) all the way out and lift the sight blade out.should be a spring behind it.Best I remember they can be a little harder to get back in, I’ve took out and replaced several in MKII’s which is about the same sight.Shop Ruger has them and probably Brownells

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1