Walther verse Sig

Sleep profit

210 if accuracy matters & capacity doesn't. 

Everything is a compromise, somehow, someway.

What do you want this gun to accomplish? Tiny little groups? Shoot some matches? What?

Be sure to also take a look at the H&K VP9L. It covers everything the Sig & Walther does but w/o any shortcomings. Yes, I own one. If I had to take only one pistol into a SHTF environment, this one would be it. Highest complement I can give a gun.

My .o2

• Like 2

Thanks for input  purposes of this gun tiny groups   Target gun I have  a CZ shadow 2  modified for matches  thinking the walther would be good also will look at the H-K  also thanks again I was in your area last week at Benton’s guns. They had a good selection 

13 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

Thanks for input  purposes of this gun tiny groups   Target gun I have  a CZ shadow 2  modified for matches  thinking the walther would be good also will look at the H-K  also thanks again I was in your area last week at Benton’s guns. They had a good selection 

CZ makes darn good guns, I have 6-7 of them. All of mine are Custom Shop guns, which are incredibly smoothed over.

I think you will find the VP9L is as accurate as the Shadow 2 with a 20rd capacity as a plus. Lighter weight gun too. 

Also keep in mind, different people shoot different guns better than others. You may shoot a CZ better than a H&K, whereas someone else may shoot a Beretta better than anything else, for example. Ammo plays a large part in accuracy as well. Two guns of the same brand & same model may shoot two different brands of ammo better than each other. It's crazy, but it's true.

Benton Shooters is currently running about 1/3-1/4 of the inventory they used to run back in the day. Not sure why, I have my suspicions but I won't go into it in public. But they used to be THE place to go to for Beretta & Benelli shotguns of any type or gauge. Hopefully they'll get back to that once again someday.

If you're in Nashville, check out The Gun Crew in Hermitage. I haven't been in years but The Armory used to have a nice selection as well.

The Gun Crew also has an extensive listing on Gun Broker.

VP9L.jpg

Edited by bobsguns
  • Like 1

In regards to The Gun Crew...yes! They do have a rather large inventory. It may not all be in sight, but most items are. Tey also do a rather huge online business. 

While I may not buy everything from Gun Crew, I can pretty much count on finding the newest, hottest items to view there. Very good staff and a friendly place. Just don't expect to get in and out fast...it's not possible. lol

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, bobsguns said:

CZ makes darn good guns, I have 6-7 of them. All of mine are Custom Shop guns, which are incredibly smoothed over.

I think you will find the VP9L is as accurate as the Shadow 2 with a 20rd capacity as a plus. Lighter weight gun too. 

Also keep in mind, different people shoot different guns better than others. You may shoot a CZ better than a H&K, whereas someone else may shoot a Beretta better than anything else, for example. Ammo plays a large part in accuracy as well. Two guns of the same brand & same model may shoot two different brands of ammo better than each other. It's crazy, but it's true.

Benton Shooters is currently running about 1/3-1/4 of the inventory they used to run back in the day. Not sure why, I have my suspicions but I won't go into it in public. But they used to be THE place to go to for Beretta & Benelli shotguns of any type or gauge. Hopefully they'll get back to that once again someday.

If you're in Nashville, check out The Gun Crew in Hermitage. I haven't been in years but The Armory used to have a nice selection as well.

The Gun Crew also has an extensive listing on Gun Broker.

VP9L.jpg

Very nice looking gun. I checked it out online last night   Do you have the paddle release  or push button version.  And did you find a holster for this gun the article I read. Said no holster made for it at time written thanks 

21 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

Very nice looking gun. I checked it out online last night   Do you have the paddle release  or push button version.  And did you find a holster for this gun the article I read. Said no holster made for it at time written thanks 

Mine is the push-button version. 

Here's one on GB: Holster

Edited by bobsguns
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

HK aside, I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least give a Q5 SF a look.  Or, wait for the new Walther PDP SD Pro and see how it stacks up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

HK aside, I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least give a Q5 SF a look.  Or, wait for the new Walther PDP SD Pro and see how it stacks up.

Thanks I will check out Walther PDP SD Pro I was not aware of that   I really like Walther as a company  I have been looking at PDP in 45 when it comes out  the reviews on the 9 mm are very positive and the Q5 reviews are great I definitely want a SF it I buy that. Per. Reviews    lots of very good choices 

I dug my VP9L out of the safe while looking for my Colt Commander in .38Super. (Time for it to take a turn in my carry rotation.)

