Gents, be the first on your block with the new Glock 15!

bobsguns

Due to my dazzling personality and charming good looks, someone I know VERY high up in Glock sent me this. This is a pre-SHOT Show pub shot, so don't get too caught up in the quality of the pic.

Caliber is聽7.62x25, which is indeed surprising, IMO. However, that's not THE biggest surprise. It has a HAMMER!

Yes, gents, a Glock with a HAMMER! (Which is why you see the safety lever on the side there, duh!)

Not sure how well the caliber will sell though?

Glock 15 7.62x25.jpg

7 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

7.62 x 25????

It clearly says 30x19 on the slide.....馃 Methinks tomfoolery is afoot.聽

30x19 is the metric listing. Basically it's the Tokarev round/caliber.

The background on the caliber:

The TT-30, commonly known simply as the Tokarev, is an out-of-production Soviet semi-automatic pistol. It was developed in the early 1930s by Fedor Tokarev as a service pistol for the Soviet military to replace the Nagant M1895 revolver that had been in use since the Russian Empire, though it ended up being used in conjunction with, rather than replacing, the M1895. It served until 1952, when it was replaced by the Makarov pistol.

The Tokarev is a bottlenecked cartridge, somewhere along the lines of 9mm +P ballistics.聽

I'm thinking this might be a European-only model for a while? That's why it's listed as a 30x19?

Edited by bobsguns
5 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I don't see no hammer. And it is marked 30x19.聽 I too think this is some kind of joke.聽馃檮

I didn't save the hammer pic, sadly. You can see the safety lever on the side. Striker guns don't use lever safeties, only hammer guns do.

10 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I don't see no hammer. And it is marked 30x19.聽 I too think this is some kind of joke.馃檮

Oh sure, but just remember, this is from the same folks that introduced a .380 the size of most makers subcompact 9's, so...

Apparently there's also an additional new release: the Glock 7!

Reportedly to be THE smallest 9mm ever made, which looks like it, IMO.

This one seems to be also a prototype as it doesn't have the Glock sights on it.

Glock 7.jpg

Edited by bobsguns
12 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

This one seems to be also a prototype as it doesn't have the Glock sights on it.

Glock 7.jpg

Made from porcelain and costs more than you make in a month?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Due to my dazzling personality and charming good looks, someone I know VERY high up in Glock sent me this. This is a pre-SHOT Show pub shot, so don't get too caught up in the quality of the pic.

Caliber is聽7.62x25, which is indeed surprising, IMO. However, that's not THE biggest surprise. It has a HAMMER!

Yes, gents, a Glock with a HAMMER! (Which is why you see the safety lever on the side there, duh!)

Not sure how well the caliber will sell though?

Glock 15 7.62x25.jpg

Pardon my ignorance please...but isn't 7.62x25 a European/Commie Block caliber? Like the Tokarov?

That would be a very hot little round for the Glocks. Sort of one-upping the .357Sig?

All this is moot if it's just another tease, but might be an interesting combo.

Edit...HandsomeRob beat me to it. I should read the whole thread before commenting. lol聽

Edited by hipower
  • Admin Team
3 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Glock 7.jpg

In the words of the immortal Lewis Grizzard, "that dog would bite you..."

8 hours ago, bobsguns said:

I didn't save the hammer pic, sadly. You can see the safety lever on the side. Striker guns don't use lever safeties, only hammer guns do.

This is the most absurd part of this thread, and it's chock full of absurdity.聽