Need an AK with just a wee bit more zip?

bobsguns

AK owners, have you often thought 7.62x39 just wasn't cutting it? Wanted a bit more Hp, like a true American?

Gents, do I have THE gun for you!!!!!!!

Introducing the G3-47 in 8mm Mauser! 

No more getting ridiculed by the .308 guys at the 400 yard line! Heck, you may even have more range than they do now? 

Don't let this one slip you by!

G3-47 in 8mm Mauser.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

West meets East.

I have considered a Zastava M77, which was a .308. Instead I built the LMT battle rifle and got a PSL-54C for the DMR role.

If questionable sources on the Internet are to be believed, Yugoslavia was into NATO-spec before being into NATO rounds was cool in the East Bloc, and the Yugo M90, which was not able to get properly adopted by their military before Yugoslavia fell apart, was designed from the outset as a 5.56x45 rather than 5.45x39. Allegedly, Yugoslavia was a producer of NATO-spec ammo back in the '70s.

I've been happy enough with the quality of both the M70 and M90 (both ZPAPs) to again consider an M77, especially if I can build from kit.

• Like 1
On 1/10/2022 at 8:51 AM, DispositionMatrix said:

West meets East.

I have considered a Zastava M77, which was a .308. Instead I built the LMT battle rifle and got a PSL-54C for the DMR role.I've been happy enough with the quality of both the M70 and M90 (both ZPAPs) to again consider an M77, especially if I can build from kit.

I had one and can highly recommend them. I found it to be surprisingly accurate, but no doubt that was in large part due to better quality 308 than the usual x39 steel case Russian I put thru x39. If you run accross one that is still configured with the thumbhole at a deal, jump on it.

I sold mine since I bought a Galil in x51 and it is the best of all worlds IMO. Much better ergos than the M77 though I didnt bench it the M77 to compare accuracy. Seems close enough.  If you get a deal on a Galil in x51.....really jump on it.

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bduncan1231 said:

Got this Mitchell Arms import Zastava M77 Sniper from my neighbor a couple of years ago.  I have the correct scope but still working on the scope mount for it.

Love it! I really wanted one of these, but nearly impossible to get were I was at the time. Nice lucky find 😉

20 hours ago, 1gewehr said:

Is this new production?  Like the Yugo M-76, but using VZ-26 LMG mags?  Like expensive magazines are enough of a problem already?!

They were, around 2013 or so. Share some lineage and parts but if I recall the receivers are different and the most recent was a modified M70 slanted receiver. The beauty part on the mags was you could file down the tab of M1A/M14 mags and they worked perfectly. Had plenty of those so no spendy proprietary mags to buy.

1 hour ago, Erich said:

Love it! I really wanted one of these, but nearly impossible to get were I was at the time. Nice lucky find 😉

They were, around 2013 or so. Share some lineage and parts but if I recall the receivers are different and the most recent was a modified M70 slanted receiver. The beauty part on the mags was you could file down the tab of M1A/M14 mags and they worked perfectly. Had plenty of those so no spendy proprietary mags to buy.

My question was to anyone who actually knows if the 8mm rifle in the photo is in production.  And are the mags VZ-26 mags as they appear to be?