Four women shot in Knoxville

bobsguns

Story

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Four women were wounded in a shooting early Saturday in East Tennessee, police said.

Two of the victims suffered serious wounds and two had non-life-threatening injuries, news outlets reported, citing a statement from Knoxville Police.

The women were shot while in a car parked in East Knoxville and then drove to University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment, police said.

I know nothing of Knoxville to know if East Knox is ghetto or what? But police usually show when a group of people are shot, it's almost always gang related. 

I doubt two of them believed "tastes great" & the other two believed "less filling". But I could be wrong........................................???

15 minutes ago, peejman said:

KPD doesn't seem be able to get that under control. 

This could be found in almost any major city, IMO. No one ever "sees" anything, shooting victims never "see" or know anything, etc. I feel bad for the older folks who just want peace & quiet. Sad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
43 minutes ago, peejman said:

Right around the corner from Austin East high school. Most certainly gang/drug related.  Lots of problems in that area over the past several years. KPD doesn't seem be able to get that under control. 

Have any cities in the US been able to stop violence in worst parts of town? I can't think of many.

• Sad 1
33 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Have any cities in the US been able to stop violence in worst parts of town? I can't think of many.

None that I can think of. NYC cut theirs back pretty good under Giuliani but the hand wringers were determined to let the punks roam freely.

SanFran & Chitcago are shining beacons of light.......................   😝

• Like 2
10 hours ago, RED333 said:

As long as crime is not punished things like this will get worse!

Yes and no.....

At the risk of sounding like a bleeding heart liberal (most of you should know me better by this point!):

For some individuals the threat of incarceration is not prohibitive. They don't care. Now the causes for that situation could be debated forever. Regardless, the way the system is setup isn't working: the threat of conviction and jail is supposed to disuade individuals from committing the crime. The punishment and/or risk involved in performing the action does not outweigh the perceived benefit.

I find this argument illustrated perfectly with the debate sometimes used against the castle doctrine: you value your property over someones life.

No, the individual in question values my property more than their life.

If you live in a place where you might get shot trying to boost that TV, you're less likely to steal said TV. Statistic after statistic bears that out as the truth.

If you live in a place where punishment for committing a crime is reduced, you see crime increase every single danged time (e.g. Chicongo, NYFC after Giuliani, San Fran, etc.) The latest salvo of DA's not prosecuting certain crimes under the guise of racism has got to be the stupidest argument yet profferred by these baffoons. Which frankly is fine with me, let them cook their own stew! I will laugh a thick hearty belly-laugh when they complain that the animals inside the cities are eating them alive. Yes, cut your police budget, that'll fix it!!! Send in the social workers!!!

This trajectory is getting worse. The divisions within our society are becoming greater, and it will serve to fracture our country. Thats by design, btw.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

The punishment and/or risk involved in performing the action does not outweigh the perceived benefit.

and J walking carries the death penalty! I know I have posted this before, but until we as in the general public take a stand, the crime will continue!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I've talked with a few folks who are fairly close to the situation and KPD. They say everyone knows who and where the problems are, but our legal system makes things way too difficult to take action.  And perhaps there's bigger picture things at work as well, which tend to prolong the agony in pursuit of a bigger prize. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, peejman said:

I've talked with a few folks who are fairly close to the situation and KPD. They say everyone knows who and where the problems are, but our legal system makes things way too difficult to take action.  And perhaps there's bigger picture things at work as well, which tend to prolong the agony in pursuit of a bigger prize. 

Fear not, we are trying to get even more crimes/charges down to "slap on the wrist Chitcago LA Frisco style" in Knoxville. It was on the news this very morning with a lot of support from local leaders.

It is just to make you think, in some county's you lose a hand for stealing. Public hanging in the square would be a great way to stop crime. Yes I know we are to soft on crime, but eye for an eye would stop crime.

How about a escape proof prison? All crime is a life term and no parole. Walls 200 feet high and are 100 feet thick, same walls go into the ground 100 feet. No doors, prisoners are dropped from above by crane, food as well. No guards, no need for them. Now that would stop crime.

• Like 1