Teen arrested after Nashville carjacking

bobsguns

Story

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Metro Police have arrested a 15-year-old boy after they allegedly carjacked three women in an Edgehill neighborhood Sunday. Police say the boy put a gun to one of the women's heads and took the keys to her Mercedes SUV. 

15 !@#$% years old & he's holding a loaded gun to people's heads to steal their cars? WTF?????? 

Someone should take this animal out to the boonies & put him down. He's proven he's worthless to society. He also pistol whipped (the media loves using that phrase) the car's owner.

“That definitely concerns me because this is not an area you typically suspect people to be getting carjacked,” Riley Gentry, who was visiting one of the stores in the Edgehill area said.

Edgehill has traditionally been one of Nashville's highest crime areas & this goober is "surprised"??????? What rock has he been hiding under? 

“It’s definitely concerning. I’ve unfortunately heard about a lot of cars being broken into and people assaulted in apartment and the garage complex. And others around the area,” Jamie Wittman who lives close to the Edgehill area said.

They start shooting those little bastards in the face & they'll quit robbing people. But there's a lot of "gentrification" going on there with the hip urban crowd. They can buy a house much cheaper in the Edgehill area & then they pretend they're living in Green Hills or something. Liberals need reminding once in a while that there's very bad people in their little world. It's not all rainbows & unicorns in the inner city. 

The teenager was taken into custody and will be charged in juvenile court. Investigators believe the teen is involved in other recent carjacking’s, so they haven’t released his picture.

15 !@#$%^ years old & he's now done multiple car jackings. Can anyone imagine what that little turd was like in school? You think his teachers enjoyed watching him walk into their classroom(s)? Would any decent person want their son or daughter around this turd in school? 

What the blank is a 15 year old doing with gun as well? Where & how did he get it? Steal it? 

This is absolutely insane. Sadly, this seems to be more & more the norm with Nashville inner city crime. And too many Nashville residents become victims of dangerous crime because they don't want to appear judgmental or some stupid thing. 

Had the car driver or one of her passengers been armed, this very likely wouldn't have happened. But that's not acceptable to the SJW crowd. 

• Like 2

Once again I will quote the Colonel.

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim. " Lt.Col Jeff Cooper

I think some of the most dangerous people these days are teens. They haven't been taught to respect anyone. Their parents if they have 2 at home don't teach them much of anything, let them do as they want. You know the old saying that S&W is the equalizer, well it is, if a 13 or 14 year old has a firearm he/she is just as dangerous if not more so because they have NO regard for human life. You look at all the gangs these days, they get these young kids to do the crimes in the hopes if they are caught they won't be treated as adults. My opinion if you can do the crime, you can do the time. But our penal system is a failed project also. No A/C, no T.V., you work or you don't eat. I have seen the chain gangs in the south, in Atmore, Alabama they have a prison and the inmates work in the fields of vegetables, there are about 2 or 3 horse mounted guards with scatterguns and they rarely have to hunt for one. The fact that they have 3 hots and a cot, T.V. Gym with workout machines. If I were over the penal system, first no visitors, high voltage fences surrounding the entire compound, get them up at 5 each morning and work them until dark, they would be so tired they wouldn't consider trying to escape.

Keep your head on a swivel folks, just because the person you meet on the street is a teen, keep your eyes on them too. This isn't the same somewhat safe world we grew up in.

Edited by Dirtshooter
  • Like 4

Just having a gun will not most likely not stop these people. You must be willing to use it, then be able to live with the aftermath. I sure would hate to shoot one of these people, because that is not my goal every morning when I get up but hope I will not allow me my family or myself to be pistol whipped. By the way, I will not be going to Edgehill today. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dirtshooter said:

If I were over the penal system, first no visitors,

Unless they've murdered someone, they're still human beings. Despite their punishment(s), they still deserve to see their families, IMO. 

One needs to remember, these guys get out eventually. You want them all worked up, P/O'd at the world because of how they got treated in prison? How well you think they're going to adapt to society with that attitude? 

Most of the prison guys are either dumb as dirt or have very little education. Teach some of them a trade (construction, culinary, etc) & they'll get a decent job. Of course, you'll still have your pissants who will revert back to crime.

• Dislike 1

Pop pop, you are correct I would hate to shoot anyone also. However if you are a CC holder, you need to have already made up your mind would you shoot if you were forced to defend yourself or family. If you haven't made up your mind prior to an incident, most likely you will freeze and be thinking of what to do instead of acting. I try and stay away from crowded venues or anywhere I may be more of a target. I like being in the country, lots of trees and not many peoples!!

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
2 hours ago, bobsguns said:

They start shooting those little bastards in the face & they'll quit robbing people. 

1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

Unless they've murdered someone, they're still human beings. Despite their punishment(s), they still deserve to see their families, IMO. 

One needs to remember, these guys get out eventually. You want them all worked up, P/O'd at the world because of how they got treated in prison? How well you think they're going to adapt to society with that attitude? 

Most of the prison guys are either dumb as dirt or have very little education. Teach some of them a trade (construction, culinary, etc) & they'll get a decent job. Of course, you'll still have your pissants who will revert back to crime.