I can't remember about the holster, if it came with the gun or I found it on an internet search? It's a Comp-Tac holster, just a plain jane polymer holster but leaps above the Fobus holster level. Made specifically for the VP9L, so it fits like a glove & not a "universal" fit.

The mag pouches are Blade-Tech, a fav of mine. I have multiples of their holsters & mag pouches. Their quality is top notch & their pricing is very friendly to my budget, something not always easy to find, IMO.

I see David is mentioning a new Walther in the post above. I see it comes with a decent mag well & threaded bbl. While nice to have at a match, the mag well is a wee bit too big should one want to carry this particular gun, IMO. I don't use optics, so the plate cut-out is a wash for me. If you don't own a suppressor, the threaded bbl is more of a minus on a fast draw of the gun. 18rd mag capacity versus the VP9L 20rd capacity.

But Walther makes darn accurate guns. I own several of them, all of them in .22LR caliber. They also make Olympic-grade firearms, so they're by no means a mid-tier brand.

As you mention, lots of very nice choices. I would urge you to hit several gun shows before you make your decision. Shows would allow (hopefully) one to handle all the models you're thinking about getting. If so, you won't have to drive from shop to shop to shop to compare them.

All of the upper tier models are going to come with a lifetime warranty, good sights & quality mags. Some brands may be a few $$ higher on their mags, some may be a few $$ less. It is what it is, IMO. Holsters for all these may take a bit of internet hunting as they're all going to be somewhat new (VP9L) to not even out yet (Walther PDP SD Pro). So there's that to consider as well. 

One other thing: if you get to see a model you like, be sure to have the salesman break it down for you like it would for cleaning. Some models come apart much, much easier than others. Some guys don't like the way some brands field strip, that's a personal preference.

Pics of my VP9L below, with the mag pouches. Were I wanting to get into a SHTF situation (hurricane relief security, urban emergency, etc), I could carry 100rds of 9mm +P on my belt. Coupled with 2-3 mags for my PS90 in 5.7 @ 50rds per mag, that's 150rds for the rifle. I would have no issue walking around anywhere in the US with that load out, IMO. 

VP9L 1.jpg

VP9L 2.jpg

VP9L 3.jpg

VP9L 4.jpg

• Like 2

I just picked up a VP9 Tactical. Optics ready slide, suppressor height night sights, threaded barrel, accessory rail, and 3 17rnd mags in the package. 

Very impressed with the fit, finish, and overall build quality. Impressed with the feel in the hand and the adjustability of the replaceable backstraps and grip side plates. Not sure I love the mag release yet and hoping the slide release breaks in over time. If not I may have to find an extended slide release. It sits in nice and clean/snag free but takes a little more effort then I would like to release. 

My second H&K and I will be buying more in the future. A VP9L or VP9SK may be one of those purchases to accompany the VP9T I just got. 

1 minute ago, OldIronFan said:

I just picked up a VP9 Tactical. Optics ready slide, suppressor height night sights, threaded barrel, accessory rail, and 3 17rnd mags in the package. 

Very impressed with the fit, finish, and overall build quality. Impressed with the feel in the hand and the adjustability of the replaceable backstraps and grip side plates. Not sure I love the mag release yet and hoping the slide release breaks in over time. If not I may have to find an extended slide release. It sits in nice and clean/snag free but takes a little more effort then I would like to release. 

My second H&K and I will be buying more in the future. A VP9L or VP9SK may be one of those purchases to accompany the VP9T I just got. 

Why are you using the slide release at all? Why not sling-shot it?

I carry a VP9SK with 13rd mags. Trigger is just unbelievable on those things. 

No one, and I mean NO ONE ever owns just one H&K.   😎

H&K.jpg

1 minute ago, bobsguns said:

Yeah the trigger feels very nice. Can't wait to get some more range time with it. 

And the slide release was just an observation when manipulating the controls safe/unloaded. I did not go round up my snap caps when I took it out of the box so I was just getting a feel for everything with an empty mag in it. 

It is lighter than my two other full size 9mm offerings and feels thinner overall. It certainly feels less bulky than a few of the other options as well so even the full size seems like it would be a easier carry option than say a Glock 17. Seems to have a well thought out profile with chamfers, relief cuts, and contours in all the right spots to reduce bulk. 

I have a little MP5/22lr pistol that is a blast as well. it is my favorite 22 suppressor host. 

5 hours ago, bobsguns said:

H&K.jpg

I love my VP 9sk.  I found another one and bought it as well.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...