Pawn shops

Guest Jason

Guest Jason

Is there one pawn shop in Nashville that deals more in guns than others? I'm looking for a revolver, but don't wan't to drive all over creation if one place in particular is more likely to have the best selection.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nashville pawn shops are awful places to buy guns. Once I found a bargain, somewhere in Antioch. That's it. I've been in maybe half a dozen or more and not one had anything that wasnt either overpriced or clapped out or both.

You could also PM me and tell me what you are looking for.

Guest ETS_Inc

Is there any specific revolver you're looking to buy? There are plenty of good gunshops in the Nashville area, many of whom are represented by members of this very board.

Honestly, you're much more likely to get a better deal at a dedicated gun shop than at a pawn shop. If you're looking for something in particular, and one of us doesn't have it in stock, we'll surely know where to locate one. And if you're not sure what it is you're looking for, you'll have more expert advise in your decision making from a person whose entire livelihood revolves around guns (pun intended), rather than someone who just happens to sell a few guns. Also, pawn shops tend to be overpriced for what you get. Additionally, without going into a pawn shop, it's hard to know exactly what you're getting. A dedicated gun shop will usually be better able to give you an accurate description of their inventory, and the condition of any used guns.

Remember, pawn shops are staffed by people who get paid $7 an hour to buy and sell a myriad of things: jewelry, TV's, stereos, lawnmowers, video games, power tools, and a few guns. They're not going to give you the service or the support after the sale that a gun shop will give you.

You might consider trying Eastside GunShop (The Rabbi's store), The Academy of Self-Protection / Joelton Gunshop (where I teach carry permit classes), or one of the other gun shops before you waste time driving around to different pawn shops.

Guest pherman926

I have to agree with the above. I worked for Cash America for almost 2 years and during that time I, and I emphasize "I", got some good deals on some guns that were very good. But, that being said, you'd be surprised how many of the folks who work as managers or assistant managers are gun people. What that means is that the good guns rarely hit the sales floor. If not purchased by employees, they are sold to friends or regular cutomers at prices that are usually better than those seen on the guns that make it out to the general public.

I know that Cash America has gotten out of the gun business as far as selling them at the store level. They farm all their guns out to auctionarms.com and centralize the BATF headache that untrained employess were causing them.

Go to a good gun shop, talk to the folks there and make an informed decision on what suits you and your needs. You may pay a bit more, but what you get in customer service and knowledgable people more than makes up for any "savings" you might find at a pawn shop.

Just my .02.

Paul

Guest VandyZ
You could also PM me and tell me what you are looking for.

+1

The Rabbi found me the sig I was looking for very quickly (and gave me a GREAT deal). :D

Its been a while since I have been in a pawn shop and seen anything worth considering. If you have some sort of fascination with pawn shops, I have found that the ones in outlying areas / towns to be better with guns, but you would have to travel around which you said you wanted to avoid.

Post in the for sale or trade sections what you want.

I posted “WTB 686 4†FTF in MIDDLE TENNESSE†on several of the forums.

I got an email the next day from a guy right here in town… great price, done deal and met a decent fellow shooter.

Guest Jason

I know exactly what I want, a Taurus 5shot .357, blued preferably, low profile hammer or hammerless. I had one before, but it went to someone that needed it more than I did at the time, and now I'd like another one. I'd love to find one used. Will be hitting the gunshow this weekend hoping to get lucky.

I know exactly what I want, a Taurus 5shot .357, blued preferably, low profile hammer or hammerless. I had one before, but it went to someone that needed it more than I did at the time, and now I'd like another one. I'd love to find one used. Will be hitting the gunshow this weekend hoping to get lucky.

You understand don’t you that if you pull a gun and it doesn’t fire; Jody will be driving your Vette? :D

leaving.gif

Guest ETS_Inc
Fairgrounds. Heard on the radio today, I believe they said this weekend.:)

Yes, the Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife (and airsoft / costume jewelry / beanie baby) Show is this weekend, July 14th and 15th, at the Nashville Fairgrounds.

I will have a couple tables set up. Stop by, say hello, and introduce yourself. I'll be the guy with all the cool NFA toys, like suppressors, SBS's, AOW's, an original 1944-manufactured Thompson SMG, and a few other odds and ends.

Guest Terry J
I'll be the guy with all the cool NFA toys, like suppressors, SBS's, AOW's, an original 1944-manufactured Thompson SMG, and a few other odds and ends.

I would so give my left nard for that Thompson SMG. They are just neat!!

Guest Jason
You understand don’t you that if you pull a gun and it doesn’t fire; Jody will be driving your Vette? :D

leaving.gif

That's why I want a revolver. Pull trigger, go bang.

No Jody-boy driving my vette. Not much chance of either of us getting my wife out of it anyway. :)

Guest Papabear
That's why I want a revolver. Pull trigger, go bang.

No Jody-boy driving my vette. Not much chance of either of us getting my wife out of it anyway. :D

Did you find anything at the gun show that you liked? I went and checked it out Saturday but did not find anything I could not live without.