How'd we go from "shoot them in the face" to "they're still human beings" in the course of an hour?

I mean, look - I'm all for backing off the violent rhetoric - but this is a pretty fast turn.

Did your coffee kick in?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

How'd we go from "shoot them in the face" to "they're still human beings" in the course of an hour?

I mean, look - I'm all for backing off the violent rhetoric - but this is a pretty fast turn.

Did your coffee kick in?

LOL, I was wondering the same thing.

I would suggest working in a jail or prison before speaking on how inmates should be treated. I worked in the county jail 3 yrs. I won't go into details,  but they're not there for singing too loud in the choir.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Did your coffee kick in?

Maybe his coffee wore off?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

Maybe his coffee wore off?

Just shows that even among we "like minded" people, there are differences of opinion on how to treat crime/criminals as it happens and what to do with said individuals after the fact.

I personally am for stricter enforcement of existing laws. We have enough already written to cover just about every crime known to man and a few we probably haven't thought of.

Catch the criminals, try them quickly, put them in prisions. Not federal day camps. Work programs for the days...yes! Penalties/retribution should and must be enforced to teach that there are consequences to actions.

Education and traing programs? Sure. But make the inmates earn the privilage. Show them how it will be after release. Both if they are idiots and knuckleheads that will likely be back shortly; and how life could be for them by accepting responsibility for self and in many cases...families they let down by doing stupid things.

Punishments should and must be enforced to show how to live and how quickly that life can be changed or extinguished by personal choices.

Hardcase? Yes, I lean that way. But having a father and 2 uncles that worked the Tn State Prison systems for years will tend to give you a different view than that of the "reform the system" people.

As always...Just My Opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, hipower said:

Just shows that even among we "like minded" people, there are differences of opinion on how to treat crime/criminals as it happens and what to do with said individuals after the fact.

I personally am for stricter enforcement of existing laws. We have enough already written to cover just about every crime known to man and a few we probably haven't thought of.

Catch the criminals, try them quickly, put them in prisions. Not federal day camps. Work programs for the days...yes! Penalties/retribution should and must be enforced to teach that there are consequences to actions.

Education and traing programs? Sure. But make the inmates earn the privilage. Show them how it will be after release. Both if they are idiots and knuckleheads that will likely be back shortly; and how life could be for them by accepting responsibility for self and in many cases...families they let down by doing stupid things.

Punishments should and must be enforced to show how to live and how quickly that life can be changed or extinguished by personal choices.

Hardcase? Yes, I lean that way. But having a father and 2 uncles that worked the Tn State Prison systems for years will tend to give you a different view than that of the "reform the system" people.

As always...Just My Opinion.

As much as I would like to see criminals put away and generally removed from society, there simply is no longer any support for that.

Incarceration is ridiculously expensive and NO ONE wants to pay for it.

15 minutes ago, Garufa said:

As much as I would like to see criminals put away and generally removed from society, there simply is no longer any support for that.

Well we could take a lesson from Escape from L.A. California is all but lost anyway...wall it off and drop all the problems into LA and 'Frisco. 

They pretty much control things now anyway.

5 minutes ago, hipower said:

Well we could take a lesson from Escape from L.A. California is all but lost anyway...wall it off and drop all the problems into LA and 'Frisco. 

They pretty much control things now anyway.

Isn't that what we do in places like Chicago?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Did your coffee kick in?

Sadly, no coffee today.    😄

But there's a huge difference in someone pointing a gun in your face for your car/wallet/cell phone/etc & someone busted for slinging weed, IMO. The former deserves a shot in the face, the latter does not. 

This response was about the "no visitors in prison" comment. Again, unless they're violent, they're still human beings.

7 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

LOL, I was wondering the same thing.

I would suggest working in a jail or prison before speaking on how inmates should be treated. I worked in the county jail 3 yrs. I won't go into details,  but they're not there for singing too loud in the choir.

No argument there. But unless they're of a violent sort, they should get decent treatment, yes?

40 minutes ago, Garufa said:

All the more reason to make them work it off via work crews, IMO. Mowing grass, picking up trash, cleaning govt bldgs, etc. all could be used to save the Govt some $$$. Problem is, no one will allow it. Not the State, not the ACLU, not the handwringers. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, hipower said:

All attempts at humor aside...I strongly believe a work program for prisoners is the way to go. It worked until we got soft-hearted and worried about their feelings.

Well, there was the occasional prisoner who would just take off. Doesn't look good.

"We" didn't get soft-hearted, it was the SJW types who thought actual work was demeaning & inhumane. Judges too often sided with them as well. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bobsguns said:

All the more reason to make them work it off via work crews, IMO. Mowing grass, picking up trash, cleaning govt bldgs, etc. all could be used to save the Govt some $$$. Problem is, no one will allow it. Not the State, not the ACLU, not the handwringers. 

Disagree. The Sherriff's Dept. I worked for had work crews doing the above. Still do. No complaints from anyone. All the counties I know of do the same.

7 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Disagree. The Sherriff's Dept. I worked for had work crews doing the above. Still do. No complaints from anyone. All the counties I know of do the same.

Yes, counties. I was referring to State level. Sorry I wasn't more clear.